[V4A][IRS][DDC]103 Headphone correction IRS/DDC filters--2016-06-05 5 new HiFi models

Search This thread

gfrank227

Feb 12, 2018
Moto G8 Plus
I use Hearprotek Sleep Headphones. They're the most comfortable affordable earbuds that I've ever had and they last surprisingly long for earbuds. I would LOVE for someone to get support for these.

estemanito

Mar 29, 2012
hi.

I installed V4A FX Legacy 15.10 on Magisk 20.04 and i puted some irs files into the Kernel directory, but Viper tell me that he dont find any file inside.

Same thing with DCC files, i put them inside the DCC directory but he dont find them.

I tried with the last Magisk version 23 too and i get the same.

I tried to format my Data partition then reinstall all the stuff but still the same problem.

Im on a LG V50 with Open Android 10

Need help, any idea please...?

Thanks

Attachments

• photo_2021-07-27_14-51-26.jpg
    photo_2021-07-27_14-51-26.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 97
  • photo_2021-07-27_14-51-52.jpg
    photo_2021-07-27_14-51-52.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

azzling

Jul 10, 2017
KZ ZSN Pro IRS

Hi Everyone,
Just bought KZ ZSN Pro, and I want to share my own custom Convolver IRS profile which I build from scratch using Freq Respon Curve from this site http://www.thephonograph.net/kz-zsn-pro-review/
It slightly different from it's prior version (KZ ZSN) but it will works just fine on KZ ZSN also.

There are 2 IRS in the attachment, KZ ZSN PRO 48K 8 and KZ ZSN PRO 48K X, basically its the same, only X version is uncut low freq respon
Sir where is the attachment??

adin49

Apr 2, 2020
Hello, if anyone is interested in a viper ddc .vdc file for soundpeats air 3 pro, here's a ready equalizer i made in DDC Toolbox:

Code:
# DDCToolbox Project File, v1.0.0.0 (Legacy mode)

# Calibration Point 1
70,1.3,-5
# Calibration Point 2
# Calibration Point 3
500,1.7,-2.2
# Calibration Point 4
2300,1.1,-5
# Calibration Point 5
3500,0.7,-0.5
# Calibration Point 6
4300,1.8,-5
# Calibration Point 7
5500,0.25,-2.8
# Calibration Point 8
# Calibration Point 9
7300,0.2,-4.5
# Calibration Point 10
8000,0.22,-6
# Calibration Point 11
# Calibration Point 12
# Calibration Point 13
13500,0.2,-5
# Calibration Point 14
15000,0.3,-3

#File End

You just have to paste code into a text editor, save with a ".vdcprj" file extension and then hit Project > Export > VDC file. You put the file in your main "phone storage\Android\data\com.pittvandewitt.viperfx\files\DDC\".

This configuration will make it so that you will have a plain flat sound from where you will be able to set your own equalizer without the uneven sound

June 2016 update--V4A goes HiFi
Personally tuned profiles added for five audiophile-grade headphones:

Beyerdynamic Custom Street (tuned with bass ports closed)
JH Layla universal (tuned using small single flange silicone tips, tuning pots set to 12 o'clock)
Oppo PM-3
Sennheiser Momentum
Shure SE846
(foam tips)

Download link for all models: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vbnj47jcnbgrvkv/AAAcAP6ypyGJa0995Nq37PEFa?dl=0
Please choose -44k or 48k .irs according to V4A Driver Status->Sample Rate->44100 or 48000

More audiophile models to come :fingers-crossed:
-----------
Hi, this thread will be a repository for the correction filters for various models of headphones that I created for Viper4Android
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2191223

These correction filters are compiled from interpreting measurement graphs of headphones at various review sites and adjust the audio quality of the headphones towards a reference-grade sound.

