[Q] shutting down when bumpped

Search This thread

Morecrabs

Jan 11, 2014
Hi I just picked up this really nice looking photon q llate off amazon for a a decent sum, but found it has an odd problem. I want to sim card mod this unit but want to resolve these issues first, first problem is, phone shuts down if slider is closed too hard or phone gets a decent bump but not slammed it rreally doesn't take much force, second issue is I can't get it to stay in fast boot long enough to unlock the boot loader any suggestions? Comments or filthy remarks? The flithy remarks bit is rhetorical :D any help would be appreciated

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
Sounds like a hardware issue on the kb slider...

As for the bootloader problem - you put the phone in fastboot mode and it doesn't stay in fastboot mode? Also sounds like something deeply wrong with the device, I'm not even sure where to start with that issue.

Morecrabs

Jan 11, 2014
I diassembled the entire phone and will probably end up replacing the ribbon slider I placed a ppeace of electrical take to prevent the tape from touching the medal case when closing now I can slide the KB gently and it don't shutdown the battery was removed previously that antenna looking item on the back of the battery ? What is that device a battery temp sensor?

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
I diassembled the entire phone and will probably end up replacing the ribbon slider I placed a ppeace of electrical take to prevent the tape from touching the medal case when closing now I can slide the KB gently and it don't shutdown the battery was removed previously that antenna looking item on the back of the battery ? What is that device a battery temp sensor?

The NFC is a 'sticker' almost as I understand it, attached to the battery. If this is removed, I do not believe NFC will function properly.

Morecrabs

Jan 11, 2014
Could poor contact to this NFC be causing my shutoff issues? The contacts look a bit abused but was hesitant to attempt to do anything with it till iI knew what is was would u mind elaborating on the NFC acronym? Never mind I answered my own question regarding the NFC item

as for the fast boot issues it will auto select whatever option i have highlighted if i stop scrolling

Last edited:

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Could poor contact to this NFC be causing my shutoff issues? The contacts look a bit abused but was hesitant to attempt to do anything with it till iI knew what is was would u mind elaborating on the NFC acronym?

Near Field Communication... Google it.

I doubt this would have any issue with your issues tho, just would cause issues using NFC.

Morecrabs

Jan 11, 2014
this is the first phone ive had with that feature, so if thats not my issue perhaps a tear in the battery cable anyone with indepth fastboot knowledge ever seen it auto select, it does not have a stuck key, as it doesnt automatically change the volumes when the phone is actually on, is their a error reporting system for stuck keys?

Morecrabs

Jan 11, 2014
Solved the above issues, Need help unlocking This unit is From sprint, but Motorola website sez this unit isnt eligible for unlock ?? what gives?

9900020005210600#544136393530314E533400000000000000000000#933FA2211913F08C5E0AC2512C28445DC10026DE#B4E6D500020021000000000000000000

this is the dump that i get from the command prompt perhaps i am doing this wrong?

Last edited: