[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 11 Nightlies / Releases [EOL]

Search This thread

CedArctic

Jun 11, 2012
YEAH CM11. You and randomblame rock ;) . And now I don't need to build a kk device tree ;) Thanks for all Musta ;)

Reactions: Djsam92

Mustaavalkosta

Dec 25, 2010
Tampere
opendesireproject.org
I'm install this room. Anwesome! . This room don't has sweep2sleep. I' very like it.:laugh:

It does but there's no settings for it (yet). I suppose CM is in the process of adding back all the toys.

Great job Mustaavalkosta, you got this out the door quick.

Mostly thanks to randomblame for giving me the clue for last missing piece of my puzzle. :)

Perfect.

Only two questions:
- there is a torch issue - it is not working on max power- does torch fix from cm 10.1 can fix it?

- it is a cosmetic but i will ask - you know why statusbar is not trnsparent?

Sent from my Desire HD using xda app-developers app

- Possibly it can but I haven't tested. I try to remember to check if it's possible to include the previous torch fix in the next nightly build.
- Good question. IIRC, it was transparent earlier yesterday.

General:
We are currently missing hwcomposer.msm7x30.so because with that blob in the rom surfaceflinger goes mad and it dives into crash loop. Need to figure this out and then see which graphic issues were caused missing blob and which may need some other fixes.

evronetwork

Jan 19, 2012
North
Downloading now :good:

I'd recommend Mustaavalkosta to put the "Working" "Non working" stuff at first post, just so we know what works and what's not ;)

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

I have recoveried that, but still not working.

I use android optimization, to move apps to sdcard, and kill the processings,and it can not gain the permission.

I've had same issues with randomblame's rom

selimozbas

Aug 4, 2011
I changed dalvik to art but I received error "com.android.phone" at startup :( How to solve it

matroihanoi

May 6, 2011
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 (2021)
Xposed module not working with Kitkat 4.4

So i hope mr Mustakova bring the option to set transparent Status bar and Quick Setting back ground.

It will my DHD's display felling bigger :D

Thanks to mr Muss...

matroihanoi

May 6, 2011
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 (2021)
Xposed module not working with Kitkat 4.4

So i hope mr Mustakova bring the option to set transparent Status bar and Quick Setting back ground.

It will my DHD's display felling bigger :D

Thanks to mr Muss...

evronetwork

Jan 19, 2012
North
Some apps that are working and tested by me and need SU permission(you may use some of them, all of them or none - I had them so I tested them):

- Adaway v2.8 (works and gets super user access - no problems)
- Lucky Patcher v3.1.5 + 3.7.0 (works and gets super user access - no problems)
- MyBackupPro v4.0.0 (works and gets super user access - no problems)

(I'll add more later on)

wlan doesn't seem to work with my access point(which is connected to a router of course), although it did worked at least once when I putted my account details but doesn't access google play now, it doesn't open any webpages with any browser that I've tried. I tried to put a static address ..that failed too. No internet connection to my phone :(. Also kitkat has this horrible thing of gray icon that doesn't inform you if an active internet connection is in place or not(luckily I'm typing this message from the same internet connection I'm trying to put my phone so I know that the internet is just fine)

Overall it seems a bit better version of 4.4 compared to randomblame's except the wifi part(trying to solve this)

EDIT: After a restart wifi works as expected, don't know what cause the trouble ..but hope it was something temporary and won't happen again

Multitouch has issues in this rom too at 4 points(I still believe it's a kernel problem)
Answer-Audio-Delay-Bug is FIXED!!!! oh dear I've been waiting so long for this :D
Led charging led seems to work as expected(it delays more or less ~1 second but I can live with it ahhahaah) - although I didn't test it thoroughly, I'll try testing it later a bit more

Last edited:

gabrielius12

Dec 30, 2012
Thank you, downloading to test. random question: if I have a sim card that came with the dongle for mobile internet for my laptop. Can I insert that sim to my phone and use data? Im asking because I did insert the sim card, I can call and write messages, but the internet is not working. Any ideas? Maybe I need some additional configuration?