These are correction filters not simulation filters<--click for more info

10+ DDC profiles available. Other headphone correction filters available in convolver (.irs) format, with same quality as DDC profiles. 97 headphone models available in total.
52vecn-monk (微翼VE 和尚)
52vecn-one (微翼VE one)***
52vecn-one mini (微翼VE one mini)***
52vecn-turbines (微翼VE 涡轮)
52vecn-zen (微翼VE 明净)***
Aedle VK-1
AKG K450
AKG K612Pro
Apple earbuds
Audio-Technica ATH-IM04
Audio-Technica ATH-M50
Audio-Technica ATH-SJ33
Audio-Technica ATH-SJ55
Beats by Dr. Dre Mixr
Beats urbeats
Beyerdynamic Custom Street*** (bass ports closed)
Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250Ohm
Brainwavz B2
Bose IE2
Creative Aurvana In-Ear 3 (创新IE3)
Diver 79(潜79)***
Diver MC06 (潜MC06)***
Dunu DN1000
僵尸(ECCI) PR100MKII***
Etymotic ER-4
Hifiman RE-400
JH Layla Universal***
JVC FX12***
JVC FX3X
JVC FXT90
Klipsch S4
Koss Portapro
LG HBS-730
Monoprice 8320
Oppo PM-3***
围城KC06 (Ostry KC06)***
Philips SHE3580/3590/3595/3500
Philips SHE3590***
Philips SHE8000/8005
Philips TX1***
Panasonic RP-HJE120
Panasonic RP-HJE125***
Pioneer HDJ500
Pioneer SE-A1000
三星S4原配耳机 (Samsung S4 Stock-xxx.irs)
Sennheiser CX300-II
Sennheiser HD25-1-II
Sennheiser HD239
Sennheiser HD280pro
Sennheiser HD439
Sennheiser HD518
Sennheiser IE80
Sennheiser IE800
Sennheiser Momentum***
Sennheiser MX360
Sennheiser MX580
Sennheiser PX100-I
Sennheiser PX100-II
Shure e4c/e4g/等等(档案名Shure e4g)
Shure SE110
Shure SE215
Shure SE315
Shure SE425
Shure SE535
Shure SE846***
Skullcandy 50/50
Somic (硕美科) MH438
Sony MDR-1R
Sony MDR-1RMKII
Sony MDR-1RNC (抗噪模式开)
Sony MDR-E9LP
Sony MDR-EX10LP
Sony MDR-ZX100
Sony MH1(C)
Sony XB90EX
Sony XBA-1
Sony XBA-H1
Sony XBA-H3
Soul by Ludacris SL99
Soundmagic E10***
TDK BA200
V-Moda M-80
V-Moda M-100
Velodyne Vpulse
VSonic GR07MkII
VSonic VSD1
VSonic VSD1S
VSonic VSD3
VSonic VSD3S
VSonic VSD2S
天天动听(TTPOD)T2
Ultimate Ears TF10
Ultimate Ears UE100
Ultimate Ears UE200
Ultimate Ears UE600
Ultimate Ears UE900
Ultimate Ears UE900S***
Ultimate Ears UE4000
Westone 3
Westone W4R
小米活塞2(Xiaomi Pistons 2)***
***Indicates premium tuning obtained from personally auditioning and tune-up

Instructions for DDC (.vdc) profiles:
1. Save the vdc file to <storage>/ViPER4Android/DDC on your device (note by Joe: next to /ViPER4Android/Kernel where IRS files for the convolver function are usually saved)
2. In V4A's configuration menu, select the vdc file at the end of the list of listening devices for ViPER-DDC to use one of these DDC configs.

Instructions for profiles in convolver (.irs) format
From the dropbox link below, choose the irs file with name corresponding to your model of earphone and copy it to <storage>/ViPER4Android/Kernel/ on your device.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vbnj47jcnbgrvkv/GoCSHIuTWm?lst
(also included are .e-q files that can be used with Electri-Q (a VST plugin) on the PC: https://www.dropbox.com/s/e1yw2w8ahuyf4v7/Electri-Q_(posihfopit)_Install.exe)

Unlabelled old IRS impulses are 44100Hz only, please leave requests if you would like a 48000Hz impulse <-click me for explanation

(Profile requests suspended until further notice--will just profile whatever I can get my grubby hands on for these few months :silly: )
You may leave requests for your model of earphones to be added to the DDC collection :) Please check for the availability of frequency response curves on at least one of the following websites:
en.goldenears.net
www.innerfidelity.com
rinchoi.blogspot.com
www.headphone.com

When requesting, please leave some comment on your opinion of the stock sound of the earphones without effects running, so I can fine tune the IRS to your taste. (the IRS will always adjust towards reference sound so is suitable for everyone with the model of earphone but will be a bit fine tuned to the taste of the one who first requests them) Opinions on the frequency balance (e.g. too midbassy? Too cold (sucked out lower mids) / warm (opposite)? Treble too sharp?) will be particularly helpful.

