[30 OCT 2012][DEV] NativeSD Rom Boot Script for HD2

Search This thread

jjblaster3

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 4, 2009
when flashing kernel or fixs or other types of zips using the recovery, do the zips need to be modified in some way special for the nativesd rom?
consider the scenario that one has two roms, one in nand and the other in ext, how will the recovery know where we want to install it to?

Xylograph

Sep 2, 2009
If i only restart my phone, it will boot NAND and not nativesd (sboot).

i dont know if this is possible

Maybe ask for this kind of functionality @ cLK thread ?

With this method (NativeSD) should I restart my phone three times after first boot? CLK AOKPv2

Nope.. not needed.

when flashing kernel or fixs or other types of zips using the recovery, do the zips need to be modified in some way special for the nativesd rom?
consider the scenario that one has two roms, one in nand and the other in ext, how will the recovery know where we want to install it to?

Yes, all flashable files for NAND will need modifications to mount the sd-ext/rom/system instead of the yaffs2/system..

For now the only 'simple' solutions I can think of is to insert all modification into the rom.zip before flashing or flash the rom with all modifications again..sd-ext install will only wipe the sd-ext/rom/system and sd-ext/data/dalvic-cache folder so in theory you won't lose anything doing that..

If the flashable file doesn't contain any weird permission setting stuff one could also easily unzip the flashable.zip.. go into recovery, mount sd-ext, use QtADB to push the files to the right folders.. reboot and go.

Reactions: clio94

onlinegames

Feb 27, 2012
Pune
Is FAT 32 partition required at all?

Hi,

My current partition info. is 7.5GB FAT || 7.5GB WP7. I plan to retain the WP7 partition as is but would like to know if I can simply convert the existing FAT partition to a EXT4 partition and use that to boot the NativeSD ROMs.

[Edit] - Just realized files cannot be copied from the laptop to the SD card if the partition is EXT4. There needs to be a FAT partition to hold the ROM/Recovery files.

Last edited:

giovanne

Jul 18, 2009
IMHO random r/w is most important, good example is my Toshiba micro SD hc class 4, it have sequential read of 17mbs and write 5 Mbs, but it sux badly in random r/w and even when using a2sd script lags awful.
Random r/w can be significantly different even when 2 different manufacturer SD card on paper looks almost identical.

you are right, therefore was my question in the beginning of this thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=31127127&postcount=54

In there is although the link to the sd card discussion http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1150369
and that was the reason why I have the Sandisk 32GD Class 4.

But at the moment - from my personal feeling using the phone - I have the feeling the second tested Class 6 card is faster for me.
CrystalDisk for that card - random speed is not so good as for the Class 4 Sandisk:
Transcent Class 4 - 8 GB:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sequential Read : 16.129 MB/s
Sequential Write : 5.953 MB/s
Random Read 512KB : 16.232 MB/s
Random Write 512KB : 0.845 MB/s
Random Read 4KB (QD=1) : 2.002 MB/s [ 488.8 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=1) : 0.304 MB/s [ 74.2 IOPS]
Random Read 4KB (QD=32) : 2.026 MB/s [ 494.6 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=32) : 0.299 MB/s [ 73.0 IOPS]

But maybe my feeling is wrong :confused:

Keep on testing ... :eek:

Edit: I think I need a different card with more space. 8GB is not enough. No space left for music :(
I haven't a Class 10 MicroSD for testing :(
Think have to wait for some test from others...

Edit: Topic "Battery Drain"
- seems to be OK for me, espacially in Standby compared to my Nand PA1922 it is the same and goes down to the minimun from 2mA.
- I will have a look for it tomorrow in daily use compared to the Nand version

Last edited:

jjblaster3

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 4, 2009
Boots and works fine for me from Magldr SD Boot.. Anyone else having problems with the Touch recovery found @ 1st post ?

thats weird.. using magldr sd boot as well, just that i rename my folder to ics for it to initialize in magldr (as you know, keys problem)
the thing is as it boots, the htc logo comes up and then after that it reboots.. i even tried cwm touch recovery and the same thing happens, it just reboots after loading kernel.
however if i try any non-touch based recovery (such as the old twrp, cwm or 4ext) they work.. maybe i need to format my sd card and try?

