[SOURCE] [UNOFFICIAL] CM7 for Infuse (Updated: 2011-09-29)

Search This thread

LinuxBozo

Retired Recognized Developer
May 29, 2011
Salem, VA
I only get 2644 in CM7 in quadrand free and advanced quadrants editions.

But I only got 1600 in Infuse v2 Gingerbread and in stock Gingerbread I get 1100, Stock Froyo I got 900.

Perhaps all of these things are only good for a reference point :)

To be fair, this is using a 1600mhz overclock kernel. Stock at 1200 on cm7 is around 2600+ or so.

LinuxBozo

Retired Recognized Developer
May 29, 2011
Salem, VA
I have compiled cm7 and have the update zip, but when i go to flash it, it fails. it does not give me any errors or anything, but only makes it through the "Checking state of RFS/EXT4..." then quits. I am trying to flash from Infused 2.0.2 using the red cwm. should I be flashing differently? I thought cm7 needed cwm 3.

thanks for any help.

It really didn't quit. That's the only message you get during flash. However, I have added notes to the OP about flashing from RED CWM. It may come in handy.

Last edited:

kjg1970

Mar 3, 2011
DALLAS
OK. So maybe some work left to do there.. From the reports I'm reading, if you enable USB debugging, storage seems to work. When you don't have it enabled, it appears broken. Perhaps you could confirm this as well?

I have the same problem. Does not work in debug or not. I can mount USB from CWM and transfer files that way.

Sent from my SGH-I997 using XDA Premium App

bryanb86

Jun 19, 2011
I'm going to flash this again..I got stuck on the Samsung logo and did not know about steps3-8 (thought i bricked and did something wrong) so i did ultimate unbrick etc. I am getting a distorted image "rainbow" on the at&t logo, will this conflict with my install of cm7?

Dani897

Aug 16, 2010
I don't think the Infuse forum fully understands yet, unfortunately.

Sent from my Infuse 4G

i just like to see huge numbers come out of the phone, it amuses me.

chainfire has a decent benchmark out. it does have a couple composite scores but he says right on the market page that you cant quantify performance with a single number.

Kosmatik

Nov 25, 2010
Orlando
Hmm also noticed something, 720p mkv playback is flawless and seeking is actually instant, incredible. 1 thing though, I get no audio. When played with Rockplayer using the phone renderer, same thing, but plays choppy video with sound when the the internal renderer is used, I'm guessing it's ffmpeg. No native avi playback though, not even video, haven't checked to see if that's common with the general CM7 though.

TheChefSLC

Oct 16, 2010
Clearfield, UT
still says:
bash: /home/jon/bin/repo: Permission denied

it did not say to mkdir repo, should I make that directory???

it sounds like you may have actually already downloaded the repo file but did it as root.

do you already have the directory for repo in the home folder? if you you may need to sudo rm ~/bin/repo then preform the curl command.

good luck

Reactions: tnayrbj

bryanb86

Jun 19, 2011
Maybe a dumb question but do we need a task manger on this? Or will android handle it. Btw thank you again Linux!

Sent from my SGH-I997 using XDA App

The Jack of Clubs

Jan 28, 2007
Houston
android never needs a task manager. backing out of apps typically closes them properly. things like games should have an exit option in their menu or something.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Some folks seem interested in how much progress is being made on a CM7 port for the Infuse, so here's a bit more information for everyone. I have included instructions on how to build your own version, but you will want to pay attention to the following list of what works and what doesn't.

