Google Car Home

Search This thread

ViViDboarder

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2010
San Francisco, CA
Launching Car Home as an Activity not using the Launcher APK works well.

Totally digging the launch when connected to specific bluetooth devices!

I'm noticing though that when I exit it to go back to ADW I get the helicopter view of all my screens instead of just going back to my home screen.

When I use the Car Home Launcher APK it works just fine.

Argent36

Jun 9, 2010
Canton - Michigan
FYI - I was able to find it and install/update it in the market on my Incredible running IncDoes MIUI v0.3 and it shows in my app drawer in Launcher Pro

motli

Nov 25, 2010
GoogleCarHome

CyanogenMod CarHome Instructions

Car home contains two components, the activity (this is the app we're updating) and the launcher. The activity contains the guts of the program, but the Launcher allows it to show up in the app drawer.

If you're using CM6, you have CarHomeLauncher.apk already in system/app and just need to install the com.google.android.carhome-1.apk file. If you are not using CM6, then you may need to install both the Launcher and the carhome apk if the carhome app doesn't show up in the app drawer.

adb remount
adb shell
mv /system/app/CarHomeGoogle.apk CarHomeGoogle.apk.bak

install attached apks. Let me know if there's issues.

As an aside, both LauncherPro and ADW have the capabilities to create shortcuts for activities, bypassing the need of the Launcher, but it still will not show up in the drawer.

Many thanks. works like a charm on my desire with MIUI-au_0.11.19.

BenEadir

Jul 27, 2010
Hi Guys,

I'm running Darky's ROM 9.2 and downloaded the two APK's but when I try to install them I get the following error message "No application can be found to open this file".

I've downloaded and opened other APK's so not sure what the problem with these two can be?

Thoughts anyone?

Ben

tdiman said:
Car home contains two components, the activity (this is the app we're updating) and the launcher. The activity contains the guts of the program, but the Launcher allows it to show up in the app drawer.
I don't like the Google Car Home app very much (IIRC it's unsupported by Google), but the Car Launcher will work with any dock app you like. Just add the Car Home icon to your phone desktop if you don't have a physical car dock to auto-launch it, then select your default dock app when running for the first time. My choice is Custom Car Home. Simple and it works and nothing flashy.

I spent ages trying to find this thread again and only then did I realise the Launcher was still in my Downloads folder where it had been since I downloaded it months earlier. :rolleyes: Thanks for posting it! :)

(Desire, Android 2.2, not rooted, UK T-mobile stock/branded)

Last edited:

tripleintegral

Nov 13, 2010
Ahmedabad

If you're using CM6, you have CarHomeLauncher.apk already in system/app and just need to install the com.google.android.carhome-1.apk file. If you are not using CM6, then you may need to install both the Launcher and the carhome apk if the carhome app doesn't show up in the app drawer.

adb remount
adb shell

As an aside, both LauncherPro and ADW have the capabilities to create shortcuts for activities, bypassing the need of the Launcher, but it still will not show up in the drawer.

I am on Bi-Winning V3 on the Samsung Vibrant and was looking everywhere for this. Surprisingly, the two files work flawlessly. Thanks!!!

Lothaen

Jun 4, 2010
plus.google.com
ah i found it...

carhome 2.2.1.4 (still needs launcher though from this thread)

not sure what has been updated though!

i also ended up swapping voice search -> voice dialler - found it worked much better with BT headset too (hold down 2 seconds for voice dial)

Attachments

• com.google.android.CarHome.v.2.2.1.4.apk
    571.6 KB · Views: 496
Reactions: cmlusco and i8qbert

i8qbert

Mar 5, 2011
ah i found it...

i also ended up swapping voice search -> voice dialler - found it worked much better with BT headset too (hold down 2 seconds for voice dial)

Thanks!

10char

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

adb remount
    adb shell

ah i found it...

Where is the information that shows this is a product made by google?