Edit:
low level formatting didnt help :( back to old version of twrp

Last edited:

Bib_x

Oct 10, 2007
Please can someone tell me, how to disable journaling on ext4 partition? Will this speed up my nativesd installation?

clio94

Jan 17, 2007
Kozani
Ι found out that with clk v1.5.0.x from kokotas we can make triple boot !!
After we make the sboot partition in clk--->settings appears add tboot
I tried it and now i have in main clk screen boot,sboot,tboot
In boot-->nand i have nexushd2 v2.7,sboot paranoid v1.992 and tboot aokp v2 n409.I flashed tboot partition via fastboot method that rick1995 describes here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1114053 in the section boot from sd card.I copied in sdcard Aokp folder and in pc in the fastboot folder i copied zimage and initrd.gz from aokp folder,Then i gave the command
fastboot -c "rel_path=AOKP nand_boot=0" -b 0x11800000 flash:raw tboot zImage initrd.gz
and it boots ok.All the roms work perfect

Last edited:
Reactions: Xylograph

djxcee

Oct 2, 2010
Using this on a class 10 64gb SanDisk and its made my hd2 feel like a faster phone.

Will report back with results later.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using xda premium

ictimai

Apr 20, 2012
IMHO random r/w is most important
OK, but isnt't so called alignment anything to do with felt SD efficiency? I've asked the question 3 times aleady here but all people ignore them :( So, what's up? Are modern SD cards designed in a way the question has gotten already totally transparent for users? Or maybe does the latest partitioning software take the whole care of aligning? Please address both sorts of alignment of: partitions and filesystems... Thx in advance.

Faith_G

Sep 27, 2011
Using a 4ext partition was a must for me. I tried with the 3ext partition that cwr makes, but the ROM ran slower than on NAND. I converted to 4ext partition, re installed the ROM, and now it works awesome! Polaroid class 10 32GB SD card.

ictimai

Apr 20, 2012
OK, but please once again the question: should we bother with the partitioning/formatting aligment at all? Perhaps all presently purchased SD card do address translation or sth similar so the whole problem seems outdated, don't they? If not then it'd seem of the great importance for NativeSD - so why doesn't anybody take stands on it here?

c1cl0n

Jan 30, 2010
Thanks securecrt, Xylograph, clio94, Phoenix, LNE team and all@xda
ROM is very fast and smooth
Mobile data ... [OK]
WiFi ... [OK]
Root access ... [OK]
Market ... [OK]
GPS ... [OK]
Games ... [OK]
... everything fine, thank you for respect work
:eek:

One question - Now I have 2 partition on my sdcard (FAT16 as visible & EXT4 as NativePA)
If I will install new ROM to EXT4 (via Recovery folder on sdcard), is my current NativePA will be overwite or new ROM will established close?
:confused:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-09-07-08-05-27.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-09-07-08-05-27.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 204
  • Screenshot_2012-09-07-08-06-34.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-09-07-08-06-34.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 205
  • Screenshot_2012-09-07-08-06-55.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-09-07-08-06-55.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 202

maneken25

Oct 21, 2010
Using a 4ext partition was a must for me. I tried with the 3ext partition that cwr makes, but the ROM ran slower than on NAND. I converted to 4ext partition, re installed the ROM, and now it works awesome! Polaroid class 10 32GB SD card.

Can you make cristalmark test and post results about your SD card, ty in advance.

Dhruna

Jan 7, 2012
Pune
Xolygraph,

I just wanted to confirmation about 2nd post is that , If I want to use PA 1.5b with NativeSD boot, I have to simply copy the content of NAND ROM's Zip as mentioned in the Sample to make it bootable ?

Thanks.

