[Q] Ramos W30HD General Research and Offtopic

Search This thread

tomi_

Jun 30, 2012
Re: [Q] Ramos W30HD Youtube and Videoplayer wont work

Someone can check the files transfer with bluetooh?

Enviado desde mi w30hd(QuadCore) usando Tapatalk 2

friedrich420

Dec 25, 2011
The Land of Whatever

And reverse one, galaxy to ramos

Enviado desde mi GT-N7100 usando Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE
It is not working

It worked both ways for me as well. Overall this is the most stable ROM (the drx 0.03) of all available. And it fixed all the major issues. Also the battery is really really improved...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

clockterra

Nov 8, 2006
Palma de Mallorca

It worked both ways for me as well. Overall this is the most stable ROM (the drx 0.03) of all available. And it fixed all the major issues. Also the battery is really really improved...

I will try it as soon as someone answer if i can put the rom drx 0.3 directly from the first rom that comes with the ramos w30hd?? Or i have to upgrade to the officially new ramos rom, and after update to this one....

Best regards Clock

clarkseth

Mar 24, 2010
Naples
Hi guys,
someone of you has tryed to use forticlient or some vpn client, on this tablet?
I can't estabilish the vpn connection with it(the parameters are correct). I've contact the forticlient help, giving log connection and this was their answer:

Your Android OS doesn't support VPN. See this log:

E/VpnJni ( 1547): Cannot allocate TUN: Bad file number

This is very bad news for me :( I can't use this tablet for work...

fooxmdq

Mar 1, 2013
Hi guys,
I can't estabilish the vpn connection with it(the parameters are correct). I've contact the forticlient help, giving log connection and this was their answer:

no te sirve? te la compro. me la podes enviar a argentina? a cuanto me la venderias?

friedrich420

Dec 25, 2011
The Land of Whatever

I will try it as soon as someone answer if i can put the rom drx 0.3 directly from the first rom that comes with the ramos w30hd?? Or i have to upgrade to the officially new ramos rom, and after update to this one....

Best regards Clock

I cant tell you for sure, unfortunately.... I think only the devs can answer us for sure if its ok to directly install this ROM without needing to upgrade first...

lazik

Mar 11, 2007
PLandia
Odp: [Q] Ramos W30HD Youtube and Videoplayer wont work

Best regards Clock

Hey, just update to newest stock and then to drx. This for sure works.

jnyfox

Jan 9, 2013

Yes it is safe going directly to 0.03 from first stock.

flaviudan

Feb 19, 2011
Dublin
fixes

I'we found this fixes for the new stock rom. Would be great to see them also on the drx rom

Quote:
"The problem with the location services still exist.
The problem with gmail app crashing still exists.
The problem with GoogleSearch not updating still exists.
The problem with Asphalt 7 FC still exists.

For the above problems I have created this fix.
In the fix I have done the following:
- Replace getdeviceid method in framework.jar with one that reports a fake device id - Asphalt 7 now works.
- Correct the null in file strings.xml of framework-res.apk for location service to work - Maps now locate your position through wifi.
- Add Gmail and GoogleSearch apks that work. You may update them through Play Store and they will continue to work."

You can find the fixe on slatedroid.com - I can't post links

s2k7

Nov 5, 2006
Tokyo
Samsung Galaxy A20
You have to use tun.ko!
Please find the one compiled by me.
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=38364949&postcount=107

Hi guys,

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

Please find orginal post here: http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/565...d-16-feb-2013/page__view__findpost__p__628858.
May i ask you to make a patch for drx-0.03 rom?
Thanx!

I'we found this fixes for the new stock rom. Would be great to see them also on the drx rom

Quote:
"The problem with the location services still exist.
The problem with gmail app crashing still exists.
The problem with GoogleSearch not updating still exists.
The problem with Asphalt 7 FC still exists.

For the above problems I have created this fix.
In the fix I have done the following:
- Replace getdeviceid method in framework.jar with one that reports a fake device id - Asphalt 7 now works.
- Correct the null in file strings.xml of framework-res.apk for location service to work - Maps now locate your position through wifi.
- Add Gmail and GoogleSearch apks that work. You may update them through Play Store and they will continue to work."

You can find the fixe on slatedroid.com - I can't post links

Last edited:

SnOoPy_8

Dec 20, 2011
Casteddu
R: [Q] Ramos W30HD Youtube and Videoplayer wont work

Hello guys, there are a recovery version from last update fixed? I can't use pc and i need to update firmware... thank you very much friend...

