uploadfromtaptalk1363970648534.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 2,789
  • uploadfromtaptalk1363970658107.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1363970658107.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 2,357
Reactions: Waddle

dai_griff

Aug 23, 2008
Wow from the screnshot it looks like your usage was kind of like mine, but you got 20+ hours :/ I don't know why my battery is draining like this

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium

Why don't you do a factory reset and start again, must be running something that drains your battery that fast,,,,

yvibes

Mar 28, 2011
London
Why don't you do a factory reset and start again, must be running something that drains your battery that fast,,,,

Will have to I guess :/ can you tell me what apps you have installed? Which apps to you use the most? And have u got blinkfeed set up? Thanks

Chillz88

Mar 23, 2011
Wow from the screnshot it looks like your usage was kind of like mine, but you got 20+ hours :/ I don't know why my battery is draining like this

No it doesnt...
He must have switched the screen on after greater intervals l.. you might have switched it on frequently..
so you both can get the same screen om time even if he puts the phone in idle for a long time while you use it more heavily than him..
I hope it makea sense to you. . Thats why its better to post history and the screen on time. No one knows his batttery history..

P.s- and you dont seem to have much wakelocks..

Reactions: mpanju

yvibes

Mar 28, 2011
London
No it doesnt...
He must have switched the screen on after greater intervals l.. you might have switched it on frequently..
so you both can get the same screen om time even if he puts the phone in idle for a long time while you use it more heavily than him..
I hope it makea sense to you. . Thats why its better to post history and the screen on time. No one knows his batttery history..

P.s- and you dont seem to have much wakelocks..

Doh!! Haha don't know how I didn't realise that :/ yeah I know exactly what you mean. Well I'm doing a factory reset as for some reason I seem to be losing 1% every 5mins the screen is on. This is all on the lowest brightness, nothing syncing and by just scrolling through homepages. So something MUST be wrong

Chillz88

Mar 23, 2011
Doh!! Haha don't know how I didn't realise that :/ yeah I know exactly what you mean. Well I'm doing a factory reset as for some reason I seem to be losing 1% every 5mins the screen is on. This is all on the lowest brightness, nothing syncing and by just scrolling through homepages. So something MUST be wrong

Maybe.. or maybe its just your feeling.. you and daigriff have almost the same battery stats..

He had lesser screen on time..some minutes... Cos they must have been wasted as wakelocks on idle mode.. as his idle time is more than yours:)

yvibes

Mar 28, 2011
London
Maybe.. or maybe its just your feeling.. you and daigriff have almost the same battery stats..

He had lesser screen on time..some minutes... Cos they must have been wasted as wakelocks on idle mode.. as his idle time is more than yours:)

It's definitely happening. I started monitoring it, was on 55% literally couple mins later down to 49 by doing absolutely nothing on the phone lol

dai_griff

Aug 23, 2008
Will have to I guess :/ can you tell me what apps you have installed? Which apps to you use the most? And have u got blinkfeed set up? Thanks

Have nearly everything set up on Blinkfeed, use the powersave function really at the end of each cycle of charge..... after that, use widgets for Google Current, Flipboard, fantasy football, tunein and also use the Nexus Live Wallpaper......thats it....

Do a factory re-set and see if your getting the same battery drain.....

yvibes

Mar 28, 2011
London
Have nearly everything set up on Blinkfeed, use the powersave function really at the end of each cycle of charge..... after that, use widgets for Google Current, Flipboard, fantasy football, tunein and also use the Nexus Live Wallpaper......thats it....

Do a factory re-set and see if your getting the same battery drain.....

Just done a factory reset, you defo had more stuff running than me. I had a normal wallpaper, I had just 1 homescreen (2 if you count blinkfeed) with a calender & music widget + some toggles. I will report later to see if the drain is fixed after factory reset.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

yvibes

Mar 28, 2011
London
I have factory reset my phone, and still have drain which at first I was thinking I may have a faulty battery but then this bugger seemed to be the cause of the drain even after a factory reset. Anyone know about this? Really annoying me now. I searched Google and this seems to be an issue on many other android phones. I can only get about 9hours of use our of the battery...I'm at 15% battery after only 9hours of use at the moment, with just about 4 hours of screen on time.

Edit: won't let me upload the screenshot at the moment but I'm talking about 'wakelock mediaserver' having more than 800wakelocks and having my phone on for more than an 1hour and 30mins in total

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

puremind

Feb 24, 2008
Frankfurt
Those GSMarena results are pretty surprising......amazing if it is true though. That web browsing is especially eye catching.

I have ranked the gsmarena results for you:
attachment.php

Also, because the tested unit had 650cd/m², I have projected how the results would be for the 385cd/m² version of the screen, since it has appeared there are different display types in the HTC One.

The rationale for the battery life increment comes from comparing battery performance at 200cd/m² vs. full brightness in a German review. It gave an idea of the ratio "battery gain to brightness decrease" and I applied that ratio to simulate the battery gain in the dimmer device (mainly for video and browsing, as they use screen most).

Note that the results for video playing should be taken with a grain of salt, as it appears the HTC One bridles brightness during video playback in an attempt to preserve battery, so even though battery is great, the video experience may not be the best. Some reviews have pointed this out and I am awaiting clarification from some review sites.

Last edited:

Hunt3r.j2

Jun 6, 2011
I have factory reset my phone, and still have drain which at first I was thinking I may have a faulty battery but then this bugger seemed to be the cause of the drain even after a factory reset. Anyone know about this? Really annoying me now. I searched Google and this seems to be an issue on many other android phones. I can only get about 9hours of use our of the battery...I'm at 15% battery after only 9hours of use at the moment, with just about 4 hours of screen on time.

Edit: won't let me upload the screenshot at the moment but I'm talking about 'wakelock mediaserver' having more than 800wakelocks and having my phone on for more than an 1hour and 30mins in total

Something is breaking the mediaserver. Pull off all the data you want to keep from the sdcard on to a computer, wipe the sdcard, put everything back on.

Reactions: yvibes

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Now some of us have had the phone for a few days or in the case of our German friends, a week, can we start to collaborate some stats together about the battery usage?

Post in here screen shots of your (Epic) Battery stats, or not so epic as the case may be, screen on time, hints and tips on improving daily usage, what Rom you are using if Rooted etc.

Here is a current shot of mine, charged to 98%, then data etc turned off about 1am, phone left switched on, then data, wifi etc turned back on this morning. Currently 1 hr 15 mins screen on and 67% battery left after 18hrs.
    Now some of us have had the phone for a few days or in the case of our German friends, a week, can we start to collaborate some stats together about the battery usage?

Post in here screen shots of your (Epic) Battery stats, or not so epic as the case may be, screen on time, hints and tips on improving daily usage, what Rom you are using if Rooted etc.

Here is a current shot of mine, charged to 98%, then data etc turned off about 1am, phone left switched on, then data, wifi etc turned back on this morning. Currently 1 hr 15 mins screen on and 67% battery left after 18hrs.
    should have left everything switched on!

im not someone who feels they should have to turns bits and pieces on and off in order to make my phone last the day.

if it lasts a good long day with decent usage throughout, thats good enough for me!
    Stop worrying about battery life and you guys will suddenly realise it was never worth installing all those mods/kernels. They all offer very little and always have to compromise other stuff to gain something. This phone has decent battery life infact better then most phones.

Indeed Play Store download doesn't work anymore. How did you fix that? What you mean by "re-sync" and which are the consequences?

remove google account in accounts submenu in the settings and then re-add it, there are no consequences.

~dumbo.