Xylograph

Sep 2, 2009
Ι found out that with clk v1.5.0.x from kokotas we can make triple boot !!
After we make the sboot partition in clk--->settings appears add tboot
I tried it and now i have in main clk screen boot,sboot,tboot
In boot-->nand i have nexushd2 v2.7,sboot paranoid v1.992 and tboot aokp v2 n409.I flashed tboot partition via fastboot method that rick1995 describes here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1114053 in the section boot from sd card.I copied in sdcard Aokp folder and in pc in the fastboot folder i copied zimage and initrd.gz from aokp folder,Then i gave the command
fastboot -c "rel_path=AOKP nand_boot=0" -b 0x11800000 flash:raw tboot zImage initrd.gz
and it boots ok.All the roms work perfect

Thanks for helping the cLK users m8 !

Btw.. I have found the issue with ADB 'not working' ... It is actually working just fine.. it's just not running when the ROM is started..

If you boot up the NativeSD ROM and plug in the usb cable when you see the bootanimation you'll have adb connection.. however when the ROM starts.. it stops the ADB running.

I think it's related to the NativeSD ramdisk so I will have a closer look at it asap..

For now just download this simple app and push the 'Enable ADB' button and you'll have it running :)

OK, but isnt't so called alignment anything to do with felt SD efficiency? I've asked the question 3 times aleady here but all people ignore them :( So, what's up? Are modern SD cards designed in a way the question has gotten already totally transparent for users? Or maybe does the latest partitioning software take the whole care of aligning? Please address both sorts of alignment of: partitions and filesystems... Thx in advance.

OK, but please once again the question: should we bother with the partitioning/formatting aligment at all? Perhaps all presently purchased SD card do address translation or sth similar so the whole problem seems outdated, don't they? If not then it'd seem of the great importance for NativeSD - so why doesn't anybody take stands on it here?

I didn't answer your question, because I think all the 'aligning/journaling/formatting' stuff is behind my knowledge...

I use 4EXT recovery which tells me after formatting my sd card partitions are perfectly alligned and I am fine with that.. It works great.. don't get to deep into it if it works fine..

However.. securecrt know a lot about this and I am sure he will give you some more details about all that stuff, but he is very busy with real-life atm so just be patient..

Here are 3 links securecrt gave me with more about that stuff, maybe you can read it while waiting for your answer :)

link 1
link 2
link 3

One question - Now I have 2 partition on my sdcard (FAT16 as visible & EXT4 as NativePA)
If I will install new ROM to EXT4 (via Recovery folder on sdcard), is my current NativePA will be overwite or new ROM will established close?
:confused:

When you install a different ROM it will get a new folder on your sd-ext partition..
Your previous rom will remain untouched..

That's why you can install mutiple roms on your SD-EXT and boot the one you would like to run ;)

If you update PA to a newer version, your PA system folder will be wiped and updated and only the dalvic-cache will be deleted..

Xolygraph,

I just wanted to confirmation about 2nd post is that , If I want to use PA 1.5b with NativeSD boot, I have to simply copy the content of NAND ROM's Zip as mentioned in the Sample to make it bootable ?

Thanks.

No, it's just an example.. I will port PA ICS when I find the time for it..

HypoTurtle

May 5, 2011
Haven't seen any scripts posted yet, so here you go. A couple of simple ones to switch which ROM is booted, use with scripter/gscript/terminal etc. and add a widget to the home screen for easy access.

Can't upload .sh's so you may need to change the extension.

Last edited:

pakure

Sep 22, 2009
HYDERABAD
Hi..xylo...using the aokp version..i dont have 'google now'...has it been removed?

Also can the cpu tweak be made to set up on boot. ...?...it is presently resetting to default on reboot

Otherwise...super concept...never had an sd so fast

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

kanoej

Feb 7, 2009
can someone plz explain in detail the steps of how to install xylo's paranoid android leo beta v2.00 via magldr and also using native rom sd boot script.
i and others like me will be grateful.
i tried w/ lil success with running into 1 issue or another. so please a comprehensive single guide would absolutely be appreciated.

HypoTurtle

May 5, 2011
Hi..xylo...using the aokp version..i dont have 'google now'...has it been removed?

Also can the cpu tweak be made to set up on boot. ...?...it is presently resetting to default on reboot

Otherwise...super concept...never had an sd so fast

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk 2

Google now is working fine for me (long press - soft home or hard windows button)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is an idea to make the HD2 faster and fancy, I worked with Xylograph to make it more usable and easy to implement by common users.

