[ROM] Pays-ROM Froyo Sense v2.2 A2SD+ [UPDATED] [07/OCT/10]

Search This thread

PaY87

Nov 25, 2006
Answers, answers, answers

Okay first of all thanks for all the feedback :)
But please don't forget, that froyo roms are testing only..!

Pays? Where r u to answer our questions?

Great ROM otherwise for me!!

I'm here and a little bit busy atm, but I will be there - always! :D

I really liked the rom but i had to flash another one cause my phone was running hot as hell!
shame, hope this will be fixed soon

Well this was one point I tried to avoid and after doing a lot of testing my phone didn't get much hotter than with 2.1 builds.

I am currently running this rom and I am quite pleased with it, but it has a minor bug: when I launch the camera and set it to video, more precisely to 720p video recording, the camera app gets frozen (not always but most of the times) and when trying to watch recorded movies the sound is working but the video is still.

Please use the latest radio.
(see 1st post)

tried doing that. but still the same probs arises again and now even more probs like phone hanging in video capture, now more apps not able to install!! installed mixzing player, sometimes its widgets shows and sometimes it doesnt even shows in the add widget list???!!!

there is no doubt some serious probs with this rom. Pays... please man do something. We are dieing here for your stable and super awesome froyo rom.

did everything... but still the same probs :(

Pays ROM broke my heart this time :(

Please don't cry :)
I think your wipe wasn't successful or the radio you flashed is not the right one.
Of course this ROM is not as perfect as 2.1 ROMs I never claimed that, but for a Froyo Sense build it should do all the work very well (except of some app installation problems which will be fixed in future froyo development).

I really tried to cook a stable rom so that you all don't have reboots like I saw in some other cases. Reboots are the worst for me as phone user, to see my mobile always locked when taking it out of the pocket and to enter the pin a dozen times a day. ;)

Hello !!

No probs with this Rom and Camera.

Can you make Froyo Standart Lockscreen and rest Sense ?

Sorry for my bad english

Greetz

The lockscreen will be there in future froyo sparta releases :)
You can also check the pure froyo release if you don't need sense:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=727544

I love Pays Roms but I'm not convinced that Froyo is ready for a daily driver yet. There are too many basic problems for me - I think we need to wait for the official release before a lot of these issues will get ironed out. :)

Biggest one for me is not being able to install apps from the market. I get it with most Froyo roms - downloads fine and then just 'installation unsuccessful' I'm staying with Pays BS 2.3 until a better base is released. ;)

Yes e.g. Google Skymap is one of these apps.
The only way is to put these files into the data/app folder in the zip and resign the zip. So that it will be flashed onto the phone.
In future development this problem will be fixed, but at this early point it is not easy to fix (yet). But most of the apps should install fine..!

Been using this Rom since it released.have no single issue so far.

-I installed the HTC IME for keyboard.
-i can install all the apps from market.
-install WiFi lock from market to control on the WiFi sleep/awake.
-no problem on video recording/plying even on 720p mode.
-app2sd+ works perfectly.I have around 50mb left after installing 130+ apps.
-internet speed is fast.I can watch all the match from footytube.com(meaning flash is working perfectly).
-livewallpaper working fine.
-battery can last me for a day for medium usage.
-led working as well.I can have custom led color using handcent(blue,amber,pink & green)
-all the fb contact picture synced.
-launcher pro and lockbot pro run smoothly .
-installed the super circle battery and it works perfectly.

I don have any issue stated above.all I did is partition my SD.change the ext 2 to ext 3.wipe everything(besides format SD card).install the Rom & install the app2sd+.then restore all the apps from mybackup pro and that s all.

Many thanks for the great Rom.

This is how it should be when wipe, radio and flash went well!

I have to report two bugs so far:

-No spare parts preinstalled for me..:S
-No abdlock preinstalled as well..WEIRD!

Adblock is not a app in this case, its integrated into the system.
Wipe and then flash. Sparepart is working fine then.

Thats normal, i missed it, too.
Just install htc ime and everything is fine ;-)

If you really like that HTC thing I can include it, love the default one got used to it :D

I did set all apps install to external..
but when I downloaded Facebook for Android from market..
it said install unsuccessful..

I didn't try to install facebook from the market but if its one of the apps who cannot be installed from the market I will include it in order to use it with sense, too. Please confirm.

Once again pays, fantastic job! 1330 on quadrant :D I am very impressed with the speed. Restored the usual apps (so about 40-50) and it still moves quicker than I do :p

Will you post the removed apps as a zip file? Pretty please? :)

Which apps do you miss? :)

Awesome stuff Pays i will flash it tomorrow. You are definitely the best cook for the Desire. So would you say it contains the same apps etc. as your 2.1 ROMs? and it is basically BraveSoul with 2.2?

