[Off Topic Lounge] A place for fellow HTC Desire users to hang out

Search This thread

777ace

Mar 1, 2011
Cairns
Lol, do you think that's a good idea?? He he...who knows what secrets would be revealed...?

I have a recurring dream about my teeth...usually the lower front set. In the dream, I am doing regular every day things, but at some point I find one of my teeth is a bit loose and I am able to wiggle it. Soon, the tooth will pull free and I am always surprised at how this tooth came out. There is never any pain. Then, I find that I am able to replace the tooth into my gum, but it remains loose, so I will spend the remainder of that dream removing and replacing it.

I usually wake feeling very self concious or apprehensive, which is how I know I have had the dream again...

Saint2710

Sep 16, 2010
Anyone been looking at the HTC Thunderbolt or Sensation?

Going to the States in February so may try to pick one up, along with a Tablet of some sort.

Lothaen

Jun 4, 2010
plus.google.com
I thought this was suppose to be a topic not about phones in any form :)

For the record though I would like a HTC Sensation in the Desire size....

Woken up at 4.30 this morning by the cats pawing at my face wanting food :(

rolfd

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 25, 2010
Norn Irn
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
I thought this was suppose to be a topic not about phones in any form :)

For the record though I would like a HTC Sensation in the Desire size....

Woken up at 4.30 this morning by the cats pawing at my face wanting food :(

You can talk about anything you want in here, as long as it's within the rules :D

No support questions though...

As for your cat, get a dog. Lol.

Lothaen

Jun 4, 2010
plus.google.com
Dogs are too high maintenance - cats are cool - they just do what they want and basically all they ask for is litter changing, food, and cuddles occasionally.

Dogs will ask for walks twice a day, and all the above (although replace litter with going out), my parents have a dog.

Also, most of my friends are allergic to my cats - so they don't come round very often (good or bad thing?) - even the ones that have cats themselves sometimes...

rolfd

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 25, 2010
Norn Irn
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
i actually quite like cats for the reasons you gave above, they are no hassle at all. I have to say I do prefer my wee pooch though.

Dogs have such mad personalities and mine likes to fart a lot which helps keep the neighbours from trying to call in and gossip. Lol.

Fram87

Jan 6, 2007
I really think that stock is the best at all ... the other roms i've tried work in a strange way.. kinda they are really fast with benchmarks etc. but sometimes they slowdown for so simple operations ... like switch between homescreens or getting into the menu. I Really hate this ... and i'm ok like this since htc doesn't work bad with roms (i had a motorola milestone before so i know what means having a really stock bad rom)

eoinzy

Feb 22, 2011
Dublin
www.dingostew.com
Hi,
new here. Just looking for some info on my HTC Desire. Seems to be a lot of good information here. More so than the cyanogenmod forums...though I've yet to see a "cats vs dogs" debate over there!! :p

dstephens189

Mar 12, 2011
Love my desire. On my 3rd one within a year as my first one was stolen by some pikey when I was pissed and the 2nd I bricked flashing a radio. Running miui 2. 3. 4. Superfast and super sexy. Me and my girlfriend broke up, she trashed my house cos I slept with a girl I work with. She told me she wants space as I got her arrested so I give her the space, she then calls me that night telling me she's sorry and she doesn't really need space. I. Call her tonight on my way back from a friends and she shouts at me telling me she needs space. She lives 12 ****ing miles away and doesn't have to answer her phone.. this is 100% the truth aswell.. welcome to my life. My name is Dean.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA Premium App

777ace

Mar 1, 2011
Cairns
Lol @ Dean! Well, the update here is I planned to take chickie out to a very classy local establishment last night. Dinner was fcking fantastic, but afterward we had "that" talk... Seems she only wants to be friends...don't you hate it when they do that? Seriously, how does a girl walk around your house topless, shower with you, share your bed, discuss extremely intimate and personal details about herself and generally spend every spare minute with you and then decide to shove you away?

Chicks, man...who needs em?!

Well...me actually...but that's beside the point, lol.

dstephens189

Mar 12, 2011
Update. I went out with a friend today to watch the football, I sat in a pub for 6 hours and got very drunk watching my team draw and then possibly the worst cup final in history. We spoke for 5 minutes this afternoon, I say speak, she shouted at me before I decided to hang up. I offered her an ultimatum of such, basically telling her if she wants nothing more to do with me, let me know and ill ignore her. Guess what she chose? This girl was my best friend, someone I shared my house with and loved and I get treated like this? Guess it serves me right for going with someone younger than me. I should start a poll to see if I deserve to be treated in such a manner. Should obviously include all details.. I will give updates when I can on this subject until it dies or I am over it. Feel free to tell me to **** off or shut up..

