Swype capitalization failure when typing a word out?

Search This thread

Project D

Jul 4, 2010
Bay City, CA
Ever since I got my One, through both major updates, I've had a problem with capitalization in Swype. Namely, when I'm typing a word out that I know isn't in the dictionary, I will tap shift for a capital letter, the shift key highlights signifying that I am, in fact, in shift mode, and start typing only to find that the first letter comes out lower case anyway. I then delete what I've typed and start over again, the second time working. It happens probably 8 to 9 times out of every 10 and I'm pretty damn sick of it. Anyone else have this problem? Know a cause? Have a solution? Please let me know!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Reactions: coal686

FrogFan

Jul 13, 2013
Ft. Worth
I stopped using Swype

Ever since I got my One, through both major updates, I've had a problem with capitalization in Swype. Namely, when I'm typing a word out that I know isn't in the dictionary, I will tap shift for a capital letter, the shift key highlights signifying that I am, in fact, in shift mode, and start typing only to find that the first letter comes out lower case anyway. I then delete what I've typed and start over again, the second time working. It happens probably 8 to 9 times out of every 10 and I'm pretty damn sick of it. Anyone else have this problem? Know a cause? Have a solution? Please let me know!

I had the same problem with Swype, along with a few others. It got so annoying for me that I just quit using Swype and went to the Google keyboard with gesture typing. I'm very close now to giving up on gesture typing altogether.

I'm also interested if someone has a solution to the Swype problem.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.