[Recovery] TWRP 3.1.1-x for T31x

Search This thread

caquiltro

Jun 23, 2010
Great, "Odin_v3.07" worked flawlessly with "T315.TWRP.3.1.1-0.tar.md5" on my old SM-T315.
Sadly, the battery is disgrace by now.

Reactions: pmduper

breversa

Mar 21, 2012
LG G4
Fairphone 2
I'm pretty sure the battery can be easily replaced. Some even say (hi, Jack Wallen !) they can pry open the case with their (super-strong) fingernails. :)

gldev

May 31, 2020
The TWRP custom recovery does not seem to support my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 SM-T311.

On the official twrp.me website there is only support for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0, which unlike mine has a 7 " screen and not an 8" screen, but I don't know if this is also compatible with my device.

Can I try or does the TWRP version have to be specific to my device ?

gldev

May 31, 2020
If by installing a custom recovery like TWRP the device no longer boots, can I solve it by reinstalling the original recovery by downloading it from firmware.mobi or similar website ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have compiled from source TWRP for use with the T310, T311, and T315.

You can view TWRP source changes/updates HERE.

After installing, it will ask you upon leaving TWRP if you want to install TWRP app. Just select "Do Not Install" and uncheck the options and it shouldn't ask anymore.

Click HERE for the latest version.

OTG storage also works and can be used for "backing up to" and "flashing from".

Please report any bugs here in this thread. Be sure to include which device you have.

Please take a moment to say thanks and/or donate to @ketut.kumajaya for providing us with a working source tree for CM which I used to compile this recovery.

Credits go to:
    @ketut.kumajaya for CM source tree for our devices
    and of course the Team Win group

Supplied in 2 formats:
    • Odin flashable tar.md5 (for first time installation)
    • .img file (for those who use already have a version of TWRP installed or those who use Flashify or other direct methods).

Instructions for ODIN: (use the one with "tar" in the name)
    1. Download ODIN on your computer.
    2. Power off the device.
    3. Restart in "Download Mode" by holding the "HOME" button, "Volume Down" and "Power" all at the same time (for about 5 seconds).
    4. Hit the "Volume Up" to enter download mode.
    5. Start the ODIN exe program. See notes about ODIN below. I recommend that you un-check auto-reboot.
    6. Connect the device via USB to your computer. Verify the device shows as "Added" in the Message box. If it doesn't show then you need the Samsung USB drivers (just install KIES to get them).
    7. Select "PDA" then choose the recovery file you want to flash. (Extracted from downloaded .zip.)
    8. Hit "START"
    9. Wait for device to restart. Skip this step if you unchecked auto reboot in Odin.
    10. Restart to recovery mode to verify it works (Hold POWER, Volume UP, and the HOME button all at the same time. When you see the Samsung Logo, let go of the POWER button, but keep holding the Volume UP and HOME until you see the recovery screen).

After installing, it will ask you upon leaving TWRP if you want to install TWRP app. Just select "Do Not Install" and uncheck the options and it shouldn't ask anymore.

Notes about ODIN
    --Make sure that "Re-Partition" is NOT checked.
    --Auto Reboot can be un-checked if TWRP doesn't flash correctly on your device. Some have reported that un-checking Auto Reboot fixes this issue. If you un-check Auto Reboot, you will need to reboot the device yourself (refer back to step 10).

Instructions for flashing the .img:
    1. Boot into your previously installed TWRP recovery.
    2. Select the Install option.
    3. Select "Install Image"; then select the .img file.
    4. Choose "recovery" option.
    5. Flash.
    6. Reboot recovery.
    7. Enjoy your new recovery.

Flash at own risk!!!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    DOWNLOADS

Click HERE for the latest version.

3splash.png
    3.0.png
    Updated to 3.1.1-0 on Jun 2, 2017
    All versions updated to 2.8.3.0

Device Specific changes:
    Fixed brightness slider

Supplied in 3 formats:

• Odin flashable tar.md5 (for first time installation)
    • Recovery flashable zip (requires a custom recovery to currently be installed)
    • .img file (for those who use Flashify or other direct methods).
    Updated to 3.1.0-0 on Mar 12, 2017
    Ok, good news!!!! :)

TWRP 3.0.0-1 is now available and the slow flashing issue has been fixed!!!!
    :good:

Had to build in android 5.1 sources, but everything now works quickly, as it should. (yes, you can still flash Marshmallow based roms)