777ace

Mar 1, 2011
Cairns
No need for you to either **** off or shut up Dean...I do feel your pain dude. You try and do all that you can to show them how much you care and willing to do whatever, but it seems at the end of the day, it matters not a single whit. This really is becoming quite the male bonding/therapy thread, lol.

My chickie (I say my loosely, of course) came over this morn as I had offered her to use my place to wash her car and motorbike... Man, that was hard. She is sooo sexy...fit, slim, tall... Tried very hard to perform the just friend role, but I am seriously in love with this girl. Have been single a while and dated a few chicks this past six months, but the more time I have spent with this girl, the more I have grown attached to her... I know I sound like a fool and why the **** I am posting this on a phone forum is anyone's guess, but this being just friends thing is going to be tough. What makes things worse is she seems to think I am some vindictive prick, who will now play any mind games or nasty tricks to get her back or get back at her...I am not that person. I just wanna make love, not war... She'll be back soon to wash her bike, so I'll see how that goes...

Peace.

Last edited:

dstephens189

Mar 12, 2011
Ace, this sucks. Why are woman such a pain in the ass?? I let her move into my place after a month of knowing her as she lived in the next town and was going to be moving far away. So much has happened in our relationship and man she is ****ing hot stuff. Size 10 waist, 32ff chest, 5 foot 10 basically everything I could've wanted, probably wayyy out of my league but then again I ain't exactly bad to look at if I can say so.. do I get over it or keep trying tu get back with her?? Seriously I need some input here because I'm pretty cut up about it. I suppose I should give all the details but I just don't have time at the moment..

777ace

Mar 1, 2011
Cairns
Dean, you have no choice bro...you just gotta get over it. As do I.

As to your question, I have no idea why they are such pains in the ass...I guess us blokes are just suckers when it comes down to it, for all the bravado and machismo we might show to the world. And chicks, subconciously, know this.

At work this morning and really cannot be bothered. I know it's all just a process and I tell myself that six months ago, I never even knew this girl, so reallistically how has my life changed? but changed it has and I can't just pretend otherwise.

I am going to stop typing now, because there are people cueing up at this thread to discuss phone ****, of all things. Lol! You'll be right man...although I feel pretty stupid telling someone that, when I am in no better state. One day soon, the light will appear and we will both wonder why the hell we wasted so much emotion and stress over nothing at all...

dstephens189

Mar 12, 2011
The story gets worse my friend. I'm sat in the bath this evening and she calls. Not to mention the fact that after she made her choice last night she tries to contact me this afternoon on Google talk. But anyway she called and we talk for the beat part of an hour n a half yeah she proceeds to tell me that last night she went round a 'friends' house from work. This 'friend' being a guy she's only met the once, I say what went on and she tells me nothing, I nag her about it and finally get to knowing she stayed at this morons house and they kissed and shared a bed. It is making me a little angry writing this but I'm hoping its gonna help me in the long term sharing such feelings. As far as I'm concerned I love the girl and had some great times. I know I've done wrong but we've been separated less than a week and she is already jumping in another guys bed. Somebody please give me a technical definition of the girl.. jeez.. anyway that's it. Im through with her and many thanks ace, we've been through some **** but we'll only learn from it eh??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    exactly lol

rosie huntington-whiteley

to my mind she is one of the people that would suit the horse joke ... you know the one about why the long face .... lol
    Probably because she had to act in a movie about some 20-foot trannies.

Ba-DUM-tish!
    ordered myself an Evo 3D... that means the Desire will probably become my dev phone in the next few days, from which I will create all sorts of ROMmy goodness and share with everyone here.

Fixed for you Loth :)
    I've decided that as the Desire has such a big fanbase and the forum is so busy, that I'd trial an Off Topic lounge.

This is the place to post all things random and not support related.

There are a few ground rules, nothing too boring, but we do need them!

• The most important rule is, follow the Forum Rules!!
    • Keep it clean, and don't flame other users.
      [*]Do Not use this thread to boost your post count so you can post in Development
    • Most of all, have some fun :D

As this is a trial if you have any issues or problems here, please PM me.
    Nice Idea, I am swinging between Roms :p Almost on Daily basis and then i keep myself busy restoring everything. :)

I am also planning to release my own custom ROM, lets see when i will be able to do that (Still is Alpha phase)
    KitKat on my good old bravo :) Nice! I'll look into that someday soon.