Thank you very much! But ROMs are always the effort of many different people. Beginning from Paul who rooted our baby!

It is Bravesoul with most of the sense apps, I will remove them when all is very stable and provide a extra package. Also some apps cannot be installed from the market since this is a froyo problem on our Desires. The rest is fine and you can give it a try.

Pay
could you please deodex your ROM :)
So we can use espresso MOD on it.

It will be deodex in future!

same prob for me too. when we long press a contact in people, there is no option to send sms.

more probs here and there, like, unable to load keyboards through spareparts. though it has installed but not able to activate one.

i guess this time Pays ROM has been a work in hurry :eek:

This is one I don't get, I went nearly everywhere and when I hold on a contact there is always the possibility to send a sms?
Which app do you mean, the default contact app? Its working there I can give you a screenshot to prove! :D

At the moment I'm running "Pays Sparta 1.3" Eclair-Rom and I'm using that Roms apps2sd.

I'm asking if it is possible to wipe everything (without the SD of course), flash the Radio as adviced and flash Pays Froyo-Rom, without "loosing" my apps?
So that I don't have to reinstall and re-configure them? :eek:

Thank you very much :)

PS: Pay! Keep up the great work...
Where in Germany do you come from? I'd really like to buy you a cold beer :D

Do a nandroid backup and when all went wrong just restore.

I come from Giessen near Frankfurt.
Yes and I always enjoy our good cold beer here xD

More to come - soon!

c1re

May 19, 2010
Hong Kong

I didn't try to install facebook from the market but if its one of the apps who cannot be installed from the market I will include it in order to use it with sense, too. Please confirm.

More to come - soon!

Pay, you are the man!

Ok , after a several tests, I find that there is a problem with the sparepart

We could only install apps from market by setting the sparepart -> App2SD -> Internal.

and the apps will be installed to the app2sd+ with this setting.

If we change the setting to App2sd -> External,

Most of the Apps from Market will result in Installation Unsuccessfully.

Secondly, I find the battery life of this rom running out too fast.
I had used your BS 2.1 rom, Leedroid 2.2 Rom and Defrost 2.x rom and I find this one is the fastest one to run out of battery. or May be it is just my perception?

any, a very good rom so far and I think I will stick with your rom for a moment :)

GamerOfFreedom

Dec 19, 2008
Odense C
Thank you very much! But ROMs are always the effort of many different people. Beginning from Paul who rooted our baby!

It is Bravesoul with most of the sense apps, I will remove them when all is very stable and provide a extra package. Also some apps cannot be installed from the market since this is a froyo problem on our Desires. The rest is fine and you can give it a try.

and I have, Flash is awesome, nice and stable all is perfect

commander_HTC

Jun 16, 2010
i can't send a message with normal method, there is not the contact icon at the top-right corner.
must enter phone number by hand :(
that's funny

cr1960

May 15, 2007
Melbourne

Great ROM PaY! Thanks.

It would be great if you could create an add-on zip (like for your 2.1 ROMS) that contain Teeter and Quickoffice. Use my phone for work so Quickoffice is good for reading email attachments, and playing Teeter when you've had a few beers is fun!

Drefsab

May 18, 2010
does this have the same colourized notifications icons for things like gmail and wireless that your 2.1 bravesoul rom had?

scopes64

Feb 25, 2006
For those having problems installing apps from market and getting install failed. From what I have read, this seems to be a problem with apps that have been updated ready for Froyo "Apps to SD" and the resulting conflict with legacy A2SD on most of our roms.

The easiest work around is to install these apps to your phone memory and this can be achieved by unmounting your SD (settings / SD & Phone settings / Unmount SD card), install the apps you want from the market and then remounting the SD afterwards.

The resulting install will be to your phones memory but at least the app will install and all we need to do is either wait for a fix in Froyo or a modified A2SD implementation that caters for this situation.

Scann69

2nd Gmail account not pushing emails

Ok...so i've set up everything and all is working fine except for Gmail.

My default Gmail account (1st account) is working fine. When there is a new email, that email is pushed to my device. It's suppose to be like that :)

The problem is, my second & third Gmail account is not getting this push function. Can somebody please confirm this issue and is there a work around? I need emails to be pushed to my device for all my Gmail account.

Appreciate some feedback.

zeebee

Aug 29, 2009
Did a full wipe before and latest radio update before installing. ROM works very well so far, with this issues for me:
- Handcent no LED signal (doesnt matter which color)
- Gmail no LED signal

(missed call and charging led are working fine though)

Regards,
zeebee

shoonari

Apr 7, 2006
found some minor bug: cant delete SMS via widget(have to open application and do it there).

and tired of annoying notifications from "superuser" about "granted autorisation" in ES file expl., titanium backup, etc... :)

btw, i didnt find "hosts" in /system/etc - should it be there?