Also, if requesting for the first time, please leave your requests in this thread instead of pm, so people can see that a request for a certain model has been put out (they may even upvote and thank your request :cyclops:) and when it was made. I can't promise to take all requests or take them in order but I do try :silly:

Donations policy
I am much busier these days than when I started this thread, with what feels what is going to be two full-time jobs :confused:
The waiting list goes like this:
1. Donations given up-front (will need to fall head-over-heels to get yours done :D But not really recommended as I may not actually be able to make an IRS for the phones you ask for :eek:)
2. A pledge for a donation of a specified amount
3. A pledge for a donation of an unspecified amount (but really this should be enough to put you in front of the line, as donors are so few and far between :laugh: )
4. The usual applications...

If you do pledge or make a donation please pm me as well as posting in the thread so I would know about it more quickly and get the IRS done :fingers-crossed:

Request "queuing" policy for non-donors
As I fall further behind the queue I am afraid that by the time I fulfil a request, many of the people who requested the irs will have already forgotten about it. Also, each time it takes me considerable effort to find the next person in the queue whose request I can fulfil. So instead of a queue, I will simply take the latest request that can be fulfilled when I have time to make an IRS. Those who have been skipped may contact me again to re-express their interest in obtaining an IRS as many times as you want, but please do so through pm to avoid cluttering this thread :) Of course, a donation would be a sure way to get an IRS done :)

If you want your headphones profiled quickly, you may consider making a donation or

try making your own irs :fingers-crossed:
How to combine my headphone correction IRS together with other IRS (such as special effects, bass boost, reverb etc. found on other threads)
Screenshot_20230805-232255_Chrome.jpg

Hello! Somebody please reupload this amazing pack. Thank you! ✌️😉

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    June 2016 update--V4A goes HiFi
    Personally tuned profiles added for five audiophile-grade headphones:

Beyerdynamic Custom Street (tuned with bass ports closed)
    JH Layla universal (tuned using small single flange silicone tips, tuning pots set to 12 o'clock)
    Oppo PM-3
    Sennheiser Momentum
    Shure SE846 (foam tips)

Download link for all models: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vbnj47jcnbgrvkv/AAAcAP6ypyGJa0995Nq37PEFa?dl=0
    Please choose -44k or 48k .irs according to V4A Driver Status->Sample Rate->44100 or 48000

More audiophile models to come :fingers-crossed:
    -----------
    Hi, this thread will be a repository for the correction filters for various models of headphones that I created for Viper4Android
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2191223

These correction filters are compiled from interpreting measurement graphs of headphones at various review sites and adjust the audio quality of the headphones towards a reference-grade sound.

