[Q] Rooting, Tripping Knox, and Download Booster

Search This thread

jimm1184

Feb 14, 2014
Beantown Forever
Hi all was hoping someone could help me, just got my Sprint S5 not too long ago I had an s3 before that I rooted but I was wondering the easiest way to root the s5 without tripping knox security and if in doing so will I also be able to access download booster....I'm really new to all this and when I rooted my s3 never flashed kernels or anything just used the quick root but I'm really interested in trying to learn as much as I can so if anyone can give me any advice it would be much appreciated and thank you in advance..and I picked the icon that most resembles my situation cause I'm a lil confused don't know what direction I'm going in lol....

CCallahan

Oct 20, 2010
Rock Chalk
Hi all was hoping someone could help me, just got my Sprint S5 not too long ago I had an s3 before that I rooted but I was wondering the easiest way to root the s5 without tripping knox security and if in doing so will I also be able to access download booster....I'm really new to all this and when I rooted my s3 never flashed kernels or anything just used the quick root but I'm really interested in trying to learn as much as I can so if anyone can give me any advice it would be much appreciated and thank you in advance..and I picked the icon that most resembles my situation cause I'm a lil confused don't know what direction I'm going in lol....

As far as I know there is no way to root and not trip knox. Sprint version does not have download booster enabled so have to root in order to flash the mod to enable.

See the post HERE and also check the link at the bottom of the post for a list of available mods (incl. download booster)

Reactions: jimm1184

tammyjustin

Feb 16, 2010
Im rooted, I havent flashed a rom yet...do I need to be on a custom rom to flash the download booster?

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Free mobile app

tammyjustin

Feb 16, 2010
thanks, jyst want to make sure....thread made it seem u had to be on a custom rom, thanks

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

2.1 stock odex?...just making sure

tammyjustin

Feb 16, 2010

Attachments

• 1402330552859.jpg
    1402330552859.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 211

photonsnake

Jan 19, 2012
Custom Rom and Download Booster for Sprint GS5

I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to get a fully functional Custom Rom for my Sprint GS5 and a download booster mod? Thank you.

jdsingle76

Jan 19, 2013
Thank you for the info, but I did not see the download booster listed on the ROM info. As long as the camera, sms, data, and phone calls work I'm good. But, I would really like to have the download booster as well.

It's in the title DLBoost

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

As far as I know there is no way to root and not trip knox. Sprint version does not have download booster enabled so have to root in order to flash the mod to enable.

See the post HERE and also check the link at the bottom of the post for a list of available mods (incl. download booster)
    Im rooted, I havent flashed a rom yet...do I need to be on a custom rom to flash the download booster?

Shouldn't need to be. Just make sure you flash the older odexed version.

I think try the 2.1 odexed stock version. Just keep in mind that flashing this mod can break things such as hotspot mod, etc. Might read through that thread to see what issues others have run into.