[DEV][THE S-OFF CAMPAIGN] We need electrical engineers & experts in JTAG, OpenOCD!

Search This thread

akshayf

Jun 17, 2011
Time to just throw this phone away and never ever touch an HTC again.

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA App which costs money.

Mazer.one

Jul 18, 2010
Je regrette vraiment mon hd2 ...

Sniff :(

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using XDA App

Last edited:
H

Henry_1

Wow guys, not so fast! :eek::eek:
It's not because this thread has moved that development is dead! ;)
Other phones have moved also, like htc chacha, galaxy ace, hero ...

I would bet when there was a software unlock, you would become back immediately!
Rom development is growing, theme support also (thanks to me). Even CM7 is here! Jikanturu left, but others went over here. Alquez is still going strong :p

Just get that xtc clip! Use ebay, the official site or other ways!

Some help for the lazy person, hit thanks!

My WFS is such a super smartphone, even a friend said it. :cool:
According to him, the screen is gorgeous, 10 times better than original wildfire.
And he has a desire s!

For all that sell or throw away this device because of the message:
you shouldn't be here, you had enough money to buy a higher end smartphone before!!

Last edited:

m4rk84

May 30, 2010
Wow guys, not so fast! :eek::eek:
It's not because this thread has moved that development is dead! ;)
Other phones have moved also, like htc chacha, galaxy ace, hero ...

I would bet when there was a software unlock, you would become back immediately!
Rom development is growing, theme support also (thanks to me). Even CM7 is here! Jikanturu left, but others went over here. Alquez is still going strong :p

Just get that xtc clip! Use ebay, the official site or other ways!

My WFS is such a super smartphone, even a friend said it. :cool:
According to him, the screen is gorgeous, 10 times better than original wildfire.
And he has a desire s!

For all that sell or throw away this device because of the message:
you shouldn't be here, you had enough money to buy a higher end smartphone before!!

Listen to this guy! I paid twenty quid to get my WFS unlocked in a phone unlocking shop, they used an xtc clip and made it s-off in the process. It cost £20. Hardly breaking the bank, and think of the hassle it will save you compared to having to sell your device and find another 'cheap' smart phone with a good dev scene. So what if Jikanturu left the scene? The rom's he posted were solid.

WFS is a nice handset. Good luck getting a software s-off.

Aef 101

Sep 1, 2011
This is pretty **** no doubt, but it's not the end of the wildfire S. I never use the main plate forum to visit this place anyway, it's bookmarked. As is for all of you I'm sure. :)

Too right, I wouldn't have known if it wasn't reported in here, bookmarks are the way to avoid trawling through crap.

Sent via Tapatalk

H

Henry_1

And a post here also!

For s-off you need xtc clip!

An xtc clib buy group with 25 pages is in my signature, just click on it and search your country!

Hit thanks if I helped you!

No.12

Aug 14, 2011

No use of bumping.
We are not on the first page of Portal, transferred to old devices. Nobody visit this forum except us, the WS users, and it looks like there is not enough qualified persons among us who know how to solve this problem.

Sent from HTC

*se-nsei.

Sep 28, 2011
London
No use of bumping.
We are not on the first page of Portal, transferred to old devices. Nobody visit this forum except us, the WS users, and it looks like there is not enough qualified persons among us who know how to solve this problem.

Sent from HTC
It still comes up on search, and new posts button.

m4rk84

May 30, 2010
£20 is what it cost. Simple. And I know the guy can do it. Another tried to charge £30 just to unlock. Robbery. Regardless, £20 to be able to stop pining for s-off and have more space, speed and fun. I know its the principal of the matter..but screw it, enjoy your hand set to its full potential ....

Sent XDA App

d33ps1x

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
3 little things...

£20 is what it cost. Simple. And I know the guy can do it. Another tried to charge £30 just to unlock. Robbery. Regardless, £20 to be able to stop pining for s-off and have more space, speed and fun. I know its the principal of the matter..but screw it, enjoy your hand set to its full potential ....

Sent XDA App
Totally agree.

We need two things to keep this development and forum alive:

Well three.

1/ Stop obsessing over HTC's unlocked bootloader. We need FULL S-OFF and SIM card unlock
2/ Shake out your pockets and get your devices XTC-Clipped. For the cost of it vs the effort put into moaning about it. What is YOUR time worth? I know mine is worth more than the time I spent trying to software S-OFF this thing. If it happens great! Until then we need a bunch of S-OFF'd phones and developers to not be relegated to the boneyard.
3/Focus on what we CAN change soonest. Getting back on the main forums. This is the most likely thing to happen with the least effort to keep us current and visible to other WFS users and developers looking for a home.

So get through wasting time on item 1, spend some money on item 2 and let's all work on petitioning for item 3.

So check out the threads in my signature and find your local XTC Clip owner and let's get this forum moving.

Thanks to all those still making development efforts and efforts to raise awareness of this great little phone that could.

Cheers.

B

Reactions: MrTaco505

Top Liked Posts