These are correction filters not simulation filters<--click for more info

10+ DDC profiles available. Other headphone correction filters available in convolver (.irs) format, with same quality as DDC profiles. 97 headphone models available in total.
    52vecn-monk (微翼VE 和尚)
    52vecn-one (微翼VE one)***
    52vecn-one mini (微翼VE one mini)***
    52vecn-turbines (微翼VE 涡轮)
    52vecn-zen (微翼VE 明净)***
    Aedle VK-1
    AKG K450
    AKG K612Pro
    Apple earbuds
    Audio-Technica ATH-IM04
    Audio-Technica ATH-M50
    Audio-Technica ATH-SJ33
    Audio-Technica ATH-SJ55
    Beats by Dr. Dre Mixr
    Beats urbeats
    Beyerdynamic Custom Street*** (bass ports closed)
    Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250Ohm
    Brainwavz B2
    Bose IE2
    Creative Aurvana In-Ear 3 (创新IE3)
    Diver 79(潜79)***
    Diver MC06 (潜MC06)***
    Dunu DN1000
    僵尸(ECCI) PR100MKII***
    Etymotic ER-4
    Hifiman RE-400
    JH Layla Universal***
    JVC FX12***
    JVC FX3X
    JVC FXT90
    Klipsch S4
    Koss Portapro
    LG HBS-730
    Monoprice 8320
    Oppo PM-3***
    围城KC06 (Ostry KC06)***
    Philips SHE3580/3590/3595/3500
    Philips SHE3590***
    Philips SHE8000/8005
    Philips TX1***
    Panasonic RP-HJE120
    Panasonic RP-HJE125***
    Pioneer HDJ500
    Pioneer SE-A1000
    三星S4原配耳机 (Samsung S4 Stock-xxx.irs)
    Sennheiser CX300-II
    Sennheiser HD25-1-II
    Sennheiser HD239
    Sennheiser HD280pro
    Sennheiser HD439
    Sennheiser HD518
    Sennheiser IE80
    Sennheiser IE800
    Sennheiser Momentum***
    Sennheiser MX360
    Sennheiser MX580
    Sennheiser PX100-I
    Sennheiser PX100-II
    Shure e4c/e4g/等等(档案名Shure e4g)
    Shure SE110
    Shure SE215
    Shure SE315
    Shure SE425
    Shure SE535
    Shure SE846***
    Skullcandy 50/50
    Somic (硕美科) MH438
    Sony MDR-1R
    Sony MDR-1RMKII
    Sony MDR-1RNC (抗噪模式开)
    Sony MDR-E9LP
    Sony MDR-EX10LP
    Sony MDR-ZX100
    Sony MH1(C)
    Sony XB90EX
    Sony XBA-1
    Sony XBA-H1
    Sony XBA-H3
    Soul by Ludacris SL99
    Soundmagic E10***
    TDK BA200
    V-Moda M-80
    V-Moda M-100
    Velodyne Vpulse
    VSonic GR07MkII
    VSonic VSD1
    VSonic VSD1S
    VSonic VSD3
    VSonic VSD3S
    VSonic VSD2S
    天天动听(TTPOD)T2
    Ultimate Ears TF10
    Ultimate Ears UE100
    Ultimate Ears UE200
    Ultimate Ears UE600
    Ultimate Ears UE900
    Ultimate Ears UE900S***
    Ultimate Ears UE4000
    Westone 3
    Westone W4R
    小米活塞2(Xiaomi Pistons 2)***

Instructions for DDC (.vdc) profiles:
    1. Save the vdc file to <storage>/ViPER4Android/DDC on your device (note by Joe: next to /ViPER4Android/Kernel where IRS files for the convolver function are usually saved)
    2. In V4A's configuration menu, select the vdc file at the end of the list of listening devices for ViPER-DDC to use one of these DDC configs.

Instructions for profiles in convolver (.irs) format
    From the dropbox link below, choose the irs file with name corresponding to your model of earphone and copy it to <storage>/ViPER4Android/Kernel/ on your device.
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vbnj47jcnbgrvkv/GoCSHIuTWm?lst
    (also included are .e-q files that can be used with Electri-Q (a VST plugin) on the PC: https://www.dropbox.com/s/e1yw2w8ahuyf4v7/Electri-Q_(posihfopit)_Install.exe)

Unlabelled old IRS impulses are 44100Hz only, please leave requests if you would like a 48000Hz impulse <-click me for explanation

(Profile requests suspended until further notice--will just profile whatever I can get my grubby hands on for these few months :silly: )
    You may leave requests for your model of earphones to be added to the DDC collection :) Please check for the availability of frequency response curves on at least one of the following websites:
    en.goldenears.net
    www.innerfidelity.com
    rinchoi.blogspot.com
    www.headphone.com

When requesting, please leave some comment on your opinion of the stock sound of the earphones without effects running, so I can fine tune the IRS to your taste. (the IRS will always adjust towards reference sound so is suitable for everyone with the model of earphone but will be a bit fine tuned to the taste of the one who first requests them) Opinions on the frequency balance (e.g. too midbassy? Too cold (sucked out lower mids) / warm (opposite)? Treble too sharp?) will be particularly helpful.

