[Q] Nokia Lumia 920 SIM Tray is stuck!

Search This thread

cayano

Mar 28, 2010
Hello,

I left a Nano sim adapter inside of sim tray and it is now stuck inside. I have tried to remove tray by myself , but i am afraid of breaking it.It pops up a little bit, but this is it. I have watched DYI videos on youtube, but unfortunately , neither one shows how to dissemble sim tray. I would like to know if somebody knows how to fix it or where I can bring it for repair. I live in Boston. but i just found third party repair shops. I do not know if Nokia has an official repair center nearby.

Thanks

maragos

Mar 15, 2010
Hello,

I left a Nano sim adapter inside of sim tray and it is now stuck inside. I have tried to remove tray by myself , but i am afraid of breaking it.It pops up a little bit, but this is it. I have watched DYI videos on youtube, but unfortunately , neither one shows how to dissemble sim tray. I would like to know if somebody knows how to fix it or where I can bring it for repair. I live in Boston. but i just found third party repair shops. I do not know if Nokia has an official repair center nearby.

Thanks

Been there done that. Well i pulled it out and broke all the pins. Took it too nokia they asked for half the phones price to fix it, so i went onto ebay got an oem flex cable assemble and changed it myself total cost 45dollors.

If you havent pulled it out you can try cutting a thin peace of plastic slip it in side so that the pins get raised just a bit so that it will release the sim tray.

This is actually Apples Fault because if they used sims that every one uses i would have to put adapters into my other phones so fu Apple.

Last edited:

f810

Oct 21, 2006
Been there done that. Well i pulled it out and broke all the pins. Took it too nokia they asked for half the phones price to fix it, so i went onto ebay got an oem flex cable assemble and changed it myself total cost 45dollors.

If you havent pulled it out you can try cutting a thin peace of plastic slip it in side so that the pins get raised just a bit so that it will release the sim tray.

This is actually Apples Fault because if they used sims that every one uses i would have to put adapters into my other phones so fu Apple.

I broke mine and Nokia HK asked for around US350 to fix it. Turn out I let a shop to fix it at US$30 :)

Djha

Aug 6, 2012
How to replace MAIN Board SIM FLEX L920

I am also facing same problem, Please tell me how to replace the main board flex of Lumia 920? Please share if there is any video tutorial is available.

It is glued to the main board, so do we need any special type of glue or something. please guide me..

Djha

Aug 6, 2012
How to replace MAIN Board SIM FLEX L920

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am also facing same problem, Please tell me how to replace the main board flex of Lumia 920? Please share if there is any video tutorial is available.

It is glued to the main board, so do we need any special type of glue or something. please guide me..

I went through the some You tube video, DO I need conductive tape also?