[Recovery]5.0.1 Google Play Edition Stock Recovery + Bootloader + Firmware

Search This thread

graffixnyc

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com
@graffixnyc

I tried to manually update my M8 GPE to 5.1.

I reflashed the 5.0.1 Recovery on your site and used the OTA you had posted. When in the recovery, I only had the option to update using ADB, so I tried sideloading the update that way, but got an error. Something related to map.apk.

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

Yeah, for some reason it's tricky. Sometimes it worked sometimes it doesn't. Here's what I did: Unplug phone. Hold volume down button then press the power button. It should immediately boot into bootloader.

They removed the update from storage option. It's also gone on the Moto X LP recovery.
The maps error seems to be related to it not being the version it's expecting. Were you rooted? If you are the OTA will fail. If you rooted and then unrooted with supersu the OTA still might fail. You need to be on a completely stock clean system. I think SuperSU does things where it moves some system apps and then moves them back.. That could be causing it.. I really don't know but it's definitely because the map version the OTA is expecting is not the same

boywithabeard

Aug 16, 2011
Port Perry
Hey guys, I am running stock GPE with GPE firmware. I want to take the OTA. I'm not sure which stock recovery I need(GPE or Stock HTC) tried a couple and got Status 7. Anyone can point me in the right direction?

Edit: May have had the right recovery already. I didn't change my CID back to GOOGL001, before taking the update. I'll try again after and report my findings, if anybody cares.

Last edited:

SiK TL

Dec 1, 2014
Hey guys, I am running stock GPE with GPE firmware. I want to take the OTA. I'm not sure which stock recovery I need(GPE or Stock HTC) tried a couple and got Status 7. Anyone can point me in the right direction?

Edit: May have had the right recovery already. I didn't change my CID back to GOOGL001, before taking the update. I'll try again after and report my findings, if anybody cares.

You need the stock gpe recovery. Unless you have flashed a custom recovery (TWRP, Philz, CWM) Then yes you do have the stock recovery already. You didn't leave a whole lot of info. So I cant help you much.

Sent from my One M8 using XDA Forums Pro.

evandunkel

Jun 28, 2012
Looks like the link is dead. I've flashed a custom recovery to my GPE m8 and I'm just wondering if anyone has the stock recovery handy.

Thanks

kishg

May 16, 2016
I am having at&t htc one m8 - I did following
1. Unlocked the boot loader
2. installed TWRP and rooted and
3. installed android 6.0 GPE (HTC_One_(M8)_GPe_Marshmallow-6.0_MRA58K.H6_Rooted) from graffixnyc.com/m8.php#rom.
Now i am unable to install the OTA updates due to TWRP recovery, Can i install this recoverygpe.img to replace the recovery?

Doc Moody

Dec 30, 2013
I am having at&t htc one m8 - I did following
1. Unlocked the boot loader
2. installed TWRP and rooted and
3. installed android 6.0 GPE (HTC_One_(M8)_GPe_Marshmallow-6.0_MRA58K.H6_Rooted) from graffixnyc.com/m8.php#rom.
Now i am unable to install the OTA updates due to TWRP recovery, Can i install this recoverygpe.img to replace the recovery?
This question might be obnoxious, but why did you flash the old rom in the first place? There is a whole thread dedicated to the GPE rom found here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2708589
Under downloads you should find the most recent rom with or without root.
Also you're unable to take OTA because of root. If you want to take OTA you need to have a fitting mid, google cid and recovery. Are you S-Off or on? I'd convert to GPE if I were you. That's the easiest way. But back up everything first. Using the RUU wipes everything and changes partitions.
Everthing is explained in the OP of the thread.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks to @pasker17 this wouldn't have been possible without him and his device!

Stock Recovery(Unlocked bootloader required. S-off not needed)
    To flash boot into fastboot (either by adb reboot bootloader or holding down volume down and power when device is off) and run the command
    fastboot flash recovery recoverygpe.img

GPE Bootloader & Splash Screen (to be flashed in RUU Mode S-off required)
    To flash boot into fastboot (either by adb reboot bootloader or holding down volume down and power when device is off) and run the command
    Once in bootloader type fastboot oem RebootRUU once at the HTC logo screen (RUU Mode) run
    fastboot flash zip zipfilename.zip

All files can be downloaded from my website http://www.graffixnyc.com/m8.php

Disclaimer: I am not responsible if you use this and brick your device or if your device blows up, implodes, or flames start shooting from it or it kills your neighbor's dog. Flash at your own risk. I am not responsible.... It was the other guy... I swear....
    added bootloader and splash screen to OP
    On the stock recovery when you see dead Andy hold the volume up button and press the power button once.
    You would see the options you are asking for.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
    I assume flashing this bootloader on normal m8 will result in GE dark bootloader?

Sent from my Viper One

@graffixnyc I wondered why you had resurrected the post from so long ago until I read the previous post lol. The irony was lost on me.... not good for an English teacher!