[Q] HTC One X - Boot Loop / Bricked ? o2-uk

Search This thread

Gurraj_Singh

Mar 12, 2008
After looking around the web & trying a few things out myself I am left stuck and in need of help.

I would like to get a o2 UK (32GB Tegra3) HTC One X back to Stock everything (on Jelly Bean)

My friend has given me her old HOX that will not load past the ‘HTC Quietly Brilliant’ screen.

She had unlocked the bootloader via HTCDev & installed ClowckWorkMod Recovery (5.8.4.0). It was working fine.

When getting the phone, I did not know much about rooting. My own HOX is all stock. I wanted to update the handset to Jelly Bean. In recovery I clicked format cache, data, sdcard, system & cleared some dalvik cache to remove everything; this is what probably messed things up.

Right now, I am still stuck at the ‘HTC Quietly Brilliant’ screen. ClockWorkMod Recovery has been removed.

I have tried reverting to the stock recovery. This is what I got:
HOX_DOSstockrecovery.jpg

When loading the phone into the bootloader I get the following message:
HOX_usberror.jpg

If I click recovery I get this:
HOX_Recovery.jpg

After a few secs, it changes to this:
HOX_Recovery2.jpg

I click FASTBOOT and plug in the USB to my PC. I hear the noise to say something is connected. Clicking on My Computer does not display anything. In Device Manager I see this:
HOX_Devicemanager.jpg

Below are all the details I would imagine anyone needs to figure out what is wrong?
***UNLOCKED***
ENDEAVORU PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT- 1.12.0000
CPLD-None
MICROP-None
RADIO-5.1204.162.29
eMMC-bootmode: disabled
CPU-bootmode disabled
HW Secure boot: enabled
MODEM PATH: OFF
Jun 28 2012, 11:31:28

IMAGE CRC after it has calculated, it tells me:
HBOOT : 0xE9BDD7AD
BOOT :0x8E7F8988
RECOVERY :0xDF73200A
SYSTEM :0xCDE281A4

CID is
o2___001

RUU is

Can someone please give me a step by step, with all the links I need to download so that I can get this HOX back to stock everything?

:(:eek:

Gurraj_Singh

Mar 12, 2008
YES!

Its now working and currently updating.

Before you had posted, I managed to put ClockWorkMod Recovery back on.

Will this cause any issues or should I leave it be?

nunow10

Sep 21, 2013
htc one x

hi can anyone please help me out htc one x o2 cid: o2_001 unlocked with hboot 1.36.0000 endeavoru pvt ship s-on rl radio 5.1204.162.29 image version 3.14.206.27 and i cant find the correct ruu file since it has started flickering every second in all the roms i used viberX cyanogen carbon all .....so i wanted to get back to stock and i havent backed up earlier so please help with the ruu file since i tried both the asia and europe one but all are higher image versions i will be glad if you.

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
You can't run a ruu on a s-on device from a different region. You can only go back to stock with a nand backup.

Check the general section - collection of stock backups thread if there is one available for you !

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Edit :

There is no 2.17 available, only a 1.29 and in theory that would work too but the account is generated to much traffic so the link is not active !

Maybe in a few days it's back up

Last edited:
Reactions: nunow10

nunow10

Sep 21, 2013
Mr Hofs;50700806: o2 uk

thanks mate, is there possibility i can stop the flickering since sometimes my phone4 sends messages and calls i don’t intend to and that really makes me sick any idea on how to stop since it all started when i updated to viberX 4.0.6 it goes really fast and i have to switch it off and on again please i would be really glad am stuck with it or even assist me with instructions on how to restore using nandroid i have the download but dont know how i tried to install it like a new rom but it got aborted since i know its different compared to ruu please am in Nairobi, Kenya tech is a big thing here.

Last edited:

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Read the backup collection thread in the general section. All is described very well there

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I see MyHTC in the device manager ... that's good

Try this ... Put the phone in the bootloader and relock the bootloader

Fastboot oem lock

Download this file

http://bugsylawson.com/index.php/fi...62-radio-2120413520-release-275038-signedexe/

Keep the phone in the bootloader after the relock and right click the ruu.exe and select

Run as administrator
    The ruu flashed back the phone to full stock. The recovery too ;) Everything okey now ?
    Edit :

There is no 2.17 available, only a 1.29 and in theory that would work too but the account is generated to much traffic so the link is not active !

Maybe in a few days it's back up