EDIT: This was originally posted here by @a9402169 before I found out about it, though you won't need a root explorer for the method below.
Requirements/Compatibility: (Will modify as it changes)
- TouchWiz 4.4.2 (May work on 4.2.2+; please test and let me know!)
- Galaxy S4 i337/i337M/i9500
- You must be ROOTED.
- You must not be afraid to tinker!
If this tweak does not produce what it should on your device (i.e. The UI in the screenshots I've posted below), please do not blame me for this! I am not responsible for what happens to your device! Test it at your own risk! But if you find this works in different circumstances than what I've outlined above, please let me know! I simply tried it on my device on a CLEAN ROM flash, and it worked very well.
So let's get started.
- You will need to get the SQLite Editor app. It's a paid app!
- Open up SQLite Editor and make sure to give it root permissions.
- When the app list loads, navigate to, and tap on Settings Storage.
- Tap settings.db, then system.
- Tap the + button at the top to add a new entry to this table.
- Enter name as settings_listui and value as 1 and tap the Save button. (See screenshots)
- Exit SQLite Editor and remove the Settings app from recent apps if necessary.
- Launch the Settings app and see the results.
BEFORE: Screenshot 1 below.
DURING: Screenshots 3 & 4 below.
AFTER: Screenshot 2 below.
And last but not least, if this has helped you out, please hit the THANKS button!