FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[TOOL] Whatsapp Xtract: Backup Messages Extractor / Database Analyzer / Chat-Backup

205 posts
Thanks Meter: 281

By ztedd, Senior Member on 5th April 2012, 08:13 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th March 2013, 07:00 PM |#501  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hape70

hi advance512

nice enhancement
I have a problem when opening the html file on another machine. The full original path is written in the html file (which dows not exists on the second machine)

Thanks. I actually added other enhancements - a Media file to see all photos quickly, but I am too lazy to release it as I did it in a sort of ugly way (code-wise).

As far as your problem, I would have to see a specific file to understand. The code generates HTML files which refer to relative files names, all based on the input filename, the command line argument. I assume you input a complete file path as a command line argument? If so, try and just give the filename.

Otherwise, I'd have to understand more about your process.

7th March 2013, 07:14 PM |#502  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by advance512

How do you expect anyone to help you without all of the information?
What is this "old" file? What version of WhatsApp is it from? Is there any chance it got corrupted? Do you have a backup? Better yet - is the "plain.db" file a decrypted version of this encrypted file? If so, why do you need to decrypt said file?

Please read the actual instruction to see you can open a decrypted file with the script, just as you can open an encrypted file.

The msgstore.plain.db-File was generated during the process using Whatsapp_Extract like you can see in the picture. Also you can see that the file is from December 2012, i don't know exactly the Whatsapp-version I used at this time.
The plain.db-File is decrypted but I only can use it with sqlite-manager but not with Whatsapp_Extract. And no I don't have a backup this is the only file I have for this chat-history i want to get back. And yes it is possible that the file got courrupted because i have had several problems tranferring my data from the sd-card to my computer.

Hope this is enough information and you can help me? Otherwise i can send you the file if you have time to have a short look at it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Error.jpg
Views:	610
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	1787103  
7th March 2013, 07:29 PM |#503  

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by logge22

The msgstore.plain.db-File was generated during the process using Whatsapp_Extract like you can see in the picture. Also you can see that the file is from December 2012, i don't know exactly the Whatsapp-version I used at this time.
The plain.db-File is decrypted but I only can use it with sqlite-manager but not with Whatsapp_Extract. And no I don't have a backup this is the only file I have for this chat-history i want to get back. And yes it is possible that the file got courrupted because i have had several problems tranferring my data from the sd-card to my computer.

Hope this is enough information and you can help me? Otherwise i can send you the file if you have time to have a short look at it.

Well, the error you showed me comes from the SQLite library.

You probably have a bit of corruption in the decrypted file - even 1 bit off in the encrypted file could affect large parts of the decrypted file. Anyways, the fact that you can see your info (or some of it) in SQLite Manager is great. This is your solution to save what remains.

Open the database, and export the data into an SQL file.
Then, create a NEW database, and import the data from that SQL file. Save the new database.

Now, feed the new database into WhatsApp_Xtract using the "decrypted database" option found in the OP.

It should work.

Let me know how it goes.
7th March 2013, 10:57 PM |#504  

More
Quote:

Well, the error you showed me comes from the SQLite library.

You probably have a bit of corruption in the decrypted file - even 1 bit off in the encrypted file could affect large parts of the decrypted file. Anyways, the fact that you can see your info (or some of it) in SQLite Manager is great. This is your solution to save what remains.

Open the database, and export the data into an SQL file.
Then, create a NEW database, and import the data from that SQL file. Save the new database.

Now, feed the new database into WhatsApp_Xtract using the "decrypted database" option found in the OP.

It should work.

Let me know how it goes.

I created a new database like u told me (the imported sql-file had about 6 mb, the new created file had about 4 mb) and called it msgstore.db and pasted it into the whatsapp_xtract folder like you can see on the image. then i ran whatsapp_xtract_android but it didn't work, it also didn't work when i pasted the file into whatsapp_xtract_drag_and_drop_databse(s), where the following error message occured.
Sorry but I really tried a lot of things (and wasted a lot of time) but it doesn't work... Do you think you could manage it when i would send you the file?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	error2.jpg
Views:	416
Size:	173.9 KB
ID:	1787606  
7th March 2013, 11:55 PM |#505  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by logge22

I created a new database like u told me (the imported sql-file had about 6 mb, the new created file had about 4 mb) and called it msgstore.db and pasted it into the whatsapp_xtract folder like you can see on the image. then i ran whatsapp_xtract_android but it didn't work, it also didn't work when i pasted the file into whatsapp_xtract_drag_and_drop_databse(s), where the following error message occured.
Sorry but I really tried a lot of things (and wasted a lot of time) but it doesn't work... Do you think you could manage it when i would send you the file?