GANJDROID

May 2, 2010
Norwich
Ok...so i've set up everything and all is working fine except for Gmail.

My default Gmail account (1st account) is working fine. When there is a new email, that email is pushed to my device. It's suppose to be like that :)

The problem is, my second & third Gmail account is not getting this push function. Can somebody please confirm this issue and is there a work around? I need emails to be pushed to my device for all my Gmail account.

Appreciate some feedback.

Also having the same problem with my 2nd GMail account. It's my main one and its pretty irritating that it doesn't sync properly.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

brokenworm

Jan 25, 2009
marsdroid.me
Can you provide RED AND BLUE STUFF for this ? under clocking is a must have for me 1268 TOOOO much

This rom is a building stone.. everything works... pay u rock..
Im comixaos and wormie .. thessalonian and the 1 and only dev at google 'MarsDroid' .. my corp is bongheads inc .. eve-online forever

Sent from my MarsDroid Desire FroYo "pays froyo" using XDA App

thanito

Jul 10, 2008

Well this was one point I tried to avoid and after doing a lot of testing my phone didn't get much hotter than with 2.1 builds.

Adblock is not a app in this case, its integrated into the system.
Wipe and then flash. Sparepart is working fine then.
!

Your rom was really the only one with no problems, but working at 36-38C when idle and 38-over 40C when browsing was an issue for me..

I know that adblock is not an app, but there were ads everywere,thats why i told you it doesnt work..
As for spareparts, it wasnt showing in app drawer, but i found it in the rom zip and installed the apk normally.

So maybe there is an issue with clockwork recovery 2.5.0.1 that i use?im full wiping every single time, but always having issues, maybe it doesnt work so great after all? Im suspicious about how good is clockwork's dalvik cache wipe and sd ext wipe.

Scann69

Your rom was really the only one with no problems, but working at 36-38C when idle and 38-over 40C when browsing was an issue for me..

I know that adblock is not an app, but there were ads everywere,thats why i told you it doesnt work..
As for spareparts, it wasnt showing in app drawer, but i found it in the rom zip and installed the apk normally.

So maybe there is an issue with clockwork recovery 2.5.0.1 that i use?im full wiping every single time, but always having issues, maybe it doesnt work so great after all? Im suspicious about how good is clockwork's dalvik cache wipe and sd ext wipe.

Care to post the adblock app??

I use AMDesireRecovery for the wiping and partitioning of SD Card. Works great :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a froyo with sense ROM based on the official HTC 2.2 release!
    I added my framework and included a lot of modifications you will find on XDA dev.
    All optimized to improve the performance of your Desire!

android-froyo0ho9.jpg

What you get:
    -Android 2.2 Froyo based on 2.09.x.x (FRF91)
    -Superuser access (ROOT)
    -New colorfull icons and smileys
    -Adblocking hosts preinstalled
    -Click-drag Rosie mod
    -SpareParts
    -Busybox (supports Droid Explorer)
    -HTC Clock
    -Sense widgets - Battery / Coin Flip / Dice / Fortune Cookie / Note / Quick Recorder / Sand Timer / Tip Calculator / Today In History
    -Google phone/contacs (skin by mythamp)
    -Adobe Flash
    -OpenVPN
    -Locales Mod added
    -WLAN N
    -Full De-odexed
    -Video Capture, 720p & 480p
    -Added EStrong File Manager
    -Flashlight (use your Desire LED as torch)
    -Super Circle Battery by Fightspit (As addon package with new icons)
    -Apps2SD+ you need a second partition (ext).
    -HTC Bootscreen but without the terrible sound (in /data/local)
    -Genie Widget
    -Google Apps
    -Google Mail 2.3
    -AdFree modified for Desire
    -Jbed Java (as addon package)
    -Some sounds of my magic time
    -YouTube
    -HTC Sense (including Peep, RSS, Weather, etc)
    -PDF Viewer
    -HTC Car Panel
    -Wifi Tether
    -Trackpad Awake
    -Espresso Mod (HTC Lockscreen as addon package available)
    -And what I forgot :)

Removed:
    -Stocks
    -QuickOffice
    -Facebook app but not widget support
    -'Learn More' icon
    -Voice Search removed (a new version is in the market)
    -And again what I forgot :)

If you want the removed apps back install the addon packages ;)

