FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Flashed firmware of other phone on L7 II P715, bricked, KDZ/LGMST won't recover it

161 posts
Thanks Meter: 31

Post Reply Email Thread
31st July 2014, 12:21 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafaelluik

These are the instructions for L3 II, you can do the same to extract the KDZ and obtain the dll in the process for L7 II then flash it. Follow the instructions, but use a KDZ meant for L7 II instead of the one provided in the instructions. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=51612244

Edit: correct link now.

I Extracted kdz file correctly, then using instruction from your link I tried to flash this phone, but this is showing under READY command:

PID: CD21S130403002965
Imei: Null
Initializing
::Error::
F0000002

Download Fail (5s)

31st July 2014, 04:34 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi, i tried this guide, because my LG L7 II (P710) is bricked (blue stripes over the screen). How i must control the Software update? Phone mode EMERGENCY? Thanks guys.
26th October 2014, 02:53 PM |#13  

More
Did you solve this problem ? I have made exactly same: flashed p705 ROM onto my P713 phone. I am having same error on 14% at KDZ. Nothing helping...

This is brick ? Service center LG may solve it ?
1st November 2014, 05:37 PM |#14  
Flag Calicut
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Post KDZ method
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafaelluik

Using KDZ, a friend installed a P700/705 ROM in his L7 II P715 (/P710/P713/P714) by mistake, following an outdated tutorial that led him to believe the ROM would be compatible.
Result: it's bricked and other people in some Brazilian forums have done the same mistake. I'm trying to help them.

If turned on normally it gets stuck in LG's logo screen. Hard factory reset using buttons or USB cable method doesn't solve the issue.
The user says he tried many ROMs (probably also L7 I ICS ROMs :x) and after installed some ROMs make white stripes appear in the screen and others will make the LG logo screen to blink.

If turned on with the right buttons to enter emergency I think it does normally.

LG Mobile Support Tool isn't able to recover it. It gets stuck in % / says unknown error.
Tried KDZ with PhoneMode Diag, Emergency and CS_Emergency, nothing will recover it. Attached is a screen of a failed try of putting the correct stock L7 II P715 firmware on it.

My idea: maybe we can recover it by flashing a custom recovery (via adb or something else that works in emergency or download mode) then he could flash anything in his phone including the correct kernel and ROM and everything should be fixed, but since unlocking the bootloader is a requirement (please correct me if I'm wrong) and it seems the only method of doing so requires a phone working normally it seems there's no solution.

The technicians from repair centers are noobs, they were unable to recover it (I think they don't even have a BOX for this device model) and blame things like the motherboard or screen.

Any help would be appreciated.

You can get the official kdz using this method http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0#post22225030 . and probably flash using KDZ updater.
7th November 2014, 02:24 PM |#15  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonSLG

Did you solve this problem ? I have made exactly same: flashed p705 ROM onto my P713 phone. I am having same error on 14% at KDZ. Nothing helping...

This is brick ? Service center LG may solve it ?

So, for those, who may encounter this error. I solved it by bringing my phone to Service Center. As a result it was very hard to bring it back. For my luck, master was good enough not to give up and get job done . He worked on my phone for more than a week, everyday, tried 2 different programmators. He flash 34% from original stock rom and that allowed him to get into recovery. After that he finished flashing.

I watched movie of repair process, that he showed me. It was crazy) phone was completly dissasembled and programmer was connected via very thin cables)
14th December 2014, 11:06 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Same Problem
Hi

I am facing same problem described here.

I flashed wrong rom on my LG P715 and now it is bricked. Before flashing I rooted the device and installed CWM recovery.

Please help me.

Thank you in advance.

Harish
15th December 2014, 03:14 PM |#17  
Tel Aviv
Thanks Meter: 135

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by harishc

Hi

I am facing same problem described here.

I flashed wrong rom on my LG P715 and now it is bricked. Before flashing I rooted the device and installed CWM recovery.

Please help me.

Thank you in advance.

Harish

Did you flash your ROM via CWM (zip) or via KDZ? If it is the latter, it means that CWM is probably gone. Are you able to boot to recovery now?
16th December 2014, 07:35 AM |#18  

More
I Flashed it using zip and after restart it bricked. Then I used every single method find in XDA forums like KDZ Updater, offline updater,LG Flash Tool etc.
I tried various roms too i.e. Official, custom, rooted but none worked. Only rom worked was P700 V20D, which flashes upto 99% . I am also unable to use ABD as it not shows in device list.
16th December 2014, 01:16 PM |#19  
Tel Aviv

More
Quote:

I Flashed it using zip and after restart it bricked. Then I used every single method find in XDA forums like KDZ Updater, offline updater,LG Flash Tool etc.
I tried various roms too i.e. Official, custom, rooted but none worked. Only rom worked was P700 V20D, which flashes upto 99% . I am also unable to use ABD as it not shows in device list.

P700??! Which device do you have?

Sent from my LG 714 via Tapatalk
16th December 2014, 05:55 PM |#20  

More
I am having P715 but I flashed wrong ROM i.e. P700 that is why it is bricked.
16th December 2014, 09:04 PM |#21  
Tel Aviv

More
Quote:

I am having P715 but I flashed wrong ROM i.e. P700 that is why it is bricked.

OK, did you try this? Although it's for P710, it should still install the recovery for you, which should be the same. Then you can go on and install any custom ROM via recovery.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)