Value of our phones decreasing

Search This thread

PC Jona

Nov 22, 2011
New York
Checking swappa and the value of our phone's have gotten STUPID cheap.

380? the hell?

i bought mines in feburary on swappa for 590! lol.

stop selling this phone so cheap guys. its still imo the best phone out.

sure it doesnt have a 1080 screen or 13mp camera or 4.2.2 BUT, the screen size and spen are enough to keep me on it.

in short, STOP SELLING THEM FOR DIRT CHEAP

inconceeeivable

Dec 11, 2010

380? the hell?

sure it doesnt have a 1080 screen or 13mp camera or 4.2.2 BUT, the screen size and spen are enough to keep me on it.

No offense, but I'd trade my Note for a white N4 in a heartbeat. What's the condition of the Note 2?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

PC Jona

Nov 22, 2011
New York
No offense, but I'd trade my Note for a white N4 in a heartbeat. What's the condition of the Note 2?

lol a smaller less powerful phone? without SD or a battery that last's almost 2 days? and no LTE ever (even tho i dont get signal lol) did i meantion small?

my phone is white...and mint....and so are all the other ones on there...so stupid.

Reactions: boodies

gedster314

Sep 7, 2007
Oxnard, Ca
lol a smaller less powerful phone? without SD or a battery that last's almost 2 days? and no LTE ever (even tho i dont get signal lol) did i meantion small?

my phone is white...and mint....and so are all the other ones on there...so stupid.

Note2s in my area just recently hit the $450 mark on Craigslist. I guess I better hurry up and sell my extra T889 Note2.

sfsilicon

Feb 8, 2010
SF Bay Area

380? the hell?

Condition: "I have a White Tmobile Note 2 for sale. It is 16gb in comes with charger, case, front and back ghost armor screen protector. This phone is missing the spen as my son broke it one day. It does have one small ding on the top right corner most people wouldn't notice it but I did try to take a picture of it. Love this phone just switched carriers. It is Rooted running AOKP currently. I did not do a baseband update to enable LTE yet since its not in my market."

I just bought one a few weeks back for $450. It did include an otterbox defender, flip case, leather belt case and extra battery.

inconceeeivable

Dec 11, 2010

Less powerful? I think N4 beats the Note in benchmarks.

I'll give you battery life. It's impressive.

Size too. Very nice.

I'd rather have a solid feeling phone without SD than a plastic one that comes apart easily.

Is the LTE usable where you live? It's terrible here. And I feel like 3G has suffered as a result. I would miss my WiFi calling...

I just feel like it's been kind of a piece since 4.1.2. Battery life isn't great now either. Feels slower to me as well.

thedrmonkey

Mar 29, 2008
Houston, TX
Phone values ALWAYS decrease; it doesn't matter how "awesome" or whatever the phone is; there's always newer, better phones coming out. If you seriously thought the Note 2 would retain that value for however long then you're completely naive. With manufacturers putting new phones out quicker; the value of phones drop quicker.

bob60626

Feb 7, 2013
Chicago
I WANT the prices to continue to drop, I don't have one yet! :D
Of course that'll make it harder to sell my i717 and now T989's are 200 new with some accessories on HSN so I'm also boned there. Dammit. At least I think my tablet is holding some value. :D

HKSpeed

Apr 3, 2012
Los Angeles
this is why I typically buy phones about a year after their release. price decreases stabilize once a phone drops to the low $300 area. I wouldn't pay more than that for a phone. the only reason I got a Note2 when it came out in November 2012 is because I resigned a 2 year agreement with TMO and got the phone for $200.

Less powerful? I think N4 beats the Note in benchmarks.

I'll give you battery life. It's impressive.

Size too. Very nice.

I'd rather have a solid feeling phone without SD than a plastic one that comes apart easily.

Is the LTE usable where you live? It's terrible here. And I feel like 3G has suffered as a result. I would miss my WiFi calling...

I just feel like it's been kind of a piece since 4.1.2. Battery life isn't great now either. Feels slower to me as well.

First off, are you talking about Note or Note 2? This is Note 2 forum after all. Not knowing that it would be nonsense trying to reply, since Note 2 is much different and more powerful than Note. And yes, Note 2 is more powerful than Nexus 4.

