Originally Posted by chasemyass
sky it`s oke to use theese 3 scripts (see atachment) with ur kernel made by crybert for his crybernation, rom I`m curently using atm. And do we need to run them with SM or SkyHigh 1.4 automatic runs init.d ?
made them txt so I can upload here as atachment
1. Just copy to init.d like described in first post.
2. all patches in this script (tcp, vm & sdcard) can be used safely and should not result in any issues
3. I don't know if they are actually useful, you can test that and give your feedback here
4. I didn't test any altered tcp settings and sticked with the stock settings for now as I never experienced any tcp speed problems; your findings would be interesting though and I can consider to offer verified improved tcp settings as an addon script
5. the two vm settings are significantly higher than mine. This actually bares a higher risk of data loss and is IMHO more a cheat especially for Quadrant which I don't recommend at all.
6. This is even worse with the read ahead caches of the sdcards. Adrenaline Shot is known to highly boost these values, which means it primarily cheats benchmark results but actually makes system performance WORSE. You can learn here more on that and why extreme boosting of read ahead caches is way beyond smartness:
Look at your current values eg. with
adb shell "cat /sys/devices/virtual/bdi/179:0/read_ahead_kb"
and if you are running SkyHigh V1.4 you should see that they are set to 512KB which should be the best option here. The stock default value is 128KB, the attached script sets it to 3072KB which is just mad in my humble opinion.
BTW: this is the cache for the internal sdcard, the external sdcard cache is totally missing in your attached script:
adb shell "cat /sys/devices/virtual/bdi/179:32/read_ahead_kb"