Okay, post it somewhere so I could download it, I'll see what I can do.. though I am not promising anything.
8th March 2013, 01:25 AM |#506  

More
Quote:

Okay, post it somewhere so I could download it, I'll see what I can do.. though I am not promising anything.

Thanks a lot! I've sent you a private message with a link.
8th March 2013, 07:52 AM |#507  

More
Quote:

Thanks. I actually added other enhancements - a Media file to see all photos quickly, but I am too lazy to release it as I did it in a sort of ugly way (code-wise).

As far as your problem, I would have to see a specific file to understand. The code generates HTML files which refer to relative files names, all based on the input filename, the command line argument. I assume you input a complete file path as a command line argument? If so, try and just give the filename.

Otherwise, I'd have to understand more about your process.

your're right, when entering the command manually all is fine.
When I drag and drop the db-file to "whatsapp_xtract_drag'n'drop_database(s)_here. bat" the full path will be submitted.

Thanks for your help!

Update:
I changed the lines in whatsapp_xtract_drag'n'drop_database(s)_here.bat
from
python "%~dp0whatsapp_xtract.py" %1
to
python "%~dp0whatsapp_xtract.py" %~nx1

now it's ok
8th March 2013, 10:42 PM |#508  

More
Thank You Fabio !
It works perfectly for restoring my backups (cambiero' 3-4 rom al mese, ma il fatto che non mi ripristinasse la chat non era mai capitato..)
10th March 2013, 05:54 PM |#509  

More
Whatsapp Backup gefunden,aber nicht wiederhergestellt
Hallo ,
Ich habe folgendes Problem, und zwar kann ich meine Backup Datei nicht mehr auf dem Handy wiederherstellen.Ich habe mein Handy formatiert und habe aber vorher den Whatsapp Ordner von der SD Karte auf den PC kopiert.Darin befindet sich im Ordner Databases die Datei msgstore.db.crypt.
Ich habe dann die Anleitung befolgt und es klappte alles bis zum Fehler :
Error sqlite3.Error while reading Chat #: database disk image is malformed
So habe ich dann deinen Rat befolgt :
- start whatsapp_xtract_console.bat and then type:
- echo .dump | sqlite3.exe msgstore.plain.db > Temp.sql
- echo .quit | sqlite3.exe -init Temp.sql msgstore_new.db
- python whatsapp_xtract.py msgstore_new.db

und konnte am Ende die Datei auf dem PC anzeigen und hatte die Verläufe zumindest auf dem PC.
Nun meine Frage: Kann ich nun irgendwie die msgstore.db.crypt Datei so reparieren und auf dem Handy wieder kopieren, damit Whatsapp auch die Nachrichten tatsächlich wiederherstellt oder kann ich sie nur maximal auf dem PC anzeigen lassen?Kannst du mir bitte sagen,welche Datei ich wohin genau verschieben soll?Denn es heißt ja im Normalfall,wenn es klappt die Datei msgstore.plain.db in den Whatsapp Ordner auf dem Handy kopieren und in msgstore.db umbenennen,jedoch wenn ich
whatsapp_xtract_android_crypted.bat
ausführe, entsteht ja der oben in rot angezeigte Fehler und die msgstore.plain.db Datei ensteht auch mit genau der gleichen Dateigröße wie die msgstore.db.crypt Datei.Nun als ich Whatsapp wieder installiert habe, fragte es mich,ob ich den Verlauf wiederherstellen will,ich bestätigte und es zeigte an,dass es Nachrichten wiederherstellt,jedoch waren keine Verläufe da und alles war weg.
Ich hoffe ihr habt verstanden was ich meine und hoffe, dass ihr mir helfen könnt, das wäre echt lieb.