R0yke

Jun 18, 2012
Oeteldonk
Hmm,
did a full wipe, format all partitions, exept sd card,
install rom,
install gapps

I get only FC's :confused:
Rom does not startup normally..

Going to do antoher wipe an reinstall.
:cool:

Again, it is getting further, only android.process.acore has stopped
Gapps hass stopped keeps looping between these two..
I can reboot now without puling the battery..

Installed it now without GAPPS.
Woks fine... ??

Last edited:

Mustaavalkosta

Dec 25, 2010
Tampere
opendesireproject.org
I'll do a new build tonight with at least fixes for non-transparent statusbar and Torch. I also reworked dhacker29's gapps-kk-20131113.zip package to not use set_metadata() / set_metadata_recursive() functions since those were only added recently and will make it available too since pa-gapps seem a bit bloated.

Statusbar issue was caused by display HAL updates that I did yesterday. I was checking if that would fix surfaceflinger but it didn't and apparently some update killed this new UI feature. I moved those updates to -wip branch and rolled back the repo.

Request:
If someone has too much time in their hands, I'd appreciate a comprehensive list of what's not working so I can add it to first or second post. Preferably issues that are more or less repeatable and are affecting all or most of the users. I don't need that list myself at the moment as I try to focus on fixing hwcomposer/surfaceflinger issue but that could help the fellow users to get some overall picture of the current issues.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    #include
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

General:
    These are UNOFFICIAL CM11.0 Kitkat Nightlies / Releases brought to you by Open Desire Project and TeamCodefire as a continuum to CM10 and 10.1 nightlies. Builds are generated automatically on every first Saturday of the month. Process starts around 10:30 PDT. If it fails, then there will be no build until the reason for failure is taken care of which can take time. Last 7 nightlies will be kept on the server. If you want a longer history of them, you are free to archive them yourself.

Thanks and credits:
    • Andromadus
    • CodeAuroraForum
    • CyanogenMod
    • BananaGranola
    • Epic Beard Men
    • eXistZ
    • Flemmard
    • Flinny
    • goo.im
    • Juansheng
    • paulb_nl
    • randomblame
    • synergye
    • TeamCodefire (for build server and hosting, priceless)
    • All the rest that have helped to construct these builds and develop software for ace directly or indirectly in the past.

Githubs:

Changelogs:

Installation instructions:
    1. Download Nightlies / Releases
    2. Download gapps from here
    3. Put the files on SD card
    4. Reboot to recovery
    5. Do factory reset (ie. format /system, /data, /cache, /sd-ext and /sdcard/.android_secure)
    6. Flash cm-11-YYYYMMDD-UNOFFICIAL-ace.zip
    7. Flash gapps zip
    8. Remember to flash boot.img via fastboot if you have S-ON
    9. Reboot and enjoy

Update instructions:
    1. Download Nightlies / Releases
    2. Put the file on SD card
    3. Reboot to recovery
    4. Flash cm-11-YYYYMMDD-UNOFFICIAL-ace.zip
    5. Remember to reflash boot.img via fastboot if you have S-ON
    6. No need to flash gapps as CM backuptool script should take care of them (results may vary depending on which gapps package you are using)
    7. Reboot and enjoy

InspireMod

Kernel
    • Source: github
    • Compiler: stock AOSP gcc-4.7
    • Branch: cm-11.0
    • Kernel Version: 3.0.101
    • defconfig: spade_defconfig

Donations:
    • For build server & hosting: codefi.re (use the donation button at the bottom of the page)
    • I don't really need your money right now but if you insist on donating to me I suggest you donate that money to EFF instead here: https://supporters.eff.org/donate

FAQ:
    Q: I tried to flash the ROM and got this:
    Code:
    Installing update...
    set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed
    E:Error in /sdcard/..path od ROM.zip
    (Status 7)
    Installation aborted.
    A: Update your recovery to one that is compatible with new recovery functions. See the list below.

