[AOSP] 4.4r1 by AOSPA

Search This thread

T3kB0i

Aug 4, 2012
Atlanta
This build is outdated. The new blobs are out but we are done with AOSP builds. There are other builds available, just look around.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Other builds of AOSPA or jus other builds from other developers for the Nexus 7 FHD? When I choose a rom, I stick with it till something substantially better comes out. I'm rocking AOSPA 3.0 with JB 4.3 on my Nexus 4 for example, waiting on the propper KitKat build for my Nexus 7 FHD and Nexus 4. I don't have time to download a rom, backup all my apps, and restore them every ten seconds.

What I'm saying is, if I do decide to move onto another ROM, that's it for ParanoidAndroid for me, when I move on, you've lost me, forever. It's been over two weeks now that Google has released official stock roms for KK, that's about 350 hours of potential development time. Since AOSPA is technically based on CM, it seems like that is where the hold up is at. CM 10.2 hasn't been released yet, it's still on "Release Candidate 1"

Any thoughts?

w1ll1m

Jul 15, 2010
Other builds of AOSPA or jus other builds from other developers for the Nexus 7 FHD? When I choose a rom, I stick with it till something substantially better comes out. I'm rocking AOSPA 3.0 with JB 4.3 on my Nexus 4 for example, waiting on the propper KitKat build for my Nexus 7 FHD and Nexus 4. I don't have time to download a rom, backup all my apps, and restore them every ten seconds.

What I'm saying is, if I do decide to move onto another ROM, that's it for ParanoidAndroid for me, when I move on, you've lost me, forever. It's been over two weeks now that Google has released official stock roms for KK, that's about 350 hours of potential development time. Since AOSPA is technically based on CM, it seems like that is where the hold up is at. CM 10.2 hasn't been released yet, it's still on "Release Candidate 1"

Any thoughts?

Its not based on CM, its built from AOSP.

T3kB0i

Aug 4, 2012
Atlanta
They haven't been for a long time, CM & PA are built from android sources, and I think AOSP is android source code.

Oh, this is news to me. You are correct though, AOSP is the public, open-source release of the closed-project development of Android. All the major device manufacturers, chipset designers, software companies, collaborate with each other, led by Google in the making of Android. Over 80 different bodies exist within the Open Handset Alliance. Then this is release is converted to open-source and released for the general population. These releases are done within the Android Open-Source Project, barebone android. These releases are called AOSP releases.

Kearkan

Oct 10, 2012

Any thoughts?

As has been said before, the team behind aospa does this in their spare time, and they won't lose any sleep over you being impatient and moving to another ROM because they still have hoards of people (myself included) who are waiting patiently for the next release because it will be well worth the wait.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I know this isn't the warm Paranoid Android shaped Halloween treat you wanted but, i'm sure an extra Kitkat couldn't hurt. gapps now available

http://www.paranoidandroid.co/roms/
    Working on getting some new builds together. Don't expect anything before tomorrow.
    yep, this is only a AOSP build of kitkat, yet. But there's also no Android 4.3 PA build out for deb yet, so i have not much hope, that there will be a kitkat build. Of course nobody has "the right" for a build for his device. I only said it's "sad" that team PA doesn' seriously want to release builds for deb of their ROM, nothing else. And i guess this is fact, because if they would have serious plans for a ROM for deb, the Android 4.3 ROM should be out a long time already. The changes to flo seem to be small. Shortly after the 4.3 P.A.C. ROM for flo was released, i asked for a deb version and it was finished within 2 days, without the dev to have the device (he got some files and help from me).

Most of the team was very busy with life matters when deb was released. By the time we were able to get back to PA it was close enough to 4.4 that we spent most of our time preparing various things for 4.4. The ROM is open source so someone could have compiled a deb build by now if there was that much interest. PA 4 will have a deb build, but right now we are focusing on rewriting the features for 4.4.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    Here 4.4 gapps http://d-h.st/EIM you're all welcome, you can thank dhacker29

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Serious considering to skip my job interview to flash this :D So, this is what feels like to have a Nexus device :good:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Please do not, it will still be here later :)

Even though I don't know you.. good luck :p