Splashtop THD Available now!

Search This thread

Andreas527

Dec 29, 2011
I still do not understand why you have your integrated Intel graphics enabled when you have a dedicated video card. Did you build this PC yourself and setup all the hardware in OS or did it come this way? You are only going to be using one graphics device at any one time unless you constantly move your video output cable be it HDMI or dvi around on the back of your PC...lol

Don't make fun of me. If you can't help don't answer.

The laptop comes this way.. I don't know any manufacturer that allows you to build your own laptop, notebook. Do You?
It have the Optimus that works that if you run simple tasks it runs in the Intel graphics and when you start a game it automatic switch to the Nvidia card.
Have tried to shout off the Intel HD but the screen goes black

What I understand is that Splashtop work best with a Nvidia card.. So I would like to know how I can forced my computer to use the Nvidia card when Splashtop starts running,

On second thought don't bother to answer or try helping me out..

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium HD app

rand4ll

Jan 16, 2011

The laptop comes this way.. I don't know any manufacturer that allows you to build your own laptop, notebook. Do You?
It have the Optimus that works that if you run simple tasks it runs in the Intel graphics and when you start a game it automatic switch to the Nvidia card.

What I understand is that Splashtop work best with a Nvidia card.. So I would like to know how I can forced my computer to use the Nvidia card when Splashtop starts running,

OK, there is an easy way to fix this.

And I didn't make any fun, they are legitimate questions and was unaware you had a laptop as you either never stated that fact or I missed it.

I won't bother letting you know my credentials for backing up how I would help, though I'm sure someone else here easily can.

Sorry to damage your sensibility.

halloumi3

Jul 6, 2010
To be fair, he stated he had a laptop, as I pointed out earlier. Not to mention that he listed his hardware which consisted of laptop parts.

Coderedpl

1. There are companies that let you customize the laptop hardware (ie: dell & hp), there are also companies that sell customized laptops i believe

2. I think there might be a setting in the nvidia control panel.
Right click on desktop -> Nvidia Control Panel -> Under 3D settings -> Manage 3d Settings -> then you might see the option to select nvidia card. You can also make it program specific i believe

Andreas527

Dec 29, 2011
1. There are companies that let you customize the laptop hardware (ie: dell & hp), there are also companies that sell customized laptops i believe

2. I think there might be a setting in the nvidia control panel.
Right click on desktop -> Nvidia Control Panel -> Under 3D settings -> Manage 3d Settings -> then you might see the option to select nvidia card. You can also make it program specific i believe

Yes you are right about the settings menu.. Have been looking around there and have chosen to use the Nvidia card for Splashtop and always/all programs but it don't seems to go active when starting or connect to Splashtop.

Maybe I over looking things or how I should say and Splashtop and my computer works like it should?
and my bad English doesn't directly helps when trying to explain.

- Computer is on = Intel HD
- Starting Splashtop streamer on computer = Intel HD still runs
- Starting THD on Prime and connect it to my Computer = Intel HD still runs.
- Starting a game that i get to run in windowed mode = Nvidia graphics kicks in and run.
- Ending game = Back to Intel HD

In windows device manager i can inactive the Intel HD, and If I do so my computer screen goes black, and It indicate that it runs on Nvidia card and Splashtop still works on Prime so i can use Prime to activate Intel HD again so I get the computer screen going again.

Am i Asking for to much if i want it to run on Nvidia card when i just browsing or typing and not playing games?

And are there any way to make all games on the computer to open I windowed mode so it can be played using Splashtop?

@rand4ll
Sorry for overreacting and that I maybe read,understood what you wrote the wrong way.

Last edited:

OstiasMoscas

Mar 3, 2012
Bergen
Bought the app. Works well. But there are some drawbacks? Or is this my lack of knowledge about the right settings/constraints?

I want to play Battlefield 3 via this app. Is this possible? Tried to play but the Origin app needed to start BF3 does not show on the screen when i open it?

Yes it's possible. I've played some BF3 single player on it, but it was pretty laggy and the controls weren't exactly great, granted I used my x360 controller and not KB/M. I had no problems with opening Origin. Have you tried opening origin on your PC before you connect your Prime?

I agree with you though, it's an okay app, but not at all perfect.

I wrote a short review for a site where I posted some screens with my Prime running BF3:

2012-03-04121839-1.jpg

2012-03-04122209-1.jpg

On the other hand, Mass Effect 3 works pretty well. It even works with the X360 controller, which is kinda funny cos the game only supports KB/M :p

That being said I really hope they find a way to make the streaming more efficient somehow, to improve FPS while gaming.
I get over 60 fps while playing BF3 on my PC, but only about 15fps while playing it on my Prime. With Mass Effect 3 and Skyrim I get a somewhat better result on my Prime. I suspect it's because they aren't too graphically intensive when compared to BF3.

Also, when I stream 1080p and 720p movies the quality seems to get reduced. It looks better than SD, but I doubt it's the original resolution (or 1280x720 or what the max resolution on the Prime is). Streaming does work pretty well though, although I get slight audio lag at times.

Are there ways to optimize Splashtop THD performance?
If it matters I have a 30mb/s up and 5/mb down connection.

Last edited:

rand4ll

Jan 16, 2011
Yes you are right about the settings menu.. Have been looking around there and have chosen to use the Nvidia card for Splashtop and always/all programs but it don't seems to go active when starting or connect to Splashtop.

Maybe I over looking things or how I should say and Splashtop and my computer works like it should?

