Search This thread

Binary100100

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 6, 2008
Detroit, Mi
I can also confirm unlock2go.com works! for Mytouch 3g

Sent them my payment 19-08-2010 at 11:40 pm EST and got the code by 11:50 pm !!!! all I can say is wow, it now recognizes my SIM in Colombia.

Tip: I used promo code unlock30 and got $2 off (paid $18).

Help! now that the phone is unlocked I'm stuck because I've got no data plan, and I can't find the way to go to Wifi, or even make a regular call. All the guides I find assume the phone is already working, but my menu, or home keys don't do nothing I get back to the green robot screen.

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated.

Touch the four corners of your screen when you see the green android.
http://www.km37.com/how-to-videos/a...-bypass-the-touch-the-android-to-begin-setup/

rubledub

Dec 15, 2007
i get it done FREE EVERYTIME

the easiest and FREE way to do this is call t-mo and tell the csr that your about to take a trip to europe (or somewhere foreign)

bs them about how much you love/need YOUR phone and wanna just pick up a
cheap pay as you go service using another sim while your over seas.

but you've heard "rumors" that the other sims will not work.

they will try to upsell you some international plan but just say no.

after some urging they will give up the procedure and the codes!

DONE IT FOR FRIENDS ON ALL DIFFERENT PHONES AND CARRIERS RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX!!! the gift of gab is GREAT.
much luck guys!

Last edited:

SL

Mar 25, 2005
The turnaround time with them is very fast.
I know of success by others as well.

I chatted with them on mine, but we both agrfeed that we would end up with the same number i got from t-mobile and others which wont unlock my phone

Success!!

Cost: $20 USD
Delivery time: instant (even on a Saturday evening at 8:30pm)

Important note: I selected "T-Mobile" as the carrier, and then MyTouch 3G as the manufacturer, NOT HTC. Not sure if this matters, but thought I'd pass along that info.

Good luck!

Edit: So far we have 2 confirmed success cases. Anyone else that uses it please post up - would be nice to confirm reliability for everyone.

SL

Mar 25, 2005
Here is a question to you expert.

1) I bought a phone (ebay) that could not be unlocked no matter what
2) Did received the code to unlock from t mobile and other services and they all gave the same number which will not unlock the phone.

The question becomes,
1) if it possible that the phone was permenently locked because of many attempts to unlocked by the previous owner.
2) Are there software service that can unlock the phone (instead of entering the code)
3) any ideas?

IMEI and code below that would not work...
IMEI: 3517710461xxxxx (mod edit) UNLOCK CODE: 67729639

Last edited by a moderator:

nos222

Sep 14, 2010
Hey guys, I bought an "unlocked" version of MyTouch 3G, at least that's what it was supposed to be like. The phone recognizes my sim card but I'm stuck at the touch the android screeen. Touching the four corners of the screen doesn't work for skipping the setup. What do you think the problem might be?
PS: Come on guys, I realy need your help.

Last edited:

adavis159

Jun 21, 2010
Hey guys, I bought an "unlocked" version of MyTouch 3G, at least that's what it was supposed to be like. The phone recognizes my sim card but I'm stuck at the touch the android screeen. Touching the four corners of the screen doesn't work for skipping the setup. What do you think the problem might be?
PS: Come on guys, I realy need your help.

when you tap the android, does it flash but not go to the next screen?

boot into recovery with home+power and do a full wipe (data+cache)

nos222

Sep 14, 2010
It goes to the next screen, I just can't pass the registration. What I meant was that the phone can't be used without the registration. I can't turn on my wifi and when I went to my operator, they said it's locked and i need to unlock it. However, the guys i bought it from said it's already unlocked.What should I do?

Last edited:

boriskey

Sep 22, 2010
just want to share my experience. I bought a used mytouch and to activate it borrowed my friend's ATT card with data plan. Once you insert the card, you will be prompted to enter unlock code.

If you already have t-mobile sim on hands (yes, prepaid togo sim works fien as well) and you use their services for 90 days, you can call them having your IMEI ready and they will unlock your mytouch for 90 days for free.