Also, if requesting for the first time, please leave your requests in this thread instead of pm, so people can see that a request for a certain model has been put out (they may even upvote and thank your request :cyclops:) and when it was made. I can't promise to take all requests or take them in order but I do try :silly:

Donations policy
    I am much busier these days than when I started this thread, with what feels what is going to be two full-time jobs :confused:
    The waiting list goes like this:
    1. Donations given up-front (will need to fall head-over-heels to get yours done :D But not really recommended as I may not actually be able to make an IRS for the phones you ask for :eek:)
    2. A pledge for a donation of a specified amount
    3. A pledge for a donation of an unspecified amount (but really this should be enough to put you in front of the line, as donors are so few and far between :laugh: )
    4. The usual applications...

If you do pledge or make a donation please pm me as well as posting in the thread so I would know about it more quickly and get the IRS done :fingers-crossed:

Request "queuing" policy for non-donors
    As I fall further behind the queue I am afraid that by the time I fulfil a request, many of the people who requested the irs will have already forgotten about it. Also, each time it takes me considerable effort to find the next person in the queue whose request I can fulfil. So instead of a queue, I will simply take the latest request that can be fulfilled when I have time to make an IRS. Those who have been skipped may contact me again to re-express their interest in obtaining an IRS as many times as you want, but please do so through pm to avoid cluttering this thread :) Of course, a donation would be a sure way to get an IRS done :)

If you want your headphones profiled quickly, you may consider making a donation or

try making your own irs
    :fingers-crossed:
    How to combine my headphone correction IRS together with other IRS (such as special effects, bass boost, reverb etc. found on other threads)
    Please note that:
    Most other IRS files found elsewhere simulate the effect of the labelled item. ie. using HTC One X BeatsAudio.irs your phone will sound like plugging headsets into a HTC One X with BeatsAudio on.

The IRS files found in this thread do NOT do this. What they do is correct for the deviation of the labelled headset from a reference target frequency response. Sort of the "opposite" of what the headphones sound like, actually, so that when the IRS is applied and use the labelled headphone to listen to music the sound should be close to a "reference standard". You can then apply other effects in V4A to the "standard" sound, such as field surround and reverb, and the effects should sound better than before, or you could try using just the convolver and get something like the sound audiophiles shoot for with expensive neutral headphones.

If you don't have any of the headphones listed in the thread, you can still download and try the irs, but again, they do NOT *simulate* the labelled headphones. Instead, if you hit on the irs of a headphone that has similar sound to yours, you may get a good effect.
    Other headphone specific tuning settings shared by others:
    bobdoblo's settings for the Soundmagic E10

Regarding donations and gifts:
    These IRS files take time to create and any donation you make would be greatly appreciated :) However, donate by paypal does not work for the Asia-Pacific area I'm in (I live in Hong Kong). Thus the "donate to me" button doesn't work. You can however send donations to me in the form of paypal payments directly to jm_superjoe@hotmail.com :fingers-crossed:

Anyone who donates to my account will get expedited headphone irs creation as a matter of course :laugh: but if you donate $10 or more, you will receive:
    1. Refit service: based on your description of the sound I can continue to tweak the IRS to tailor it specifically to your ears, including customizing resonance peak compensation according to your reports from playing with Sinegen and other tools I will talk about :cyclops:
    2. (S4A-01 offer (now out of stock))
    A special pair of IEMs that come with their own IRS profile:victory: out of stock due to QC problems with the supplier; only phones that checked out ok will be shipped out. Only 7 out of 20 checked ok :eek:
    S4A-01-XL.jpg