Index

• Post 1 Introduction
    • Post 2 ROMs, Scripts, Installer template for Devs by Xylograph
    • Post 3 Q&A

Introduction
    We have SD ROMs for very long time, but I think most of the people should agree with me that the SD ROMs are slower than NAND ROMs. because the SD ROMs use system.ext4 and data.ext4 files to store all the ROM contant on the FAT partition, the IO access is the bottleneck.
    My Class10 SD card has 10MB/s R/W speed, but the NAND flash R/W speed is only about 4MB/s. so if we can directly install the ROMs to SDCARD and boot from SDCARD we will get lots of benifits:​

1. Faster Read/Write speed than NAND ROMs
    2. Bigger data partition for user space (depends on how big the ext4 partition on SDCARD)
    3. Install servel ROMs at the same time. and each ROM share the same space
    4. Muilt-boot support, easy to switch between the ROMs been installed.

The NativeSD Rom is a new kind of ROM it needs an ext4 partition on your SDCARD.

This thread will tell you how to install a ROM to SDCARD and give some script templates for ROM Devs to make the ROM installer which can support install the ROM to NAND flash or SD/EXT4.

Install the ROM to SD/EXT4 will not effact the ROM(WM or Android) on NAND flash, NativeSD should support run from MAGLDR CLK or WM6.5(need test).

Important Notes:
    Backup all the SDCARD content to PC before you create the ext4 partition on SDCARD.

Change Log:

05-09-2012 @2nd Post [05-09-2012] NativeSD Dual Installer v2 [nand/sdext][wip]
    10-09-2012 Add NativeSD CM7 script template
    13-09-2012 nativeSDMultiBoot Version4 Credits to datagr
    20-09-2012 nativeSDMultiBoot Version5 Credits to datagr
    26-09-2012 nativeSDMultiBoot Version6 Credits to datagr
    30-10-2012 nativeSDMultiBoot Version9 Credits to datagr
    30-10-2012 New initrd mod for NativeSD Credits to marco.palumbi
    [05-09-2012] NativeSD Dual Installer v2 [nand/sdext][wip]

2it2dk0.jpg

NativeSD Dual Installer v2

Keep in mind that this is a work in progress featuring a possibility to run a full nand rom on a SD-EXT partition..

Please check my current AOKP & PA jellybean ROMS or CM9ight ICS ROM for some 'NativeSD functionality' in action

Features:

• Compatible with every bootloader and stock OS
    • Recovery package for users without Android on nand

Pre-Installation Requirements and recommendations:

• HTC HD2 Phone
    • Sdcard with enough free space (performance may differ based on the quality of your card)
    • 4EXT Recovery (Highly recommended)
    • Primary Fat32 partition and Primary EXT4 partition

Downloads : (Please do not mirror stuff)
    • Download 4EXT Recovery from here.
      Pick the SD version if you would like to boot 4EXT Recovery from SD (unpack to your sdcard)
      Pick the NAND version if you would like to flash the 4EXT Recovery on your NAND (flashable via recovery)
      Users with non-working hardware keys can try the various touch recoveries I've ported , though I highly recommend 4EXT recovery..
    • Dual_Installer_v2_example.zip (only for advanced users, unpack the contents to your computer)

Contents :

4EXTRecoverySD for users with no or a different recovery on nand:

Code:
    - Contains 4EXT Recovery ported for SD users.
    - Unpack to the root of your sdcard
    - Set your SD Boot to the Recovery folder or use clcad/haret to boot

4EXTRecoveryNAND for users who would like this recovery on nand:

Code:
    - Contains 4EXT Recovery for android NAND users
    - Flash it using DAF.exe (Magldr) cLK users can flash it using the HD2 toolkit

Dual Installer example Package (advanced users) :

Code:
    - Contains an example (not flashable!) of how I use this for my roms.
    - You can check all the stuff, folder structure and scripts.
    - I've tried to make the updater-script and aroma-config 'easy to read'
    - Placeholders with text on what to put where when porting stuff to NativeSD.

