g-sensor

Search This thread

Fruktsallad

May 15, 2011
Hum... maybe that's why he sold it :( sorry to hear it mate...

Well, if you are brave enough to do it, do what I did... shake it a lot, and drop it (from low altitude obviously) into a soft carpet... it might sound crazy, but the shaking could be enough to unlock the sensor... corner drop it all around and good luck! going to google it to see if there is any sort of recent found fix...

in the meantime get the app "sensor list" from the market and tell me the brand of your sensors if you can read it.

All MPL sensors in "sensor list" just sit there saying "Waiting for value update...".

53e93153-7660-94b2.jpg

I'm not brave enough to do what you did, but I started shaking the phone (mildly) and could hear a rattle inside. It's not coming from the volume rocker, nor the camera, nor the sim card. Hmm. Could it be the sensors?

I had this issue, 3 days after I got the phone. Tried everything I could think of
(fact resets, etc). Still no joy, so I sent it back to the shop.

When they tested it , it was all workign fine again....

However I have a couple of thoughts on this (not tried it out yet so give it a go).

First of all disable that HTC Gestures/3 Finger rubbish. Secondly ensure Fast Boot is off.

Then re-start phone.

Now , Although I did end up like that, I'm sure it didnt fix the problem immediatley following me disabling those options.

All in all there is definatley something screwing up the G-Sensor, which is seemingly fixable/can be disabled. Its just finding out what it is/how you do it!

Slim

Thanks. Tried it and it didn't help.

I completely agree on you mate. The question is what.

My subconscious is telling me that it has something to do with the live wallpapers but I have no proof. It's just a stupid hunch, but it wouldn't be my first stupid hunch and I was correct so...

anyway, I've just red this...you guys might want to try and do it.

source: www.androidforums.com
"I just called my vendor, to complain about the auto rotation issue, and here's the step to fix, which worked for me.
Restart the phone, and go to safe mode (restart, and once you see the HTC logo, long press the volume down button), it'll restart again and go into safe mode.
Go to Settings, Display & gestures, G-Sensor Calibration, then calibrate, make sure to put the back of the phone on a level surface, this time, it shows calibration complete not aborted when I did it before in the normal mode.

Restarted the phone and it works fine now.

Thanks,
Mohamed El-Ghazaly"

when in safe mode, I would attempt everything from a "kill all tasks" in device manager to enabling and disabling auto-rotate in display settings.

Good luck guys.

Thanks man. Found that thread a few days ago and tried it. Didn't work.

I did that and i'm so happy now, because the method works for me... Thank you :)

sent from my HTC One X straight from Denmark

Good for you... didn't work here. :p

Skickat från min HTC One X via Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

audioslim

Oct 7, 2010
Manchester
OK Try this one then... Picked off the internet (from http://androidforums.com/desire-hd-support-troubleshooting/270587-do-not-calibrate-g-sensor.html)

----------------

Get the gps status and toolbox.

Lay the unit flat and using the tools in the toolbox, select
calibrate pitch and roll.

When calibrating, leave it flat, and use the AVERAGEing button 2 or
3 times. This seems to bring it back w/o a FR.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Worth a try I suppose.

Slim

Fruktsallad

May 15, 2011
OK Try this one then... Picked off the internet (from http://androidforums.com/desire-hd-support-troubleshooting/270587-do-not-calibrate-g-sensor.html)

----------------

Get the gps status and toolbox.

Lay the unit flat and using the tools in the toolbox, select
calibrate pitch and roll.

When calibrating, leave it flat, and use the AVERAGEing button 2 or
3 times. This seems to bring it back w/o a FR.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Worth a try I suppose.

Slim

For sure, worth a try. No go, though. Accel and pitch/roll sensors outputting 00 to the app. Thanks anyway.

casca

All MPL sensors in "sensor list" just sit there saying "Waiting for value update...".

53e93153-7660-94b2.jpg

I'm not brave enough to do what you did, but I started shaking the phone (mildly) and could hear a rattle inside. It's not coming from the volume rocker, nor the camera, nor the sim card. Hmm. Could it be the sensors?

Thanks. Tried it and it didn't help.

Thanks man. Found that thread a few days ago and tried it. Didn't work.

Good for you... didn't work here. :p

the picture shows it just like mine was...
If you hear noise could be something broken inside...

That's all i've got bro... It's best to return your unit ASAP.

BTW...you didn't have fast boot enabled while draining the battery did you?

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

Last edited:

Fruktsallad

May 15, 2011
Just like mine was...
If you hear noise could be something broken inside...

That's all i've got bro... It's best to return your unit ASAP.

BTW...you didn't have fast boot enabled while draining the battery did you?

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

Nope, fast boot wasn't enabled. Just read in another thread here that one guy got a unit with faulty Panasonic sensors (all of the above) repaired at Carphone Warehouse. Looks like I'll have to go through that whole process of sending it in and waiting (up to a month) for it to be fixed. Gaah!