Currently working:
    • Full EXT4 implementation using BML/STL not MTD. This means you can flash other ROMs without having to "unbrick". NOTE: This will be changing soon. We will switch to the standard way that CM7 on Samsung phones works, which is using MTD. This is so we can merge this into the SGS team and begin building nightlies.
    • CWM flashing (no rainbows in CWM)
    • GPS
    • Wifi
    • Accelerometer/Proximity and other sensors
    • Phone
    • SMS messaging
    • Camera, FFC, and flash
    • Haptic feedback and vibration
    • NO Rainbows using Froyo bootloaders.
    • Brightness control, including auto-brightness.
    • Wifi tethering
    • Hardware accelerated video playback and recording
    • Fixed issue with 4G speeds. Solved with some apns-conf.xml tweaks.
    • Incoming call ringtones.
    • Advanced camera settings, including face detection SEE:http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,7267
    • working backup/restore from CWM
    • OC/UV kernel with Interactive and Smartass governors and other tweaks.
    • USB storage fixed, including USB debug notification and USB tethering support (Thanks go to gtg465x)
    • Voodoo Sound now fixed after call. (thanks go to ajerman)
    • Bluetooth now back to semi-working state without breaking GPS. Will pair, A2DP audio skips, no sound/mic on phone calls via headsets.
    • NEW Fixed smartass governor so it scales properly, and has proper export defined in the kernel scheduler.

Currently broken:

Removed:
    • BLN (causing way too many instability and random reboot issues)

I have pretty much done this as a one man band, with some assistance from the GalaxyS guys, in particular codeworkx, Unhelpful and Kaik541.
    Want to help out? DONATE. This allows me to take the GF out to dinner so she isn't as pissy when I'm working on this stuff. ;-)

If you'd like to build your own copy, follow this guide:
    http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_S:_Compile_CyanogenMod_(Linux)
    Pay attention, because this matters.
    • In the "Install the Repository" section, use this line to download the repo script:
      Code:
      curl https://raw.github.com/TeamRefuse/android/gingerbread/repo > ~/bin/repo
    • In the "Install the Repository" section, use this line for the repo init:
      Code:
      repo init -u git://github.com/TeamRefuse/android.git -b gingerbread
    • Skip the "Copy proprietary files" section. All proprietary files you need are included.
    • In the "Configure Build & Compile" step, replace "galaxysmtd" with "infuse4g"
    When you are done building, you should have your very own version of CM7 with all the bugs that I mention above.

Still have issues? Completely new to linux and the like? Check out this guide courtesy of Skwerl23

Flashing from RED CWM
    When flashing from RED CWM, there are a few extra steps needed to get this working:
    1. Flash CM7 zip
    2. Reboot. You will get stuck at Samsung screen. This is normal.
    3. Pull battery, and reboot into recovery (Hold: VOL+ VOL- Power)
    4. You should now be in ORANGE CWM.
    5. Go to "mounts and storage"
    6. select format /system
    7. Reflash CM7 zip (NOTE: don't forget gapps as well)
    8. Reboot into CM7 goodness
    2011-09-29
    • Fixed up smartass governor so it actually works instead of falling back to interactive, and scales properly.

2011-09-26

2011-09-22
    Ok, for those that want it, here it is:

update-cm-7.1.0-Infuse4G-KANG-090211.zip - Link removed to prevent issues... PM me if you've downloaded and need help, so as to not clutter this thread.

If anyone has a problem with me posting this, let me know and I'll remove it. It works 100% though. Built yesterday. :)

EDIT: For first time CM flashers coming from Samsung ROM's, MAKE SURE TO DELETE YOUR CACHE (normal and dalvik) AND DO A FACTORY RESET/DATA WIPE! Flashing from Green/Red CWM you may have to do a quick battery pull like the OP said in his installation instructions...
    Easy. Dont run quadrant. Its useless anyway.

Sent from my SGH-I997 using XDA App
    Fixed Voodoo Sound issue after calls. You can download the updated kernel here: http://www.multiupload.com/IEDSKJ82H4

I'll push the changes to github in the morning, but I gotta go home now!

EDIT: I've had a few weird reboots since I flashed this kernel, but I can't imagine any of the code changed is causing it since its such a small change and related only to the audio states. It may just be my phone, or the OC/UV I just set today, so let me know if anyone flashes it and has any issues.

EDIT2: The weird issues were caused by smartass. Changed back to conservative and everything's good again.