^ Previous model of gift IEMs with IRS included: Sleeper4Android S4A-01
    Blurb on S4A-01 ("sold" out)
    These IEMs sound wonderful with IRS applied and are an abomination to conventional wisdom in hi-fi that have 100% geek appeal and will turn the world upside down for any audiophile who was closed-minded about digital effects for music listening if they give these a listen, with and then without their custom IRS :cyclops: Basically, I have found a way to profile a pair of headphones without the $$$$$ dummy-head-with-in-ear-microphone and will be applying it to no-name cheap IEMs that have atrocious stock sound but show potential behind their warped frequency response :D

Pros and cons of the S4A-01
    Limitations of the S4A-01
    -dollar-store build: while I think the housing itself looks pretty good, the cable and the damping material over the nozzle leaves something to be desired, shall we say :D But it's sonically a good thing that there's damping at all over the nozzle :good:
    -no packaging or accessories: to save on shipping, I shall be putting these directly in envelopes and mailing them as air mail. As far as I know they only come with the one pair of tips shown, so if these don't fit, you have to find something that does.
    -isolation and microphonics: as shown in the picture, they are semi-open at the back, and do not isolate outside noises that well. I use a shirt clip with them and microphonics is manageable, but probably above average.
    -supported devices only: I'll post EQ and convolver settings for use with the S4A-01 on computers, but you better make sure you are running a computer player (such as foobar2000) or an android with V4A or other supported software if you want to listen to them seriously :laugh:

Advantages of S4A-01:
    -Audiophile WTF-factor: the sound difference before and after applying the V4A is just unreal. The corrected sound is not just "good for a dollar store earphone", but "good", period.
    -More Audiophile WTF-factor: with V4A running, the S4A-01 will sound great while practically any other phone plugged into your android will sound atrocious. If you play a song someone is not familiar with, he may conclude that his $$$ pair of phones is having a really bad day and look at them in dismay :cyclops:
    -Even more audiophile WTF-factor: for additional WTF-ness, my demo pair of S4A-01 was wired wrong so that the left and right buds are out of phase with each other. This is corrected for in the S4A-01i irs profile. If you're so lucky as to get a phase-inverted pair just like me and load this profile, every other phone plugged into your android will sound plain broken :cyclops:
    -potential for improvement: though I've profiled these phones with my own ears using my patent-pending "human spectrum analyzer(tm)", I plan to ship a few pairs of these to Rin Choi, famous headphone reviewer and critic, to measure using real equipment. If and when he posts the results for these phones, I can tune them to the best new Olive-Welti sound tuning curve out there and they may sound even better than they do now :laugh:

I know this is purely anecdotal to you guys who weren't there, but I prepared these gems at a big headphone meet in Shenzhen, China and representatives from two different audio companies pegged these things at over RMB1000 (around 160USD) in value :D Which may not sound like much, but they assumed these would be Chinese-made sets selling in China, which gets a substantial markdown compared to overseas sale. And if you knew how much I actually got them for... :laugh::laugh::laugh: well me being able to mail them to you for $10 should clue you in to that :laugh:

3. You get to choose a <$10 IEM in your possession (or that you intend to buy) to be IRS profiled, whether or not measurements are available for the model. I will buy and "measure" the model as soon as I gather enough funds from donations (and have some money left over as actual donations that I can pocket :silly: Alternatively, you can arrange to have your IEMs (IEMs only please; shipping costs for any other kind is too expensive) shipped to me to be analyzed.

This is the Sleeper4Android project: to get terrific sound out of terribly cheap IEMs :D

Currently planned list of <$10 IEMs:
    Philips SHE3580/3590/3595/3500 (IRS already available; 3595 has mic and one button remote)
    Panasonic RP-HJE120 (HJC120 should be the same thing with mic and 3 button remote)
    Awei ES-Q3 / Q3i (with mic)
    -further models can be added to the list with the help of donations, donors can specify models already in their possession or that they plan to buy

