[Recovery] [07-Jan-2011] RA-passion-v2.2.1

1,295 posts
Thanks Meter: 403

By Amon_RA, Retired Senior Recognized Developer on 5th January 2010, 12:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th June 2010, 10:35 PM |#1001  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Does anyone know how I can convert a ext4 partition into a ext3 partition? Sorry if this is a newbie question...

22nd June 2010, 01:06 PM |#1002  
Flag São Paulo
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Help please
Sorry if i´m too noob but I have a nexus for almost one month and cant install amon ra recovery and so.

I already have unlocked the bootloader, updated to froyo test release (FRF50) and rooted it with paul´s superboot.

I have sucess to install amon ra recovery via fastboot or terminal BUT I always come to stock recovery.

Amon Ra said in big red letters:

Check if there's no /system/etc/install-recovery.sh script if you keep booting back in the stock recovery (exclamation mark with a little Android).

Ok, I have this file but please someone help me how to delete it!!! No sucess in terminal ( su -> rm /system/etc/install-recovery.sh -> file read-only).

I´m looking to some help about how to remove this damn file. thx!
22nd June 2010, 01:57 PM |#1003  

More
Before the "rm" command you have to "remount" your device to have read/write permission:

adb remount
rm /system/etc/install-recovery.sh
22nd June 2010, 03:10 PM |#1004  

More
Re: [Recovery] [30-May-2010] RA-nexus-v1.7.0.1
Sir you are a king amongst men. Thank you for this info.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
22nd June 2010, 04:50 PM |#1005  
Flag São Paulo

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmusso

Before the "rm" command you have to "remount" your device to have read/write permission:

adb remount
rm /system/etc/install-recovery.sh

First thanks for the fast reply.

To start i tried the command in debug mode and i got operation not permitted at remount. Its ok, system is booted, lets try in recovery mode.

For some strange reason adb dont respond in recovery mode. No devices attached it says. I will try in another computer later.
22nd June 2010, 10:30 PM |#1006  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flitzjoy

First thanks for the fast reply.

To start i tried the command in debug mode and i got operation not permitted at remount. Its ok, system is booted, lets try in recovery mode.

For some strange reason adb dont respond in recovery mode. No devices attached it says. I will try in another computer later.

Recovery mode doesn't have USB debugging enabled for some reason. Boot regular and then do this:

Code:
adb shell
$ su
# mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
You should now be able to delete the update.sh following the previous instructions. No "adb remount" needed.
22nd June 2010, 11:26 PM |#1007  
Flag São Paulo

More
giovannizero you are my hero!
24th June 2010, 09:11 AM |#1008  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Bump for great glory! Why isn't this thread a STICKY?!
24th June 2010, 10:19 AM |#1009  

More
Just wanted to thank you very much for the help in this thread.

Removing the file made everything work.
24th June 2010, 04:04 PM |#1010  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Ext 4 Backup
Can you please provide support for nandroid + ext4 backup. When i do a nandroid + ext backup the ext archive is empty. Thanks!
25th June 2010, 07:22 PM |#1011  

More
please help me newbie!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by roberto188

Can you please provide support for nandroid + ext4 backup. When i do a nandroid + ext backup the ext archive is empty. Thanks!

I have tried all the instructions here for 2 months now! but i was never successful and i don't know the problem i have finished unlocking and rooting my phone but isntalling this AMON recovery is paining me! help me please. it is not installing i keep coming back to an android logo with exclamation point what does it mean?? please!...and i don't know if my computer sees my phone i am using a mac. help me i am crying now!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)