cant filter my sim contacts in WM6.. anyyone have a solution?

Search This thread

reznor9

Jan 23, 2007
I like to have all my contacts saved onto my phone so I can add pictures and other info to the contact infromation that it doesnt allow you to do if it is just on the sim card... I also like to keep all my contacts on my sim card in case the phone crashes and I need to pull the sim and switch phones.. here is my problem. Since I have my contacts on both my phone and my sim, they show duplicates in the contacts list. Is there any way to filter out the sim card contacts so I dont have 2 of everyone(1 on phone, 1 on sim)??
fyi: Im using WM6 vanila

papamopps

Retired Moderator
Mar 16, 2006
Cologne
Try this

I think it inserts a registry hack called "ShowSim" to 0.

I don´t remember, where to edit it by your own, so use this cab-file.

Or use Sktools :) - OK I like the program.

Attachments

• hide_sim.cab
    1 KB · Views: 1,420
Last edited:

trojan9x

Feb 28, 2006
Go to
HKCU/Control Panel/Phone

ShowSim "1" will show the sim contacts "0" will hide sim contacts

No Quotes

sciron

Mar 2, 2006
going a little further...

to go a little further... when i send a text message, both names come up. any one got a fix for that?

tia

nishv

Jul 22, 2006
When you change the registry and reset the phone it somehow reverts back... Any idea how I can sort this out?

RStein

Sep 22, 2004
Hide SIM contacts

My simple program which change registry value after Soft Rest (precisely speaking one minute after SR). Install cab - thats all

Enjoy

Attachments

• Rstein.HideSimInstall.CAB
    65.5 KB · Views: 921

moury

Jan 29, 2008
Turin
Hi, I'm new and I have the same problem with my HTC Touch Cruise. I have just tried to edit the registry changing the value 1 to 0 in the string HKEY_CURRENT_USER / Control Panel / Phone but nothing.......after the soft reset the contacts are always visible.
Rstein.HideSimInstall.CAB or hide_sim.cab would resolve my problem?
Thanks and have a nice day

oecheazu

Jan 16, 2008
hello..wanted to know if the show sim cab works for the htc wizard...and if so can you give me directions on how i can go about using it to disable the sim. thanks

RStein

Sep 22, 2004
oechazu: Probably Yes:
Only install cab to Your device - no another action required. Keep it simple and stupid rule:)

mmduluth

Jun 1, 2008
Atlanta, GA
My simple program which change registry value after Soft Rest (precisely speaking one minute after SR). Install cab - thats all

Enjoy

Ok so I used your cab file and everything worked except now I want my SIM contacts to show so I can't figure out how to do it. I uninstalled the .cab file and deleted everything that had anyting to do with it and still can't get my SIM contacts to show back up. Any suggestions? Thanks.

d_preston215

Jun 29, 2007
How can we go about making a .cab file that shows the SIM contacts then?

Is this just a simple registry tweak that we can do?