List of donors S4A-01 was shipped out to (shipped on 2 August) :victory:
    Calvo1
    cobhc
    gdeal
    krispuniq
    iken2010
    How to record your own simple headphone correction profile IRS!
    (this ReaPlugs ReaFIR plugin makes drawing EQ curves a breeze! It's a linear phase EQ though, when ideally for headphone correction we want a minimum phase EQ. I use a different VST EQ module called Electri-Q, it's not so easy to plot the curve the way you want on it but I hope the difference in quality is worth it :) There are some caveats to this curve drawing that you may run into but I don't know how to summarize this--if you run into trouble I'm more than willing to help :) Just hope to see you share your completed IRS here in this thread, they will be added to the collection with your permission and credited to you in the filename :victory: )

1. Download Audacity and _32 bit_ version of Reaper ReaPlugs
    audacity.sourceforge.net
    http://cockos.com/reaper/reaplugs/reaplugs21-install.exe

2. Install Audacity with default settings. Install ReaPlugs in Program Files (x86)\Audacity\Plug-ins (I tested this by deleting the \VstPlugins subfolder the installer automatically appended to the directory name while installing, I don't know if this is necessary)

3. Open Audacity and it should automatically scan and find the ReaPlugs vst plugins. If this is not your first time running Audacity go to Edit->Preferences->Effects->check Rescan VST effects and close and restart Audacity to load the ReaPlugs.

4. Generate a track of 30s of silence. Generate->Silence

5. Press Ctrl+mouse scroll upward on the sound track to zoom all the way in to individual sound samples
    05.jpg

6. Use the pencil tool to draw on the sound track and bring one single sample of sound to the ceiling. This creates a perfect impulse.
    06.jpg

Then click on a blank area of the track header on the left. This selects the whole audio track for effects processing.
    06.5.jpg

7. Open ReaFir by choosing Effect->Cockos: ReaFir (ReaPlugs Edition)

8. Change the top and bottom dB limit of the vertical scale to a smaller range so that you can plot more precisely. For example, with a -10 to 10 range the app conveniently puts scale lines at 5dB intervals, matching the 5dB scale on some headphone measurement sites. (although many graphs require a larger range than -10 to 10)
    08.jpg

9. Plot an upside down version of the headphone frequency response graph you found for your model of headphone :cyclops: Take care to plot the points at the correct x and y positions :) For example, note that most measurement graphs only go down to 20Hz but the graph on ReaFir goes down to 0 :eek: Also the scale from 10-20kHz is wider on ReaFir. When you press and move a point around you'll see a box showing the current frequency and dB amplitude so look at that to make sure you're putting the point at the right place :)
    09.jpg

IMPORTANT NOTE: most headphones will have a big dip in the graph somewhere or fall off a cliff at the bass or treble end of the scale. You should not draw the curve exactly as the inverse upward cliff at these points--because the taller your graph in the vertical scale (the larger the scale of frequency response correction applied), the more negative gain needs to be applied at the next step to prevent clipping. I have received consecutive reports of people following this tutorial to the letter and producing graphs that span 30+dB of vertical scale. The resulting IRS are so quiet as to be unusable. Please keep this in mind when following this step. Note the maximum volume you have had to push your device to drive your headphones when no effects are applied and think about how many dB of volume you can afford to lose when applying the IRS, and take the downward plunges of the graph with a grain of salt when plotting the corresponding upward compensations. A rule of thumb is your graph should never go up more than 10dB above the zero line.

10. Take note of the dB value of the highest point of the graph and set the output gain to the negative value of it
    10.jpg

As noted above this will make music convolved by this IRS quieter by as many dB. If you find yourself applying an unreasonable value here review what you've done in step 9 and revise the curve as necessary.

11. Save your work with the Save button on top, then press OK to run the filter on the sound track! :)

12. The impulse would have moved some way down the track after the processing. Zoom out by pressing Ctrl+mouse scroll down on the track to find the location of the impulse.