Last edited:

jnyfox

Jan 9, 2013

Hello guys, there are a recovery version from last update fixed? I can't use pc and i need to update firmware... thank you very much friend...

What do you mean? I dont understand. You cant use cwm on drx 0.02? If you can, then download the 0.03 to ext sd and reboot cwm. Update and reboot.

Sent from my w30hd(QuadCore) using Tapatalk HD

SnOoPy_8

Dec 20, 2011
Casteddu
R: [Q] Ramos W30HD Youtube and Videoplayer wont work

What do you mean? I dont understand. You cant use cwm on drx 0.02? If you can, then download the 0.03 to ext sd and reboot cwm. Update and reboot.

Sent from my w30hd(QuadCore) using Tapatalk HD

Nice ok, confirm that are vs complete? Sorry but I'm new in this discussion

clockterra

Nov 8, 2006
Palma de Mallorca
Yes it is safe going directly to 0.03 from first stock.

I understand that i could update to drx v0.03 from the stock first firmware.......

I tried to do all the steps, and going to w30hd_20130218.vhd firmware but its a nightmare for me...
always get a error with winimage 8.50 at 99 % writing disk...(Error 23: Data Error (cyclic redundancy check)). I tried 2 diferent microSD cards 2 Gb, and tried a SD 2gb card only for trying if it works(and it worked perfectly, but i could not do it with that oneeeee because i could not insert on the tablet due its SD not microSD)...and only have another 8 Gb microSD to try but that is my mobile and i dont want to stay few hours to take a backup, and after did not work too..

Finally the 8 Gb microSD Sandisk works, and now i'm running the new firm...

All goes fine(videos youtube on hardware acceleration), but i have the same problem as before my battery only last for 3-4 hours...

How many time could you be working on the tablet with the battery??? maybe mine is a fault battery??..

i have to request rma?? the only problem that have the tablet is the battery
Antutu 14386, no lags, all working fine, except the time that i can work with the tablet....

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi I have prepared a clean and optimized rom, but still no hardware video acceleration :crying:

Hope you like:

[ROM] W30HD - drx v0.01
    OK, I have answer but this is just neverending story. After Chinese New Year will com next free days and this can be delayed until Christmas...
    Wonderful news, I hope they publish a stable firmware, and not what they have posted before.

On another topic, I have prepared a modified firmware, but I have not been able to operate the touch screen in the Aroma installer.
    Tonight I will try to publish it.
    Hello guys. I just installed a 8000mAh battery in my W30HD and i thought you guys would like to know how i did it.
    The battery i got is the "[L010] 3.7V,8000mAH PLIB (polymer lithium ion battery) Li-ion battery for tablet pc ,mp3,mp4,cell phone,speaker [36125130] " from AliExpress.com which cost me $20 with shipping.
    Pic of battery in tablet: bildr.no/view/1411334 . As you can see the battery went a little bit over the white plastic and didnt fit perfectly. To fix this i heated up a knife (pic: bildr.no/view/1411335) and cut away some of the plastic, result: bildr.no/view/1411338 . To mount the battery to the back plate i used double sided tape bildr.no/view/1411339
    The tablet works perfectly and charges like normal.
    i put all my free time searching for anything usefull, nothing came up
    So i need you guys asking polite for CT363 driver because that controller is newer than everything out there,

http://www.vtl.com.cn/contact/index.html

If there was other way i would have walk it.We need touch driver that only Ramos and the company that produces it has so ....

Edit:
    I need the outcome of this

adb shell getprop ro.boot.bootloader
    Thanks
    Hi demetris_l, I tried "adb shell GetProp ro.boot.bootloader" but does not return any information.

Today I received the W30HD and I like the hardware, but the stock rom is horrible :(
    I started cooking the rom but it seems hard to greatly improve performance. Anyway I will try to post this week, the stock rom with Aroma installer, without Chinese applications, root, busybox, zipalign, deodex and init.d.

Greetings and sorry for my horrible English.
    Yes, I can also confirm that. There is problem with hw decoding in Ramos W30HD - all above 720p and streaming apps like youtube. I received confirmation from Ramos support service. We need wait for new firmware. There is no ETA now.
    Other way is find and support custom ROM developer