OysterCatcheRR

Mar 30, 2012
Ugh my g-sensor problem has reared its ugly head again :(

That, combined with the fact that my GPS seems to think I trek about the place on a constantly rotating pogo stick, means that I will probably have to send my phone in for a replacement... WIll it affect me returning the phone if there are any slight scratches?

alazarus

Jul 11, 2005
Yes, they will probably ask for a blood sacrifice - I would prepare my first born if I were you.

That, combined with the fact that my GPS seems to think I trek about the place on a constantly rotating pogo stick, means that I will probably have to send my phone in for a replacement... WIll it affect me returning the phone if there are any slight scratches?

casca

damn! mine did the same thing again today! wtf!...

trying to sort it out as we speak...ffs...

the only thing I've done yesterday was flashing the original stock 1.28 recovery due to the non-charging issue from clockworkmod recovery.
I've just flashed it again to see if it had anything to do with it...and it doesn't

I'm now assuming that some of the phones have really faulty g-sensors.

EDIT: I'm now restoring a nandroid backup to a version that I'm 100% sure was working fine and will clear dalvik cache + cache, if it doesn't work...then it's straight to warranty.

Last edited:

Fruktsallad

May 15, 2011
damn! mine did the same thing again today! wtf!...

trying to sort it out as we speak...ffs...

the only thing I've done yesterday was flashing the original stock 1.28 recovery due to the non-charging issue from clockworkmod recovery.
I've just flashed it again to see if it had anything to do with it...and it doesn't

I'm now assuming that some of the phones have really faulty g-sensors.

EDIT: I'm now restoring a nandroid backup to a version that I'm 100% sure was working fine and will clear dalvik cache + cache, if it doesn't work...then it's straight to warranty.

Any news? Did it work? What about warranty with the unlocked bootloader?

casca

-installed active sync
-downloaded the 1.28 at
hoxroms.serveftp.com/RUU_ENDEAVOR_U_ICS_40_HTC_Europe_1.28.401.9_Radio_1.1204.103.14_release_256469_signed.exe
-flashed stock recovery
-relocked bootloader (fastboot oem lock)
-charged battery above 30%
-ran the ruu
-booted up
-voila!

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

So it is a software error or what?

I don't understand but I think in my case it could be software, but I cannot be sure of anything at the moment.

It's my second save and I don't know if I'll keep having this luck.

Reactions: OysterCatcheRR

casca

alazarus

Jul 11, 2005
I'll try this and hopefully it works! Will report back!

-installed active sync
-downloaded the 1.28 at
hoxroms.serveftp.com/RUU_ENDEAVOR_U_ICS_40_HTC_Europe_1.28.401.9_Radio_1.1204.103.14_release_256469_signed.exe
-flashed stock recovery
-ran the ruu
-booted up
-voila!

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

I don't understand but I think in my case it could be software, but I cannot be sure of anything at the moment.

casca

ok guys, don't party just yet...

After having it fixed like I told you,nandroid my custom rom and CWM recovery again, I've flashed the 1.28 stock recovery again to check what would happen and guess what...
The G-sensor did indeed stop working again immediately!
The problem now is that even flashing afterwards the stock 1.28 recovery, it won't bring it back working again.
I think I might be on to something here but I'm not sure how/why this is happening.

The other problem now, is that I've done my "fixing procedure" but it hasn't worked this time!!!! I'm trying to find if I missed something...

alazarus

Jul 11, 2005
Something strange happened - I did a factory reset and now I can do a G-sensor calibration but still no response in teeter. I'm just going to send this phone in for repair on Thursday....

After having it fixed like I told you,nandroid my custom rom and CWM recovery again, I've flashed the 1.28 stock recovery again to check what would happen and guess what...
The problem now is that even flashing afterwards the stock 1.28 recovery, it won't bring it back working again.
I think I might be on to something here but I'm not sure how/why this is happening.

The other problem now, is that I've done my "fixing procedure" but it hasn't worked this time!!!! I'm trying to find if I missed something...

Fruktsallad

May 15, 2011

This is soo weird! You didn't miss anything, did you?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mine stopped working last night.

When I tried the calibrator it failed saying "calibration aborted" the sensor checker also failed.

I went to the task manager and ended all tasks, I rebooted but no change so I switched off the phone then back on again and all was working:confused:

I will have to keep an eye on this
    -installed active sync
    -downloaded the 1.28 at
    -flashed stock recovery
    -ran the ruu
    -booted up
    -voila!

So it is a software error or what?

return your phone if you can, that is my only advice...
    If your G-sensor got screwed, my only advise is to exchange it immediately.
    Don't do like I did... after two days of not working, it started working after a lot of trouble and after 15days it happened the same thing, and this time without being able to sort things out.
    Believe me, I've tested it exhaustively and it was a hardware problem for sure.
    The replacement HOX should arrive today at home.

Replace your HOX while you can, and if possible without having unlocked your bootlader to avoid any more trouble.
    yep...
    my 2nd one X arrive on monday...defective again. this time with yellow spots. it was also HT23 serial