[ROM] Deranged9-FishmanMod V1 - Bam, kick it up a notch (3/26/12)

Search This thread

fishman0919

Sep 18, 2009
Providence, RI
Deranged9 - FishmanMod

This is a my mod of Team Toxic's "Deranged 9" 2.2 Froyo

All the goodie from Team Toxic's "Deranged 9" with a few things from me.
Speed and tweaks from Bionix - FishmanMod

V1
Optimized framework and TwFramework
Optimized a boatload of system apps
Fixed some framework images
Fixed notification bar dropdown lag
Bluetooth and WiFi fixed
SOD fixed (Sleep of Death)

Alpha Update 1
Add LG G2x Launcher, Blue themed by Me
Replaced Samsung Alarm Clock with AOSP blue themed by Me... because I like it better.
Added Flaming Blue Skull boot animation
Blue themed Power Control Widget
Fixed Bluetooth... should be
Fixed WiFi... should be

Download

Deranged9 - FishmanMod v1 - LINK

Install Stuff... pretty standard.

Copy your downloaded rom to your SD card
Boot into clockwork recovery
Perform a factory reset, wipe data/cache
Select the rom zip file from your SD card and flash.
Clean Cache Partition
Wipe Dalvic Cache
Fix Permissions
Reboot.
Go through setup and get to the Desktop
Let it sit for 10 mins.... reboot
After reboot finishes, go into the app draw and open 'Ram Manager"
Allow SU, select "Balance", click "Non-killable Launcher" and then "CONFIRM"
Enjoy your D9

Screenshot

Same as the original D9... soon to come

Last edited:

iwillkillyou

Aug 13, 2010
I'm not liking what you're doing... What's next? You're version of axura?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-2

CravenSouls

Jan 17, 2012
Can't wait to put this on my wife's vibrant. She's run regular D9 before and fishmans should be extra smooth.

Sent from my Royale with Cheese via xda premium

Gunsmith_Cats

Apr 26, 2011
Fishman thanks for yet another mod :) this one runs incredibly smooth btw another great addition thanks again man:) I have to stop flashing and start enjoying these though:)

Sent from my SGH-T959 using xda premium

ytj87

Jul 16, 2009
Nice fish, thanks. Not sure I'll go back from ICS, but great to have the option.

Gunsmith_Cats

Apr 26, 2011
could I flash dark slate over this if I want to or will it mess up build? thanks :)

---------- Post added at 07:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 AM ----------

I'm not liking your negative attitude towards fish and his work, Sombionix really liked fish's bionix's builds, master will appreciate his axura build and i'm sure he asked first as far as JCC's revival I'm sure he would be honored to have his rom re-tweaked, this was one of the best froyo roms and had phenomenal battery life but it never had the smoothness of bionix(nothing did.) trigger was close if not right on the ball as was loki and zendroid, one of the reasons JCC left was because of all the harrasment about ETA's and all of that... lets not do this to another one of our "LAST" great developers for the vibrant... he does this just as a service for us, lets not irk him off. Thanks again Fish, I'm "LOVIN" this build, it's been on my vibe since you've released it, it has all the sexiness of BFrankenstein with the incredible battery life of D9 and smoothness of Bionix, This is the best build yet, congrats man, and look forward to your axura :)

Spoomah

Jan 19, 2011
Eugene
I second everything Gunsmith said. I love my Vibrant and I want FULL functionality, every ROM that I've flashed past 2.2 has been nothing but issues... So far Bionix (and it's variants) and Deranged ROMs have been the BEST all the way around! Thanks for all your work Fish! There are only a select few trolls that may not appreciate our work like the rest of us do!!!

Woody

Retired Admin - Vacationing in Nanda Parbat
Nov 18, 2010
Immersed in Dark Matter
I'm not liking your negative attitude towards fish and his work....//.....one of the reasons JCC left was because of all the harrasment about ETA's and all of that...

Gun, you've been around her long enough to know that iwillkillyou means no harm to FISH. He jokes around like that. I'm not coming to his defense but if I don't hewillkillme. His name says it all.

For the second part. That is not ENTIRELY true. Partially yes bc at the end he was getting hounded for the final by the same people over and over (you know who you are people), but being an extremely active member in that forum (and Toxic8), I know he left b/c he had some job problems, family issues with his bro and he got an SGSII (although now his sign says he is ricking a GNex). So, yes ETAs were probably pissing him off but he mainly left to support his family, as this is all a hobby and doesn't pay the bills.

But I agree with you, his work was of the finest caliber and is and will be my got-to 2.2 ROM of choice. Either T8, D9 or Fish's version.