Noch ein kleiner Nachtrag,wenn ich diese Befehle ausführe
ensteht ja die msgstore_new.db Datei und die ist nur minimal kleiner als die msgstore.db oder msgstore.plain.db Datei und die ist ja dann die reparierete Datei oder? Und durch sie kann ich den Inhalt auf dem PC sehen und so erhalte ich ja auch die msgstore.db als HTML Datei. Müsste ich diese Datei umbennen und irgendwohin kopieren oder was muss ich jetzt genau machen,damit Whatsapp die Backup Datei wirklich richtig erkennt und die Nachrichten tatsächlich wiederherstellt?
Zur Zeit ist Whatsapp installiert,müsste ich es deinstallieren und vorher noch irgendwas sichern oder kopieren?
Vielen lieben Dank im Vorraus
10th March 2013, 06:27 PM |#510  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapy1991

Hallo ,
Ich habe folgendes Problem, und zwar kann ich meine Backup Datei nicht mehr auf dem Handy wiederherstellen.Ich habe mein Handy formatiert und habe aber vorher den Whatsapp Ordner von der SD Karte auf den PC kopiert.Darin befindet sich im Ordner Databases die Datei msgstore.db.crypt.
Ich habe dann die Anleitung befolgt und es klappte alles bis zum Fehler :
Error sqlite3.Error while reading Chat #: database disk image is malformed
So habe ich dann deinen Rat befolgt :
- python whatsapp_xtract.py msgstore_new.db

und konnte am Ende die Datei auf dem PC anzeigen und hatte die Verläufe zumindest auf dem PC.
Nun meine Frage: Kann ich nun irgendwie die msgstore.db.crypt Datei so reparieren und auf dem Handy wieder kopieren, damit Whatsapp auch die Nachrichten tatsächlich wiederherstellt oder kann ich sie nur maximal auf dem PC anzeigen lassen?Kannst du mir bitte sagen,welche Datei ich wohin genau verschieben soll?Denn es heißt ja im Normalfall,wenn es klappt die Datei msgstore.plain.db in den Whatsapp Ordner auf dem Handy kopieren und in msgstore.db umbenennen,jedoch wenn ich
whatsapp_xtract_android_crypted.bat
ausführe, entsteht ja der oben in rot angezeigte Fehler und die msgstore.plain.db Datei ensteht auch mit genau der gleichen Dateigröße wie die msgstore.db.crypt Datei.Nun als ich Whatsapp wieder installiert habe, fragte es mich,ob ich den Verlauf wiederherstellen will,ich bestätigte und es zeigte an,dass es Nachrichten wiederherstellt,jedoch waren keine Verläufe da und alles war weg.
Ich hoffe ihr habt verstanden was ich meine und hoffe, dass ihr mir helfen könnt, das wäre echt lieb.

Noch ein kleiner Nachtrag,wenn ich diese Befehle ausführe
ensteht ja die msgstore_new.db Datei und die ist nur minimal kleiner als die msgstore.db oder msgstore.plain.db Datei und die ist ja dann die reparierete Datei oder? Und durch sie kann ich den Inhalt auf dem PC sehen und so erhalte ich ja auch die msgstore.db als HTML Datei. Müsste ich diese Datei umbennen und irgendwohin kopieren oder was muss ich jetzt genau machen,damit Whatsapp die Backup Datei wirklich richtig erkennt und die Nachrichten tatsächlich wiederherstellt?
Zur Zeit ist Whatsapp installiert,müsste ich es deinstallieren und vorher noch irgendwas sichern oder kopieren?
Vielen lieben Dank im Vorraus

This is an international forum.
I understand german, but me (and maybe some others) will not answer you, if you don't even try to write english.
If everyone posts in his native language, this thread will soon be a mess.
Get help by some friend (good) or try the google translator (worse)

Dieses Forum ist international
Ich verstehe deutsch, aber ich (und evtl. einige Andere) werden nicht antworten, wenn du nichmal versuchst, englisch zu schreiben.
Wenn jeder hier in seiner eigenen Sprache schreibt, wird dieser Thread ein Chaos.
Lass dir von einem Freund helfen (gut) oder versuche den Google Translator (schlechter).
12th March 2013, 02:17 AM |#511  

More
hi all i face the same problem and here is my screenshot for the same :

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztedd

This looks like PyCrypto is not correctly installed.
Which versions of
- windows/linux/.. (I assume windows)
- ActivePython
Do you have?

Please download the newest archive, extract and then run install pyCrypto.bat again.

Now the window will stay open after executing the install commands. Make a screenshot of what it shows.

Then start whatsapp_xtract_console.bat
there you type:
python
then hit Enter. Then python shows something, then you type:
from Crypto.Cipher import AES

Make a screenshot of this as well. Send the screenshots here.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	python.jpg
Views:	540
Size:	178.4 KB
ID:	1798194  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)