Last edited:

MarlinFF

Oct 31, 2010
Los Angeles
I TRADED my Nexus 4 for a Note 2 and won't ever go back to a phone without a removable battery + expandable memory, not to mention USB OTG support. The Nexus 4 is GREAT for it's price, however if you have the money the GS3/Note2/GS4 definitely takes the cake. The only things I truly miss about the Nexus 4 is the software buttons (I've gotten so used to them that having to press a button my Note 2 for the home button feels weird), and better ROM consistency (It sucks being on the same phone as other providers but only being able to use only a select few that are meant for your carrier. The Nexus 4 allowed me to flash any ROM)

Prices will go down as newer devices come out. And the fact that there is no clear device on top at this point in time. Note 2 has qualities for some to be the top device. S4 has qualities for some to be the top device. And HTC One has qualities for some to be the top device. And for a few users Nexus 4 has the Google vanilla experience that would make that device on top. And not mention the S4 and HTC One Google experience devices would make one of those devices on top for some.

Not to mention a bunch of new phablets coming out to the market throughout the summer and autumn that for some could end up the top device. And would end up make Note 2 feel like an older device.

You get my point. There is no reason for Note 2 to stay at $699. I love this Note 2 device that I paid full price. But devices do evolve.

Last edited:
Reactions: RonnieRuff

PC Jona

Nov 22, 2011
New York
Phone values ALWAYS decrease; it doesn't matter how "awesome" or whatever the phone is; there's always newer, better phones coming out. If you seriously thought the Note 2 would retain that value for however long then you're completely naive. With manufacturers putting new phones out quicker; the value of phones drop quicker.

they always decrease but at this rate?

there is no other phone out there to replace the note 2.

the iphones value doesnt drop until the new one is announced. same should be true for this phone.

nothing else like it and no reason for it to be sub-400 at this point in time.

we still have~ 4 months till we see the next one.

and whoever said this phone isnt build solidly is out of their minds, this phones build is great. ok its not glass or aluminum, but the way it feels in your hand is very solid. i love it.

RonnieRuff

May 22, 2010
Austin
they always decrease but at this rate?

there is no other phone out there to replace the note 2.

the iphones value doesnt drop until the new one is announced. same should be true for this phone.

nothing else like it and no reason for it to be sub-400 at this point in time.

we still have~ 4 months till we see the next one.

and whoever said this phone isnt build solidly is out of their minds, this phones build is great. ok its not glass or aluminum, but the way it feels in your hand is very solid. i love it.

The prices drop when retailers or in this case carriers need to blow through inventory in preparation for a new model. They know far in advance of official announcements. The public has also become aware of impending announcements. Electronics historically experience awful resale value. It is what it is.

CARBON NIGHTLIES | KROZ THEMES | CABIN FEVER MAPLE WHISKY

HKSpeed

Apr 3, 2012
Los Angeles
once sites like Engadget start posting articles about Note3 leaks, then it is time to sell (if you're looking for the best resale value). In April I dumped my Nexus 7 tablet on eBay once I read leaks about its successor coming in July. Retailers like Staples and Officemax recently offered good discounts on the Nexus 7, probably in hopes of clearing stock. The writing is on the wall and the value of that device is starting to drop.

Last edited:

FarReach

Jan 9, 2012
Anacortes
I wish I had the money to buy one out right from somebody but since I'm a broke M.F. I need to do that down payment biz at T-Mobile. And what really sucks is they just raised the down payment for the Note 2. I went in there 2 weeks ago and it was $150 down, then I went in there yesterday to browse and noticed it's now $200 down! And I looked on their website a few days ago and the N2 is more expensive then the S4! How does that happen it doesn't make sense to me. Prices might be dropping if you're buying somebody's used one but if you're buying one from TMO the prices haven't dropped a bit as of yet

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

RonnieRuff

May 22, 2010
Austin
once sites like Engadget start posting articles about Note3 leaks, then it is time to sell (if you're looking for the best resale value). In April I dumped my Nexus 7 tablet on eBay once I read leaks about its successor coming in July. Retailers like Staples and Officemax recently offered good discounts on the Nexus 7, probably in hopes of clearing stock. The writing is on the wall and the value of that device is starting to drop.

I usually just give old devices to friends or relatives who need a phone. Too annoyed to bother selling them LOL.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

380? the hell?

Electronics prices do not stay the same they always go down. The Note 3 is on the way.

I think the OP is upset that he paid $590 for N2 in February, then see prices drop to $380 in 3-4 months. Venting his frustration is what this thread is really about.

Prices will go down as newer devices come out. And the fact that there is no clear device on top at this point in time. Note 2 has qualities for some to be the top device. S4 has qualities for some to be the top device. And HTC One has qualities for some to be the top device. And for a few users Nexus 4 has the Google vanilla experience that would make that device on top. And not mention the S4 and HTC One Google experience devices would make one of those devices on top for some.

Not to mention a bunch of new phablets coming out to the market throughout the summer and autumn that for some could end up the top device. And would end up make Note 2 feel like an older device.

You get my point. There is no reason for Note 2 to stay at $699. I love this Note 2 device that I paid full price. But devices do evolve.