The phone does not need to be associated with the SIM card - they do not care as long as you are their existing customer even if you used different phone before

Things You'll Need:
• your T-mobile phone
• Your phone's IMEI number
• T-Mobile customer service number: 1-877-453-1304 or dial 611 from another t-mobile phone
• SIM card from another carrier

To find out your IMEI:
press the call button on your myTouch 3G and then enter *#06# on your dialpad. You will see the IMEI number pop up. Write this number down

They will ask for your email and will email the unlock code in 24 hours - (I called at 6pm and got it next morning at 9pm)

Also see this thread if you get no-service message using prepaid card after activiation showthread.php?t=748130&highlight=prepaid

IF you want to unlock permanently, the cheapest codes are on ebay - just search for "unlock code mytouch" or whatever phone you have. Starts at $8 and check feedback before you buy and buy from sellers who offer money back if the code does not work

Hope this helps!

rmcsc

Jul 11, 2010
I got around to SIM unlocking mine. I called T-Mobile, talked with a very friendly CSR and got my code on my email. Worked wonderfully.

R

random1234

You could use something like a TurboSIM. It's a small film-like device that goes between the SIM card and the reader in your phone, forcing your phone to accept it. I don't know if all/any work on android/sapphire so you'd need to get a second opinion before ordering.

The only HTC Sapphires that come unlocked are the 'Google ION'/ADP2 devices, so yes you'll need to buy an unlock code. If you've been with tmo for more than 3 months phone them and say you're going out of the country, they should give you the code. If you're looking for a reputable company for unlock codes, go on eBay, that way you know the testimonials and feedback is real.

Vodafone doesn't lock their sapphires.

Remobero

Nov 9, 2009
Cairo
hi here is my story unlocking my magic
first I tried htcunlocking.com but it blocked my card due to my country which is lame
then i heard about the ebay but i couldn't pay cuz paypal doesn't support my country which is more lame .. so i thought i hit a dead end
but when i read about unlock2go i thought i'd give a try and i was admired by how the process is so simple with no registration or bla bla
in less than 10 min i got the code from them and entered it and bowhaaaaaaaaa it worked :D this site is a life saver :D

Vodafone doesn't lock their sapphires.
yes they do .. apparently they locked mine

samy82

Dec 15, 2010
hi, my htc magic ist locked t-mobile imei 3540290Mod8edit help me pls :(

Last edited by a moderator:

shawn1224

Feb 2, 2010
I can further confirm that unlock2go works great on the Mytouch 1.2

It took all of 5 mins to receive my unlock code and it was successful on the first try. I also used the $2 off coupon so it came to $17.99 total.

Now that I'm on AT&Ts network I need the right APNs

bsmith1123

Dec 19, 2010
A freaking unlock code for this imei!

I need to know if there is any way out there to unlock a HTC MYtouch 3g phone for free. I don't plan on paying for a code that could possibly take two seconds to generate an unlock code. I've not been with Tmobile long enough to get the code from them and would really like to get off their network. Thank you, and merry christmas or happy holikannawaza an new year!

PS. If your smart, unlike me, with the phone coding talk, your advice would be appreciated on what to do.

Binary100100

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 6, 2008
Detroit, Mi
I need to know if there is any way out there to unlock a HTC MYtouch 3g phone for free. I don't plan on paying for a code that could possibly take two seconds to generate an unlock code. I've not been with Tmobile long enough to get the code from them and would really like to get off their network. Thank you, and merry christmas or happy holikannawaza an new year!

PS. If your smart, unlike me, with the phone coding talk, your advice would be appreciated on what to do.

You need to get it from T-Mobile or an unlocking service.
Just like I mentioned in the STICKY here: SIM Unlock MyTouch (Use of foreign sim cards)

Thread merged.

godheart

Oct 13, 2010
sorry but i dont understand..
well.. if i will root my MyTouch 3G and change the rom, for example one of the 2.2 ROM, my MyTouch would forget the sim lock.. or? the sim lock is in the ROM? or where?