Post Reply Email Thread
20th March 2012, 11:05 AM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 641

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.wtf

thanks for the kernel

i can't mount my sdcard in cwm. i currently use this kernel with brood rom.
first time i had this problem was after installing vitaliys kernel. changing kernel and doing a hard reset via *2767*3855# helped (as you can imagine you can't reset it in cwm since you have to mount the sdcard which doesn't work). so i got the suspicion that this is a kernel issue.

i know you said

but i'm not sure if this is what you mean since you made mods on the sdcard.

The sdcard tweaks are only active when you boot into android. CWM (recovery) uses its own kernel (FeaCore) and SkyHigh (or vitaly's kernel) are not loaded at all for recovery mode. So it is impossible that these matters are related. But manveru0 describes the problem on his FeaMod thread and also make a solution proposal. Did you already test that ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by manveru0

In case the system won't recognize your external sdcard: Copy the content of your external sdcard to your PC and format it within your ROM. Copy the files back onto the newly formatted external sdcard. Thx to Igor_999 for stumbling across that problem

BTW: are we talking about the internal or external sdcard ?
And which command did you actually use to mount either card ?
(The mounting points are different in CWM and android !)
The Following User Says Thank You to skywalker01 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift skywalker01 Ad-Free

20th March 2012, 11:14 AM |#22  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch.ly

Seems like i am building a new version of Simplistic afterall. Thanks a lot for the great kernel!

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk

No prob, but do you also have the issue with your simplistic ROM that carlese reported ?
The Following User Says Thank You to skywalker01 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift skywalker01 Ad-Free
20th March 2012, 11:25 AM |#23  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nail16

How's the battery like with this one?

Should be slightly better than with SkyHigh V1.3 but as it is just one day old there are no long term experiences yet. But you are invited to test that yourself and share your findings here
20th March 2012, 11:31 AM |#24  
Flag Brasov
Thanks Meter: 521

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker01

No prob, but do you also have the issue with your simplistic ROM that carlese reported ?

sky it`s oke to use theese 3 scripts (see atachment) with ur kernel made by crybert for his crybernation, rom I`m curently using atm. And do we need to run them with SM or SkyHigh 1.4 automatic runs init.d ?
made them txt so I can upload here as atachment
Attached Files
File Type: txt all in one.txt - [Click for QR Code] (2.5 KB, 53 views)
20th March 2012, 11:40 AM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 599

More
Didn't test it yet, i am building at the moment so ill report later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker01

20th March 2012, 12:05 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
best kernel ever !!! nicely done !!

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk
20th March 2012, 12:46 PM |#27  
Flag Seville
Thanks Meter: 34

More
skywalker01 I'm using your kernel on BroodRom RC4 and I must say that you have made a fantastic job.

The only thing I noticed is that SmartassV2 is not very reliable in my phone. I have tried a 3D game to test it (Blood and Glory, is free) and it runs choppy after a few moments playing and then the phone reboot itself. Then I switched to Ondemand with No-frills CPU Control and it runs better and without reboots.

Could be a kernel problem?
20th March 2012, 01:39 PM |#28  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasemyass

sky it`s oke to use theese 3 scripts (see atachment) with ur kernel made by crybert for his crybernation, rom I`m curently using atm. And do we need to run them with SM or SkyHigh 1.4 automatic runs init.d ?
made them txt so I can upload here as atachment

1. Just copy to init.d like described in first post.
2. all patches in this script (tcp, vm & sdcard) can be used safely and should not result in any issues
BUT
3. I don't know if they are actually useful, you can test that and give your feedback here
4. I didn't test any altered tcp settings and sticked with the stock settings for now as I never experienced any tcp speed problems; your findings would be interesting though and I can consider to offer verified improved tcp settings as an addon script
5. the two vm settings are significantly higher than mine. This actually bares a higher risk of data loss and is IMHO more a cheat especially for Quadrant which I don't recommend at all.
6. This is even worse with the read ahead caches of the sdcards. Adrenaline Shot is known to highly boost these values, which means it primarily cheats benchmark results but actually makes system performance WORSE. You can learn here more on that and why extreme boosting of read ahead caches is way beyond smartness:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1032317

Look at your current values eg. with
Code:
adb shell "cat /sys/devices/virtual/bdi/179:0/read_ahead_kb"
and if you are running SkyHigh V1.4 you should see that they are set to 512KB which should be the best option here. The stock default value is 128KB, the attached script sets it to 3072KB which is just mad in my humble opinion.

BTW: this is the cache for the internal sdcard, the external sdcard cache is totally missing in your attached script:
Code:
adb shell "cat /sys/devices/virtual/bdi/179:32/read_ahead_kb"
20th March 2012, 01:48 PM |#29  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxtorete

skywalker01 I'm using your kernel on BroodRom RC4 and I must say that you have made a fantastic job.

The only thing I noticed is that SmartassV2 is not very reliable in my phone. I have tried a 3D game to test it (Blood and Glory, is free) and it runs choppy after a few moments playing and then the phone reboot itself. Then I switched to Ondemand with No-frills CPU Control and it runs better and without reboots.

Could be a kernel problem?

Well, not a kernel problem directly but maybe a governor problem. I am using smartassV2 since 3 months now without any problems and i never changed the settings. But I don't play 3D games. If somebody else can verify that would be nice to know. Did you test other games, maybe it is game related and Blood & Glory doesn't like the smartassV2 governor ? You have to know that ondemand governor is the stock default on most phones and as most developers are lazy the makers of B&G most probably tested their game only with ondemand gov.
But luckily this is all customisable in SkyHigh
20th March 2012, 01:48 PM |#30  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 34

More
After installing this kernel, the external sd card is not mounted when connecting SGS+ to computer in Storage Mode (only internal sd card is accessible from computer ). I'm using Stock rooted KQ7 firmware. Does anybody else experience this issue?

Everything else works beyond expectations, thank you very much for your work!
20th March 2012, 01:50 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
I testing it now !!!

GT-i9001 UCM 2.1 Rom
skyhigh 1.3 kernel oc/uv!
smartassv2 sio i/o
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
9001, galaxy, kernel, sgs+, skyhigh

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)