FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

{HELP} Interactive Help Forum!{TUTORIALS} Where questions are encouraged!

2,798 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,879

By jeffsanace, Senior Member on 18th April 2012, 04:27 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th April 2012, 01:43 PM |#201  
Recognized Developer
Flag Crown Point
Thanks Meter: 5,117

Donate to Me
More
I tried to use ninjamorph to swap out the xmls and it worked fine I added the 200 pngs but the only one it displays is unknown battery png. So I know I didn't do something right. Lol

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
30th April 2012, 02:17 PM |#202  
OP Senior Member
Flag Wilmington, De.

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thicklizard

I tried to use ninjamorph to swap out the xmls and it worked fine I added the 200 pngs but the only one it displays is unknown battery png. So I know I didn't do something right. Lol

You won't be able to do that with ninjamorph. Have you tried the uot online kitchen? Upload your framework and it will add it for you. Otherwise you have to get your hands dirty and learn how from scratch.

Recognized " Bad Seed "
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jeffsanace For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jeffsanace Ad-Free
30th April 2012, 02:26 PM |#203  
Recognized Developer
Flag Crown Point

Donate to Me
More
Ok I think I will try it myself later tonight. Thanks for your help

30th April 2012, 03:11 PM |#204  
Recognized Developer
Flag Crown Point

Donate to Me
More
What would be the best program to achieve what I'm trying to do?

30th April 2012, 03:15 PM |#205  
Flag 取手市。日本
Thanks Meter: 520

More
Can system apps have been altered by carriers so that they are incompatible with some of these mods in the op? I have had a mixed bag of beans with some working, and some causing bootloops even when following to the word and using the lines available in the posts.
30th April 2012, 03:26 PM |#206  
Recognized Themer
Flag north of the wall
Thanks Meter: 5,631

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robobob1221

Can system apps have been altered by carriers so that they are incompatible with some of these mods in the op? I have had a mixed bag of beans with some working, and some causing bootloops even when following to the word and using the lines available in the posts.

I have never seen that though it is possible to add drm to make apktool malfunction. 99 of the time it's an error by the person modding. Obviously that's probably not what you want to hear. Can you post specific information about the issues you are having?

a bad seed
30th April 2012, 03:33 PM |#207  
Flag Wolverhampton
Thanks Meter: 17,862

More
help plz
im a noob but learning fast, im running minicm9 on my x8, i think ics is wicked even without a working cam, can be a bit sticky now and then but a sound rom all in all.

the thing im stuck on is this other ics thats out, AOKP | Build 34.1 | nAa-ics kernel 01, it was built for x8 it seems but when you follow the download link it doesnt have zip for x8 but has all other phones, im a little confused can anyone help plz, where can i download the right rom for xperia x8
30th April 2012, 03:45 PM |#208  
Flag 取手市。日本

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fernando sor

I have never seen that though it is possible to add drm to make apktool malfunction. 99 of the time it's an error by the person modding. Obviously that's probably not what you want to hear. Can you post specific information about the issues you are having?

a bad seed

One I tried was Tommy Tomatoes transparent settings. Followed everything in his post, pushed the file and the system menu didn't pop up before and after reboot. It didn't seem to install properly.
Another was billbower's post of your method for transparency by editing the com.htc.resources.apk. Tried it and it did work, but caused several of the google app to FC. So I tried a reboot and then my phone went into a bootloop. Had to restore my old system from nand. gutted as it half worked. Will I have to edit the google app image resources to make it work?
30th April 2012, 03:49 PM |#209  
Recognized Themer
Flag north of the wall
Thanks Meter: 5,631

More
Quote:

One I tried was Tommy Tomatoes transparent settings. Followed everything in his post, pushed the file and the system menu didn't pop up before and after reboot. It didn't seem to install properly.
Another was billbower's post of your method for transparency by editing the com.htc.resources.apk. Tried it and it did work, but caused several of the google app to FC. So I tried a reboot and then my phone went into a bootloop. Had to restore my old system from nand. gutted as it half worked. Will I have to edit the google app image resources to make it work?

That wouldn't affect any google apps. Just htc and some market apps. What tools are you using

a bad seed
30th April 2012, 03:49 PM |#210  
OP Senior Member
Flag Wilmington, De.

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Are you on the original Evo? Most of the mods posted are for the 3d or sensation. I'm sure we can help with the original if that's what you have.

Recognized " Bad Seed "
30th April 2012, 03:59 PM |#211  
Flag 取手市。日本

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fernando sor

That wouldn't affect any google apps. Just htc and some market apps. What tools are you using

a bad seed

using apktool, and notepad++
it seemed to make gmail fc. It made my contacts disappear.

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffsanace

Are you on the original Evo? Most of the mods posted are for the 3d or sensation. I'm sure we can help with the original if that's what you have.

Recognized " Bad Seed "

yeah im on the OG Evo. The Japanese model has a much different software number though (2.26.970.1) on 2.3.4
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)