Installation Steps & Instructions:

Sdcard for NativeSD:

Code:
    1. First make sure you have at least 1 Fat32 partition and 1 EXT4 partition on your sdcard
    2. If you don't have these partitions ?? [B]backup your sdcard[/B][COLOR="Red"][B] , because everything will be wiped from your sdcard when you create partitions and format them ![/B][/COLOR]
    3a Use the [URL="http://goo.im/devs/Xylograph/Various/Recoveries"]provided 4EXT recovery (NAND or SD version)[/URL] to create the partitions and format them.
    3b If you rather use a computer for creating and formatting partitions keep in mind that both partitions [B]must[/B] be primary partitions (not logical)
    4. The recommended size of your EXT4 partition is depending on how many roms and apps you are going to install.. 512M is the minimal size..
    5. Restore/move the sdcard contents back to the Fat32 partition
    6. (WP7 users) make sure the EXT4 partition is located @ /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
       To check this mount your sd-ext partition in 4EXT recovery and use adb shell or QtADB shell and type [B]df[/B] 
    7. Your sdcard is now ready for NativeSD usage..

NativeSD Installation for Magldr NAND Android & WP7 users :

Code:
    1. WP7 and SD users set your SD BOOT directory to the 'Recovery' folder by choosing '10.services' , '1. Bootsettings' , 3. AD SD Dir in the Magldr menu.
    2. Boot into (NAND or SD) 4EXT recovery.
    3. Flash the ROM.zip package and follow instructions
    4. Set your SD BOOT directory to the 'NativeSD' folder after flashing the ROM (see step 1)
    5. Boot into the ROM and have fun..

NativeSD Installation for cLK NAND Android users : (thanks clio94)

Code:
    1. Copy the [URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?nhyausx0p5whu"]flash_bootv2.zip[/URL] to your sdcard.
    2. Boot into cLK and make a sboot partition.Be aware that only clk from kokotas allows to make a sboot partition directly from device
    3. Boot into recovery (4EXT recovery = recommended) and install rom by choosing sd-ext method
    4. After installation finishes,dont reboot, but install flash_sbootv2.zip and then reboot to cLK
    5. In cLK choose to boot from sboot and wait for the ROM to boot.
    6. If you are stuck on the boot animation,try to wipe your ext partition and install the ROM again.

NativeSD Installation for Windows Mobile and other OS users :

Code:
    1. Boot into recovery by executing the usual clcad and haret stuff inside the Recovery folder.
    2. Flash the ROM.zip package and follow instructions
    3. Reboot and boot the ROM by executing the usual clcad and haret stuff inside the NativeSD folder.

RMNET or PPP ??? summary :
    Code:
    - as of dual installer v2 you can choose your data connection during ROM installation
    - For Magldr users I recommend using the RMNET connection
    - For all other users I recommend using the PPP connection (default)
    - PPP connection should work for all users !

Switch between different NativeSD ROMS ?
    Code:
    - If you want to use a previously installed/other NativeSD ROM ?
    - Copy the contents of that roms folder found inside the NativeSD folder to the root of the NativeSD folder (overwriting the kernel+ramdisk)
    - Boot to sd and that ROM will boot !
    - Repeat the above steps when you want to switch again
    - In the future we want to make the above steps easier and possible with either a 'gscript' or an 'android app'

Previous Roms (Examples) featuring NativeSD and Dual Installer :

Code:
    - [URL="http://d-h.st/pFR"]PA_v1.992se_dual_installer_v2.zip[/URL]  -  [B][URL="http://tinyw.in/Xhft"]mirror[/URL][/B] (Flash via recovery) - md5: ce2138748c6b2cbc62848272acf92600
    - [URL="http://d-h.st/p33"]AOKP_N2408se_dual_installer.zip (Magldr only!)[/URL]  -  [B][URL="http://tinyw.in/clMS"]mirror[/URL][/B] (Flash via recovery) - md5: 6a116ad3eebb0f92729af6954f0a9217

*** all flashing is at your own risk ! Always make backups in recovery and/or titanium backup ! ***

*** This is a NativeSD thread ! Please, Keep this thread NativeSD related and report issues with roms in the rom thread !!! ***

Thanks & Credits to : securecrt, Phoenix, clio94, LNE team and everybody I forgot !
    Q&A

