It is true, XPERIA TX has different screens.

Search This thread

datagubben

Nov 25, 2010
Landskrona
Samsung Galaxy S21
Heh...Facebook blocked 3 years ago in Iran, whatsapp & viber blocked 2 month ago, sms cannot sent to European & american countries, internet is too slow & expensive & limited
I should crying :'(

Sent from my LT29i using Tapatalk 2

Ooh! Facebook blocked-, Whatsapp, Viber, SMS also blocked and internet very slow in Iran? :confused:

Sorry for asking, -but what is the reason for this?

I have 4G (LTE) speed on my Xperia V here in my town, its very fast and nothing blocked.

kyakaze

Nov 5, 2008
Melbourne
Ooh! Facebook blocked-, Whatsapp, Viber, SMS also blocked and internet very slow in Iran? :confused:

I have 4G (LTE) speed on my Xperia V here in my town, its very fast and nothing blocked.

I think because there has been a war in Iran and neighbor countries, communication is very limited. Take North Korea for example, the people there don't even have internet.

Reactions: smfazel

smfazel

Oct 16, 2012

the reason is same with south korea
the 3g is new in iran & some towns just have 3g (with limited net speed, no full speed), mostly used 2g with gprs connection (so slow)

no any war in iran now

akshayacharya007

Mar 4, 2013
Mumbai
Today I compared display of Xperia tx and Xperia zl.
Tx just simply awesome than zl!!!:):):)
Mine is tx b version:):)

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app

dyjin

Jul 11, 2011
Fuuuuu Sony why....not only you wont fix bravia engine after unlock bootloader.

But you give cheaper screens

Sent from my LT29i using xda app-developers app

aindriu80

Aug 31, 2012
How can you tell which version of the tx you have?

I'm running jellybean and can't tell if it's b or c.

I do have one dead pixel though and have to pay if I want to fix it :(

Sent from my LT29i using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Lusterboi

Dec 3, 2010
Can't check on jb. They disabled it, flash back to ics if you want to know.

Sent from my LT29i using Tapatalk 2

smfazel

Oct 16, 2012
for jb users (& others):

1- root ur rom
2- install "android terminal emulator" app
3- type: "su" (getting super user permission) in terminal line
4- type: "dmesg | grep panel" to see ur panel type

my touch is C & my panel type is TMD

this is all the code (scroll right to see "tmd" with red color):

Code:
dmesg | grep panel
<6>[    0.840805] default panel: mipi_no_id_panel
<6>[    0.841049] setting pdata->panel_info.fb_num to 3. type: 8                                                        <6>[    0.890065] mdp_probe: panel_detect function
<6>[    0.966519] mipi_renesas_r63306 mipi_renesas_r63306.0: found panel vendor: mipi_[COLOR="Red"]tmd[/COLOR]_panel                         <6>[    1.000274] mipi_renesas_r63306 mipi_renesas_r63306.0: found panel: mipi_video_tmd_wxga_mdw30_id_1e               <3>[    1.351564] msm_fb_detect_panel: comparing name=hdmi_msm with mipi_video_renesas_fwvga                            <6>[    1.353303] setting pdata->panel_info.fb_num to 1. type: 7                                                        <6>[    1.354311] mdp_probe: panel_detect function
<6>[    1.354524] mdp_probe: no panel_detect function
<6>[    1.358553] setting pdata->panel_info.fb_num to 1. type: 10                                                       <6>[    1.360415] mdp_probe: panel_detect function
<6>[    1.360781] mdp_probe: no panel_detect function
u0_a140@android:/ #

someone who's touch version is "b" check the panel to see his panel model plz
sorry bad EN

Last edited:
Reactions: Pishtaz

knnam

Feb 16, 2012
for jb users (& others):

1- root ur rom
2- install "android terminal emulator" app
3- type: "su" (getting super user permission) in terminal line
4- type: "dmesg | grep panel" to see ur panel type

my touch is C & my panel type is TMD

this is all the code (scroll right to see "tmd" with red color):

Code:
dmesg | grep panel
<6>[    0.840805] default panel: mipi_no_id_panel
<6>[    0.841049] setting pdata->panel_info.fb_num to 3. type: 8                                                        <6>[    0.890065] mdp_probe: panel_detect function
<6>[    0.966519] mipi_renesas_r63306 mipi_renesas_r63306.0: found panel vendor: mipi_[COLOR="Red"]tmd[/COLOR]_panel                         <6>[    1.000274] mipi_renesas_r63306 mipi_renesas_r63306.0: found panel: mipi_video_tmd_wxga_mdw30_id_1e               <3>[    1.351564] msm_fb_detect_panel: comparing name=hdmi_msm with mipi_video_renesas_fwvga                            <6>[    1.353303] setting pdata->panel_info.fb_num to 1. type: 7                                                        <6>[    1.354311] mdp_probe: panel_detect function
<6>[    1.354524] mdp_probe: no panel_detect function
<6>[    1.358553] setting pdata->panel_info.fb_num to 1. type: 10                                                       <6>[    1.360415] mdp_probe: panel_detect function
<6>[    1.360781] mdp_probe: no panel_detect function
u0_a140@android:/ #

someone who's touch version is "b" check the panel to see his panel model plz
sorry bad EN

You must use ics

Sent from my LT25i using xda premium

pan.tadeusz

May 15, 2013
but in this instruction there's vendor TMD mean Toshiba Matsu****a Display Technology but beferoe that there is signed Renesas - Renesas Electronics = Sharp Corporation .
So it's Sharp or Toshiba or...? :silly:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Press *#*#7378423#*#*
    Press "Service info" then "Software info"

This is the same as typing *#*#SERVICE#*#* into the phone keypad - which is a bit easier to remember!

If I helped, hit Thanks!
    Don't worry, folks

The OP noticed it when he said he put the 2 versions side by side.
    For me, I cannot tell the difference now on this one with C fw. I only had 2 days on the first one with B version.
    Tapatalked from my TX
    I've make an experiment for you with my xperia TX. I flashed a 7.0.A.1.307 ftf. My touch firmware version was "a"
    Afterthat on the same device I've flashed the new firmware version 7.0.A.3.212. This time, the touch firmware version was "c"
    (see photo). So, the touch firmware version is a software, not hardware (LCD,touchscreen, digitiser) question!!
    Happy conclusion: Don't worry, people, the touchscreen of our beloved Xperia TX are identical!!
    Hit "thanks" if it was useful.
    touch version is related with software , i make some research and touch firmware is located on etc/firmware.but flashing touch firmware from xperia v but not works.
    Finally, an answer from Sony
    The question was about if XPERIA TX has the opticontrast panel, and here is the answer :rolleyes:

Ty8H1.jpg

That answer confirms the 2 versions of TX display assembly, a great one with opticontrast panel,
    and a good one with bad viewing angles without opticontrast panel.
    :eek:

Look at this picture

vlcsnap2013011310h49m32.png
    Excuse me - what are you talking about?
    That answer confirms NO OPTICONTRAST panel for T neither TX.
    So?

That answer confirms that Sony has cheated to their costumers.

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

summarizing:

- Sony announce at IFA that Xperia T, TX and V has an opticontrast panel
    - Only a few and selected batches of Xperia TX receive Opticontrast panel
    - For a unknown reason (maybe problems with the providers) the rest of the batches has the same display that Sony has used the last years.
    - Sony don't recognize the issue.