[Q] New screen/digitizer, now nothing happens

Search This thread
Mar 26, 2011
I replaced the screen and digitizer but when I tried to power up, nothing happens. I thought it was a low battery issue so I left it charge overnight. Still nothing. I put this battery into another Nexus 7 to see if it is a battery problem. That Nexus booted up and shows the battery at 100%. So the battery did charge as it should. I tried putting the battery from the second Nexus into the first Nexus and It does nothing. I have checked all of my connections several times and everything seems to be fine. It did power up before I replaced the screen and digitizer.Any ideas?

kcipopnevets

Oct 6, 2013
Brooklyn
I replaced the screen and digitizer but when I tried to power up, nothing happens. I thought it was a low battery issue so I left it charge overnight. Still nothing. I put this battery into another Nexus 7 to see if it is a battery problem. That Nexus booted up and shows the battery at 100%. So the battery did charge as it should. I tried putting the battery from the second Nexus into the first Nexus and It does nothing. I have checked all of my connections several times and everything seems to be fine. It did power up before I replaced the screen and digitizer.Any ideas?

This might be a hike but try using the old digitizer. It's very possible you have a bad digitizer since the battery charged full.

Mar 26, 2011
One thing I would like to add. When I was charging the battery, I did not have the back cover on completely and I could faintly a voice saying "alert". When I snapped the cover back on I could no longer hear it and it charged. Does that "alert" mean anything?

Captain Sweatpants

Feb 18, 2014
Edinburgh
One thing I would like to add. When I was charging the battery, I did not have the back cover on completely and I could faintly a voice saying "alert". When I snapped the cover back on I could no longer hear it and it charged. Does that "alert" mean anything?

I've never heard of that before. The nexus should function without the back although WiFi NFC and Bluetooth won't work as the antenna's are attached to the back

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Free mobile app

Mar 26, 2011
I did get my laptop to recognize the N7.
I got a new LCD flex cable and still nothing.
I put the new S/D into my working N7 and all I get is a screen that is half black on left side and half on right side looks like the backlight is on and nothing else. So is the S/D defective?

deltatux

Apr 17, 2011
Toronto
I did get my laptop to recognize the N7.
I got a new LCD flex cable and still nothing.
I put the new S/D into my working N7 and all I get is a screen that is half black on left side and half on right side looks like the backlight is on and nothing else. So is the S/D defective?

Sounds like the screen/digitizer is defective. Return it for a refund or exchange.

deltatux