• How is the NativeSD ROM work?
    To boot the Android from SD card, the old SD ROMs mount the system.ext4 and data.ext4 before the init(rename to init.android) thread is start. I changed the initrd.gz to make it mount the ext4 partition before the android init.android start. here is the main code for the init script
    Code:
    echo "mount system and data partition on sdcard"
    # change the rom_name TO PA MIUI CM7 will support 
    # to boot other system on SD/EXT4
    # the system layout :
    #  /NativeSD/NexusHD2/
    #                    /system
    #                    /data
    #           /PA/
    #              /system
    #              /data
    #           /MIUI/
    #                /system
    #                /data
    #           /app
    #  the app dir is shared for all ROMs
    #

# set the name of the rom to boot
    rom_name="PA"

# mount the 1st (NativeSD) SD-EXT partition
    mkdir -p /NativeSD
    mount -t ext4  -o rw,noatime,nodiratime,barrier=0 /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /NativeSD

# mount the system data app dir
    mount --bind /NativeSD/$rom_name/system /system
    mount --bind /NativeSD/$rom_name/data   /data
    # create app data/app dir
    mkdir -p /NativeSD/app
    mkdir -p /data/app
    mount --bind /NativeSD/app /data/app

So for the ROM Devs should create new initrd.gz which is different with the NAND version, use different rom_name distinguish with others the whole templete is in 2nd post by Xylograph​

• How is the multi-boot works on NativeSD ROM?
    Set the SD boot dir /sdcard/NativeSD in Magldr or CLK,the dir structure is

/sdcard/NativeSD/NexusHD2/zImage
    /sdcard/NativeSD/NexusHD2/initrd.gz
    /sdcard/NativeSD/PA/zImage
    /sdcard/NativeSD/PA/initrd.gz
    /sdcard/NativeSD/zImage
    /sdcard/NativeSD/initrd.gz​

The Magldr& CLK always read the /sdcard/NativeSD/zImage /sdcard/NativeSD/initrd.gz files to boot, so if you want to switch from PA to NexusHD2 just only need to copy the zImage & initrd.gz to the up layer dir, use the NativeSD ROM switch app made by datagr​

• How to convert the NAND ROM to NativeSD ROM?
    HOWTO port NAND ROM to NATIVESD STEP-BY-STEP Credits to c1cl0n
    This is for Devs and advanced users only. For example if we got the NAND version of the NexusHD2 extract the zip file and replace 2 files and add 1 file will finish the convert.

/kernel/boot/initrd.gz
    the initrd.gz is similar with the SD ROMs but need to change the init script to mount the ext4 partition

/META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script
    the updater-script is used for CWM to execute the install process; execute install.sh before copy the system content to the ext4, here is the sample code
    Code:
    package_extract_file("install.sh", "/tmp/install.sh");

set_perm(0,0, 0777, "/tmp/install.sh");

run_program("/tmp/install.sh");
    show_progress(0.8, 80);

if file_getprop("/tmp/nfo.prop","NativeSD") == "true" 

then 

package_extract_dir("kernel/boot", "/boot");
    package_extract_dir("kernel/boot", "/boot_dir");
    package_extract_dir("system", "/system");

else
    ui_print("can't find ext4 partition on your SDcard");
    ui_print("install failed");
    endif;

/install.sh
    Code:
    #!/sbin/sh

# Set the ROM name 
    ROM_NAME=NexusHD2
    export ROM_NAME

mmcblk0p2=`ls /dev/block/mmcblk0p2`

# Mount the ext4 partition
    if [ $mmcblk0p2 == "/dev/block/mmcblk0p2" ]
    then

mkdir -p /ext4p
    	mkdir -p /sdcard/NativeSD/$ROM_NAME
    	mkdir -p /boot /boot_dir

mount -t ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /ext4p
    	mkdir -p /ext4p/$ROM_NAME/system /ext4p/$ROM_NAME/data

mount --bind /ext4p/$ROM_NAME/system /system
    	mount --bind /ext4p/$ROM_NAME/data /data

mount --bind /sdcard/NativeSD/$ROM_NAME /boot
    	mount --bind /sdcard/NativeSD	/boot_dir
    #delete the old system
    	rm -rf /system/*

#clean the dalvik-cache	
    	rm  -rf /data/dalvik-cache/*

#all the dir has ready write some info for updater-script
    	echo "NativeSD=true" >> /tmp/nfo.prop
    else

#no ext4 partition found	
    	echo "NativeSD=false" >> /tmp/nfo.prop
    fi

• How to make ext4 partition on my SDCARD?
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=31414628#post31414628
    nativeSDMultiBoot Version 10

Hello all,

Here is the latest version 10 of the app.