Q: I've used HTC Dev unlock and flashed the rom but it won't boot. What should I do?
    A: You need to extract boot.img from the zip and flash it via fastboot. If you don't have fastboot executable anymore from flashing recovery, install Android SDK platform tools (Linux users should find it from distro's package management) and then reboot to bootloader, open command prompt and navigate to the location you extracted your boot.img and type:

Code:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img

You need to repeat this everytime you flash new version of this rom to ensure everything will work fluently as long as you have just basic HTC Dev unlock.

Q: Where are my developer and performance options?
    A: http://goo.gl/jpS8r

Q: Feature X doesn't work, let's make 1000 posts about it to annoy everyone.
    A: Please, dont. Use search and then use search again and only then report your problem with necessary logs. [Logcat guide, thanks to MusikMonk for the link]

Q: I hate you for not fixing this issue X!!!
    A: I love you too.

Q: How I can build CM11.0 myself?
    A: Setup a basic Android build environment.
    Code:
    mkdir cm11
    cd cm11/
    repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b cm-11.0
    mkdir -p .repo/local_manifests
    wget https://github.com/OpenDesireProject/android/raw/cm-11.0/local_manifest.xml -O .repo/local_manifests/cm_ace.xml
    repo sync
    cd vendor/cm/
    ./get-prebuilts
    cd ../../
    . build/envsetup.sh
    lunch cm_ace-userdebug
    mka bacon
    Once the build finishes you'll find your goods from out/target/product/ace/ directory.

Q: Something about something something something.
    A: Ask the guy/gal next to you.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 11 Nightlies / Releases [EOL], ROM for the HTC Desire HD

Contributors
    Mustaavalkosta, paulb_nl
    Source Code: https://github.com/OpenDesireProject

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: M12
    Beta Release Date: 2014-11-15

Created 2014-04-11
    Last Updated 2018-10-05
    Broken:
    http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/?id=3662#bugReporter

Download mirror content:
    • extras (various tools for specific situations)
      • dexopt-data-only-signed.zip (moves system app dalvik cache to data partition, #1)
      • format_devlog-signed.zip (formats /devlog partition, #1)
      • lowram-signed.zip (turns on low ram system property, #1)
      • QuickSearchBox-installer-signed.zip (installs AOSP search app, #1)
    • nightlies (a directory for nightly builds)
    • plus (a directory for plus builds, #1)
    • releases (a directory for release builds)
    Turns out camcorder is working now. I rebuilt qcom-media and video playing and recording works. I spent a lot of time trying to get it to work with ION and trying to add back other PMEM memory but finally I got the right one :p

https://github.com/paulb-nl/htc7x30-3.0/commits/cm-11.0-wip
    https://github.com/paulb-nl/android_hardware_qcom_media-legacy/commit/16ff8a6a2e3559bed6117239e645498a8d0d3692
    Now I'm off to bed. Workday tomorrow and damn it's 1:30 AM already. Please, don't cause thermonuclear wars while I sleep. kthxbye
    Proximity Recalibrator

So, I was hit by sudden inspiration to rework leppie's proximity recalibrator app to be a bit more up to the UI standards these days. While I was at it I refactored most of the code to be more readable, fixed some misc things etc. etc. and of course probably broke something so dead unicorns ahead once again. I will include this tool in the next nightly build as I see it as an extension to device settings so it's kind of natural part of the rom. If you want to hate me for adding 18kb of useless software you don't use, you are free to do so. I love you too.

I removed the old-looking zoom in/out widgets and just limited the seekbars between values 0 and 50. I haven't heard anyone going above 50 so max value 255 is a bit overkill. This way seekbar is actually usable.

Feedback is welcome as always.

Github: https://github.com/Mustaavalkosta/android_packages_apps_ProximityRecalibrator

Also pic because otherwise it didn't happen:
    gQ6y7ys.png