Changelog/History

Changes in v2.2:
    Code:
    -Updated to Gmail 2.3
    -Superuser updated
    -Updated Java addon package
    -Reboot menu by Sng
    -Updated "removed apps" addon package
    -Updated "Default Lockscreen/Remove Espresso" addon package
    -CFQ IO Scheduler Module added
    -New governor settings (245000 to 998400 and 245Mhz when display off)
    -Included and updated the battery mod package with % in battery and smooth animations
    -EStrong File Manager updated
    -Radio download updated
    -Added CIFS protocol
    -Updated RIL
    -A2SD corruption fix
    -... :-)

Changes in v2.0:
    Code:
    -Vibrate on shutdown disabled
    -Wifi stays enabled in sleep
    -Gmail 2.2.1 added
    -Voice Search removed because a new version is in the market
    -A lot HTC Sense widgets added
    -Superuser 2.3.1 (by chainsDD)
    -OpenVPN modules updated + added OpenVPN app
    -Maps included/updated
    -Additional locales added
    -Added a Java addon package
    -Added a removed apps addon package
    -Added a "Default Lockscreen/Remove Espresso" addon package
    -Added a battery mod package with % in battery and smooth animations (like in screenshot)
    -Default battery is a Android now 
    -Full De-odexed
    -EStrong File Manager updated
    -'Learn More' icon removed
    -Radio download updated
    -And more.. :-)

Changes in v1.9:
    Code:
    -Espresso mod added
    -New battery icons
    -Performance tweaks
    -APN updated
    -Minor fixes

Changes in v1.8:
    Code:
    -Wifi Tether fixed
    -New smileys
    -Framwork update
    -Overall cleanup and fixes
    -Stock keyboard removed

Changes in v1.51:
    Code:
    -Based on official HTC 2.2 release
    -Super circle added
    -Updated EStrong File Manager
    -Updated stock contact app with new skin
    -A lot of other improvements

Changes in v1.3:
    Code:
    -Framwork updated
    -Added google phone/contacs (skin by mythamp)
    -r6 based rom
    -Edited the colour of the lockscreen (see screenshots)
    -New small bootscreen
    -Added/removed some system files (cleanup)

Changes in v1.2:
    Code:
    -HTC Lockscreen because the default one made to much troubles
    -Removed apps addon added
    -Java addon added

Changes in v1.1:
    Code:
    -Default Google SMS/MMS app replaced with HTC one to solve sms related problems
    -FM Radio widget fixed
    -Teeter included (user request, will be optional in future)
    -Adblock app included to let you update the host files.
    -Trackpad Awake added
    -A2SD app install issues should be fixed now
    -Added the default (vanilla) lockscreen because it rules
    -Added DeskClock app to set the alarm since HTC Clock is not compatible with the default lockscreen

Changes in v1.0:
    Code:
    -First release

Before installing:
    -You need ROOT access to flash this ROM.

-You need a 5.xx.xx.xx radio

-Put your Desire in Recovery Mode

-Fully wipe Data and Cache / wipe Dalvik-cache / wipe SD:ext / wipe battery / wipe rotation

-Flash latest ROM from SD Card and if you like it buy me a cold beer :D

Click me for a bigger screenshot:
    paysrom-froyo-sense.jpg

Download ROM:
    Pays-Desire-Froyo-Sense_v2.2.zip

md5: FF8CD01282098314A24E253169F81FBA
    sha1: A52C45081CD6BE0D1AECCE45497C928FEABFD204

Addon Packages:

apps2xfdl.png

Removed apps:
    -Stocks + Stocks widgets
    -QuickOffice
    pays-removed-apps-v2.2.zip

Java:
    pays-java-v2.2.zip

Default Lockscreen/Remove Espresso:
    pays-remove-espresso-v2.2.zip

Enjoy!! :cool:
    There's no way my phone would survive more than 15 hours, like almost a work day.. what's wrong? I've wiped battery stats etc!

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App
    the battery life is super!!! 48 hours!!!
    Thank you for the response :). In the end I did things very differently.

1: I did not want to risk changing recovery option. Not to sure on how to do it so I persevered. Funny thin though when I apply the clockwork update.zip it tells me that this process cannot be undone and flashes clockwork to 2.5.0.7 yet when I reboot the phone it goes back to version 2.5.0.1 :confused:.

2: Dont own either app and dont have money to buy the apps right now so I needed a cheaper (free) solution which I found :). More on this later.

3: Does not work, even deleting the update zip and leaving my nandroids in place still gets me no where.

How I fixed my partition problem was download the gparted live cd, boot off of that and partition the new SD card that way. I did fail a couple of times until Google pointed me in the direction that the FAT32 partition goes first then the EXT partition once it was done this way it worked first time. Then I saw Pays release regarding his HD ROM and saw I needed to update EXT to 1GB and I used gparted to do that as well :).

Thanks for your reply, really do appreciate it :).
    no problem.

OH, and btw, unrevoked can change your recovery to amon-ra, you just set a custom recovery :)