Change log :
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version 10 :
    Fixed : Small aesthetic changes
    Added : Website button
    Added : Backup nativeSD rom
    Added : Restore nativeSD rom

To backup a rom, click [Backup rom] then click a rom that you wish to backup.
    The app will create sdcard/RomBackups/toEXT4/rom_name/rom_name.ext4.tar
    and sdcard/romBackups/toSD/rom_name.ext4.tar files.
    These are your backup that you can save them anywhere before you do any tests. :)

To restore a backed up rom, click [Backup rom] then click [Restore].
    You will see that the app is switched in [RESTORE MODE].
    In [RESTORE MODE] click a rom that you see in the list.
    (Note that you must NOT change anything in sdcard/RomBackups folder.
    If you changed anything from there then you must put the files and folders as they were,
    before you enter again in the app and restore or backup any rom.)

PLEASE READ THIS :
    You must NOT touch the app while backup or restore operations.
    It will be unresponsive during the operations
    (You can use a debugger to see what is the app compressing or decompressing).

Enjoy the app and please hit the thanks button (yes, it's still free!) :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version 9 :
    Changed : no need the rom_name.txt method anymore. (requested by Tytung)
    Added : Thanks to the guidance from securecrt now the app is getting the name through linux shell command.
    Changed : colored text to [Switch rom] section. Blue color means the current running rom.
    Added: Tabs in switch and delete sections for bigger buttons and more beautiful interface.
    Changed : improved performance of the app (I hope it's ok now Szczepanik :) )

Version 8 :
    Fixed : [Delete rom] section that was messed up from a bug that I found and now it is ok.
    Added : colored text to [Switch rom] section. Cyan color means the current running rom(or the latest clicked rom).
    Added : rom name in the [Tools] section so you will know in which rom the changes will be applied.

Version 7 :
    App supports switching and deleting up to 18 nativeSD roms.
    App will read from /proc/self/mountinfo the rom name and compare it with the rom_name.txt
    that is automatically created in sdcard/nativeSD folder.
    If the name matches, then it will enable the [Delete] and [Tools] buttons.
    If not it will hide those 2 buttons to avoid any mistakes.
    Also some small bugs have been fixed from previous versions.

Version 6 :
    Added : fix permissions in nativeSD roms
    Added : clear Dalvik cache in nativeSD roms
    Added : kernel update(*) for nativeSD ONLY roms (thank you master Tytung for the guidance)

(*) How to update kernel :
    1) Download the zip file of the kernel (tytung 3.5 and securecrt 24Sep2012 kernels work perfect)
    2) Rename it to [update.zip] and put it in the sdcard/nativeSD folder
    3) Run the nativeSDmultiboot app and click [Switch] -> click your current running rom -> [Back] -> [Tools] -> [Update kernel]
    4) Reboot IMMEDIATELY! (this is really important to avoid any force closes...)

Version 5 :
    Now CLK users can use this app to switch roms! (You must put [mkbootimg.sh] and [mkbootimg]
    from [flash_sboot_v2.zip] inside the folder sdcard/nativeSD/)
    The interface has been changed also.

Version 4 :
    On first enter please click on the rom that you are running now! THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!
    It will create a rom_name.txt inside the nativeSD folder with the name that you are running (thanks for idea securecrt).
    I have also added the delete function with confirmation message (requested by Xylograph).
    It will hide the rom that you are currently running to avoid any mistakes (requested by securecrt).

P.S. All fellows developers are free to include it in your nativeSD roms. :)
    Hello all,

Please download version 10 with latest updates. :)

Here is the link :

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=33815218&postcount=1392