His last post on XDA is from Jan 4 2012 in the D9 forum,
Haven't forgot about you guys.:) Job I recently acquired ended as fast as I got it. LOL:D So I've had to focus all my attention on the house. Just landed another one to start the New Year out on and appears to be long term. Thanks for everyone's patience. Cheers!:)

There are only a select few trolls that may not appreciate our work like the rest of us do!!!

Let's not throw the "T" word around. This forum has far fewer trolls that most and iwillkillyou isn't one. Jokester, yes but troll, nah....

Fish, keep on keepin' on.

Last edited:

Spoomah

Jan 19, 2011
Eugene
When someone posts a line of text with no kind of emote symbols or anything it is hard to not take the text as literal. I do not know iwillkillyou nor have I ever conversed with this user. If I am the only one on this forum that does not know his/her sense of humor then I apologize for the "troll" comment, however not knowing this user or having any experience with him/her the singular statement that was posted is, in fact (for lack of a better term) "troll-like" out of personal context. I appreciate all the work that Fish has put into this phone's ROMs and so I felt compelled (as Gunsmith did) to say something. That being said, I sincerely cannot wait for a final build from Fish on this one! Great work!

Reactions: Woody

iwillkillyou

Aug 13, 2010
Thank you for the support Woodrube. My comment earlier wasn't to aggravate any one of you. I simply made a post of what I saw.

This is what I saw. Some person taking the most stable roms the vibrant has to offer and tagging them with his name. I didn't like what he was doing so I had to say something. Sure I was ignorant, I give you that but not a troll.

After that post, I checked a few of his other tweaked roms, that's when I saw he did more than just add his name. So FishmanMod I apologize.

Gunsmith_Cats as for calling me a troll, haven't you learn calling out the troll doesn't work? So next time you think someone is trolling, ignore it and move on.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA

Reactions: BallOfHate

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Deranged9 - FishmanMod

This is a my mod of Team Toxic's "Deranged 9" 2.2 Froyo

All the goodie from Team Toxic's "Deranged 9" with a few things from me.
    Speed and tweaks from Bionix - FishmanMod

V1
    Optimized framework and TwFramework
    Optimized a boatload of system apps
    Fixed some framework images
    Fixed notification bar dropdown lag
    Bluetooth and WiFi fixed
    SOD fixed (Sleep of Death)

Alpha Update 1
    Add LG G2x Launcher, Blue themed by Me
    Replaced Samsung Alarm Clock with AOSP blue themed by Me... because I like it better.
    Added Flaming Blue Skull boot animation
    Blue themed Power Control Widget
    Fixed Bluetooth... should be
    Fixed WiFi... should be

Download

Deranged9 - FishmanMod v1 - LINK

Install Stuff... pretty standard.

Copy your downloaded rom to your SD card
    Boot into clockwork recovery
    Perform a factory reset, wipe data/cache
    Select the rom zip file from your SD card and flash.
    Clean Cache Partition
    Wipe Dalvic Cache
    Fix Permissions
    Reboot.
    Go through setup and get to the Desktop
    Let it sit for 10 mins.... reboot
    After reboot finishes, go into the app draw and open 'Ram Manager"
    Allow SU, select "Balance", click "Non-killable Launcher" and then "CONFIRM"
    Enjoy your D9

Screenshot

Same as the original D9... soon to come
    Man, I'm sorry. Totally dropped the ball on that. Got so tied up with things that I forgot the one thing I should have done first... ask permission.

My only real goal was to fix a few issue people were asking about.

No toe stepping was mean and I would completely understand if you would like me to Close the thread.

Again, I am very sorry!

Fishman

Heck naw Fish!! Lol! Keep it going Man..glad to see the vibrant dev community still rocking. You've always been respectful and supportive and that goes a long way with me. Keep up the good work my friend. Cheers!:)

Why yes it will be.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA
    could I flash dark slate over this if I want to or will it mess up build? thanks :)

---------- Post added at 07:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 AM ----------

I'm not liking your negative attitude towards fish and his work, Sombionix really liked fish's bionix's builds, master will appreciate his axura build and i'm sure he asked first as far as JCC's revival I'm sure he would be honored to have his rom re-tweaked, this was one of the best froyo roms and had phenomenal battery life but it never had the smoothness of bionix(nothing did.) trigger was close if not right on the ball as was loki and zendroid, one of the reasons JCC left was because of all the harrasment about ETA's and all of that... lets not do this to another one of our "LAST" great developers for the vibrant... he does this just as a service for us, lets not irk him off. Thanks again Fish, I'm "LOVIN" this build, it's been on my vibe since you've released it, it has all the sexiness of BFrankenstein with the incredible battery life of D9 and smoothness of Bionix, This is the best build yet, congrats man, and look forward to your axura :)