- Starting a game that i get to run in windowed mode = Nvidia graphics kicks in and run.

In windows device manager i can inactive the Intel HD, and If I do so my computer screen goes black, and It indicate that it runs on Nvidia card and Splashtop still works on Prime so i can use Prime to activate Intel HD again so I get the computer screen going again.

Am i Asking for to much if i want it to run on Nvidia card when i just browsing or typing and not playing games?

And are there any way to make all games on the computer to open I windowed mode so it can be played using Splashtop?

@rand4ll
Sorry for overreacting and that I maybe read,understood what you wrote the wrong way.

No problem at all man. And I apologize that I didn't know English wasn't your first language as you speak it well and now knowing that I can see how my statements were misconstrued.

Can you post a screenshot of your device manager screen with display adapter section expanded? I don't know why a computer would ever simultaneously use onboard and dedicated graphics at the same time. You should be able to drive your laptop screen with either without issue.

Let me see a screenshot and we can try to go from there. My next suggestion would probably be to update your driver for the geforce card and see if you can set it to drive your laptop screen so you can completely disable your Intel integrated.

Reactions: Andreas527

ear0wax

May 22, 2009
Ok few simple solutions to try here,

1.In the bios you should have a choice of setting the card to dedicated only (meaning the nvidia card)
2.also in the Nvidia control panel theres a option to disable the power saving features of optimus, and make the system use just the dedicated only
3. If you cannot find these options after updating to latest drivers, goto the manage 3d settings tab then program setting profiles and make a new profile for the splashtop streamer app by clicking add and browsing to the splashtop exe then find the settings for which cuda gpu to use, also set power management to max performance and change any other options you find to use the dedicated card

Reactions: Andreas527

borgenhaust

Jul 9, 2012
Optimus - why you can't disable Intel graphics

For those with Dell laptops using Optimus technology you *cannot* disable the intel HD graphics and solely use the Nvidia. Don't think of it as having two separate video cards... think of it as having one and a half. The easiest way to explain is that they share hardware/processes and that you can think of the Nvidia card as being an alternative engine in the same vehicle.

For the most part the system is pretty good at picking the appropriate hardware to use based on whether or not it is a 3D application but in the case of this software I believe it's a problem with the client. Some games also have the problem of not detecting the Nvidia (some can be forced to use it and some can't through settings in the Nvidia control panel). The game you run on the system will detect the nvidia through optimus, but the streamer software is only detecting it as an Intel HD card. Unless/until the client software can somehow be programmed to detect optimus, we're going to be out of luck (which sucks... wish I dug deeper to find this all out before I bought the app).

normskilight

Oct 12, 2009
I still do not understand why you have your integrated Intel graphics enabled when you have a dedicated video card. Did you build this PC yourself and setup all the hardware in OS or did it come this way? You are only going to be using one graphics device at any one time unless you constantly move your video output cable be it HDMI or dvi the und on the back of your PC...lol

I don't think you know what nvidia optimus is or how it works.
The OP has a laptop with a nvidia GPU onboard but not in the classical sense driving the display. Infact I don't think the ramdacs are even physically connected to anything. Instead through the collaborated Intel/nvidia drivers the nvidia chip can render and deliver the image via the chip set or memory im not sure of the specifics. Its my understanding that only the Intel graphics (well the Intel GPU is on the CPU but you get what I'm trying to say) is physically wired to the dvi/HDMI/VGA.

Because of this unique collaboration between intel and nvidia the support for splashtop to be able to interact with the nvidia chip for frame buffer duplication or whatever wizzardry they use to "optimize for geforce" would have to be supported by the driver.
Currently the driver can only utilise the power of the gerforce or drawing/rendering.... DirectX/opengl.
I'm not sure the cuda cores are fully usable but that's another issue.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    To be fair, he stated he had a laptop, as I pointed out earlier. Not to mention that he listed his hardware which consisted of laptop parts.

Yeah, my bad probably just overlooked it and apologize for missing that point. My assertion minus custom building yourself still stands however.

@rand4ll

No problem at all man. And I apologize that I didn't know English wasn't your first language as you speak it well and now knowing that I can see how my statements were misconstrued.

Can you post a screenshot of your device manager screen with display adapter section expanded? I don't know why a computer would ever simultaneously use onboard and dedicated graphics at the same time. You should be able to drive your laptop screen with either without issue.

Let me see a screenshot and we can try to go from there. My next suggestion would probably be to update your driver for the geforce card and see if you can set it to drive your laptop screen so you can completely disable your Intel integrated.
    Ok few simple solutions to try here,

1.In the bios you should have a choice of setting the card to dedicated only (meaning the nvidia card)
    2.also in the Nvidia control panel theres a option to disable the power saving features of optimus, and make the system use just the dedicated only
    3. If you cannot find these options after updating to latest drivers, goto the manage 3d settings tab then program setting profiles and make a new profile for the splashtop streamer app by clicking add and browsing to the splashtop exe then find the settings for which cuda gpu to use, also set power management to max performance and change any other options you find to use the dedicated card
    Splashtop THD have been updated. Looks that they changed the name to, or have it said Gamepad before?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.splashtop.remote.pad.thd&feature=search_result

v1.0.1.5
    #Supports more games:
    Skyrim
    PES2012
    WOW
    DiabloIII
    Civilization V
    Portal 2
    #Improve external mouse and keyboard support
    #Hide/show on-screen game maneuver