13. Select 16384 samples of the track with the impulse centred on it by clicking somewhere to the left of the impulse and then setting the selection length to 16384 samples. Might take you a few tries to find the right position :) (click on the drop-down menu to select "samples" first)
    13.jpg

14. Select Edit->Copy to copy down the 16384 samples then delete the whole audio track
    14.jpg

Then select Edit->Paste to end up with just the 16384 samples of audio with the impulse centred on it.
    Then select Edit->Duplicate then go to the context menu for the first audio track and select "Make Stereo track" to end up with left and right channels playing the same impulse.
    14.5.jpg

15. Select File->Export; under "save as type" choose "Other uncompressed files" and click options...
    Choose header to be wav (microsoft) and encoding to be... well I've been using signed 32 bit pcm so far but you may try 32 bit float as well and see if that works :)

16. Hit save, rename the wav file produced with .irs suffix, put it on your android and enjoy! :laugh:
    How to combine two IRS effects for use together

1. Download ConvolverVST here
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/convolver/files/convolver/convolver4-4vc++.zip/
    Audacity here
    http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
    2. Install audacity, then install ConvolverVST in the Plug-Ins directory of Audacity e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\Plug-Ins\Convolver
    Then add the directory you installed convolver to to window's "path" environment variable as detailed here: (in step 2 of "getting started")
    http://convolver.sourceforge.net/vst.html
    3. Start Audacity. If this is not your first time running audacity, go to Edit->Preferences->Effects and check "Rescan VST effects next time Audacity is started".
    4. Load a track of music (e.g. by dragging a music file from explorer onto the audacity window and try convolving it using convolverVST (by choosing Effect->convolver.sf.net: ConvolverVST...) and see whether the sound is correct. The documentation for convolverVST is here
    http://convolver.sourceforge.net/vst.html
    Things I've found out so far:
    -You need to use wav files instead of irs files for convolving. For my irs files just changing the extension to .wav will work, dunno about others.
    -For my system, the default of no partitions does not yield correct sound while 1 partition works.
    -Test the result by pressing the play button in audacity...
    5. When you've found settings that yield correct sound, close the music file you loaded and instead load one of the two irs you want to combine. (again eg by dragging and dropping it to audacity)
    6. Because the convolver shifts audio forward in time, it may shift the combined irs beyond the time window of the original irs, so we need to lengthen the sound clip. Scroll to the end of the sound clip for the irs and use the caret tool to select a time after the end of the clip:
    31067013_hqhXLv

7. Select Generate->Silence... and generate 30 seconds of silence
    8. Use the caret tool again to make a selection bridging the end of the sound clip for the irs and the start of the silence clip you generated:
    8.jpg

9. Select Edit->Clip Boundaries->Join (or just press Ctrl+J) to make one long clip out of the two clips
    10. Select the whole clip by clicking on an empty part of the track label, e.g.
    10.jpg

and select Effect->convolver.sf.net: ConvolverVST... and load the other IRS you want to combine with the first. The other settings should be the same as those that you found to work properly with music in your testing in (4). Press OK and you should get the two IRS convolved together!
    (At this point theoretically you may repeat this step as many times as you like with different impulses to combine 3, 4, x IRS together. Whether the result will sound any good, well... :confused: )
    11. Now you need to find the location of the combined impulse and make a short selection (e.g. 16384 samples) containing it. Ctrl+mouse wheel down on the track to zoom out on it to find the impulse peak and Ctrl+mouse up at the peak to zoom in on it
    11.jpg

(how the peak looks like zoomed out)
    12. Using the caret tool, click on the track a short distance to the left of the impulse, then make a selection of length 16384 samples by specifying this in the toolbox below:
    12.jpg

(make sure to click on the "length" radio button then hit the dropdown box button and select "samples" as the unit before entering "16384")

If you selected the starting position correctly, the selection area should cover the impulse with a short space before (to the left) and more space after (to the right). You may need to redo this step again, changing the starting point until the selection covers the impulse thusly. You may need to zoom in and out on the impulse to make the whole selection visible across a suitable area of the screen like in this screenshot.

13. Select File->Export Selection... and choose save as type: other uncompressed files and click the options... button. Choose header to be wav (microsoft) and encoding to be 32 bit float. Then hit ok, type the file name you choose for the combined irs, add an .irs suffix to it, and hit Save. It'll ask you whether you're sure about saving with .irs extension instead of .wav. Click Yes.

14. Copy the combined irs to your android's Kernel folder and enjoy! :victory: