Where should I preorder the phone in Germany?

Search This thread

Chad_Petree

Apr 2, 2009
I wanna get the Xperia Z2 as soon as it comes out , but I don't know who will receive it the fastest? It sounds logical to order it on the official sony website but they're not saying when will it be available, you can just preorder it, while Saturn and Mediamarkt are saying it will be available on the 15.04, on Amazon you can preorder too, but there's no mention of the release date , what do you guys recommend? Where should I buy it? :confused:

Publicglutton

Jan 12, 2009
South West
I wanna get the Xperia Z2 as soon as it comes out , but I don't know who will receive it the fastest? It sounds logical to order it on the official sony website but they're not saying when will it be available, you can just preorder it, while Saturn and Mediamarkt are saying it will be available on the 15.04, on Amazon you can preorder too, but there's no mention of the release date , what do you guys recommend? Where should I buy it? :confused:

I pre-ordered mine in Black from Sony uk & got a free nfc speaker thrown in worth over £100, but I am not sure if you would get the same deal in Germany.
However Handtec are doing the same deal (free nfc speaker), if you pre-order before the 7th April & it's £55 cheaper than Sony :D
You could give them a call & see if the deal is available for you, which I think it is.

Here:

http://www.handtec.co.uk/sony-xperia-z2-black-free-sony-srs-btm8-speaker.html

Hope this helps :fingers-crossed:

Chad_Petree

Apr 2, 2009
I wanna buy it from a seller located in germany, in case I need to use the warranty it's easier, seems like I will have to get it on the sony website :rolleyes: , here they're offering a fitness band I believe for 1 euro extra if you reserve it on the sony website :rolleyes: "SMARTBAND SWR10" , quite boring if you ask me, sounds like your deal it's a lot better

Smartband-SWR10_2-640x433.jpg

Publicglutton

Jan 12, 2009
South West
I wanna buy it from a seller located in germany, in case I need to use the warranty it's easier, seems like I will have to get it on the sony website :rolleyes: , here they're offering a fitness band I believe for 1 euro extra if you reserve it on the sony website :rolleyes: "SMARTBAND SWR10" , quite boring if you ask me, sounds like your deal it's a lot better

Smartband-SWR10_2-640x433.jpg

I know it's more convenient to purchase from Germany, however Handtec are very good, they have a 7 day no quibble guarantee and a 30 day returns policy for replacemant or refund, after that your phone has the 2 years Sony warranty.

Not only that but they also use excellent well respected delivery companies & dont forget you getting it cheaper than Sony plus a free Portable Speaker with Bluetooth® & NFC
SRS-BTM8...what's not to like :highfive:

& NO I don't work for handtec :p , i've just used them for many years & they have been excellent for me personally. :)

Attachments

• 715bc5db594470a96c2484d2d4fab048.jpg
    715bc5db594470a96c2484d2d4fab048.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
I know it's more convenient to purchase from Germany, however Handtec are very good, they have a 7 day no quibble guarantee and a 30 day returns policy for replacemant or refund, after that your phone has the 2 years Sony warranty.

Not only that but they also use excellent well respected delivery companies & dont forget you getting it cheaper than Sony plus a free wireless NFC speaker SRS-BTX300 ...what's not to like :highfive:

& NO I don't work for handtec :p , i've just used them for many years & they have been excellent for me personally. :)

I have also used Handtech for my last couples of Sony phones (including Z2) and they have always delivered promptly on release day.
Not that Handtech is much cheaper than if I bought her in Denmark but the free accessories are much more valuable (with the Z1 it was the SW2).
Btw. the speaker from Handtech is SRS-BTM8.

Last edited:
Reactions: Publicglutton

Publicglutton

Jan 12, 2009
South West
I have also used Handtech for my last couples of Sony phones (including Z2) and they have always delivered promptly on release day.
Not that Handtech is much cheaper than if I bought her in Denmark but the free accessories are much more valuable (with the Z1 it was the SW2).

Amended, Thanks ;)

Ricochet23

Dec 22, 2012
I ordered all my previous phones at amazon.de due to easy and fast replacement if it breaks and also early availability.
Just pre ordered the Z2 from Sony this time as i want that free wristband. I already received confirmation for the order telling me that they will send it as one package meaning that ill get it as soon as both - the handset and the wristband - are available.
I dunno if the wirstband might be released a bit later than the Z2 so its possible that you get it earlier elsewhere.
It said early april in the confirmation mail. just fyi.

phil9309

Mar 10, 2014
I ordered all my previous phones at amazon.de due to easy and fast replacement if it breaks and also early availability.
Just pre ordered the Z2 from Sony this time as i want that free wristband. I already received confirmation for the order telling me that they will send it as one package meaning that ill get it as soon as both - the handset and the wristband - are available.
I dunno if the wirstband might be released a bit later than the Z2 so its possible that you get it earlier elsewhere.
It said early april in the confirmation mail. just fyi.

I preorderd from Sony too and I had to call the support for an adress change. They told me they try to sell it starting April 1st but it still depends on the major carriers. He didn't tell me why exactly, but he said that no other shop will sell it before they will and we may even get it before the carriers do.

Chad_Petree

Apr 2, 2009
I preorderd from Sony too and I had to call the support for an adress change. They told me they try to sell it starting April 1st but it still depends on the major carriers. He didn't tell me why exactly, but he said that no other shop will sell it before they will and we may even get it before the carriers do.

I thought the phone was supposed to be released on the 15th of this Month, this Saturday:crying: , I wanted it to be out already to check out the reviews, since the new HTC one is making me doubt my decision

K_Hismoom

Apr 7, 2008
Aachen

O2 Germany told me it will be available from them in CW 15, that means April 7th earliest.

SuperMarioGalaxy

Apr 7, 2013
So I live in Finland, and want the phone as soon as possible, as cheap as possible. Where do I order it? Some extra stuff would be nice if it doesn't cost extra (I can live with 1€ :) ), preferably the wristband for curiosity. I don't have any use for an external speaker. Sony Finland doesn't sell this Z2 online.

When is the availability date again? Start of April?

I've been eyeing the Amazon.de site and its 599€, without extras.

I'm under the impression that its the same version throughout Europe, or do they differ?

PS. I absolutely want the PURPLE one.

Last edited:

stress40

@SuperMarioGalaxy

I'm living in Finland and I have mine pre ordered from Amazon.de as it's the cheapest I can find in Europe. I checked the Sony.de site last night and they are no longer taking pre orders? Anyway, I am not interested in the speaker. I would be more interested in the charging dock. I previously checked all the UK phone sites (as I'm originally from Scotland and I get alot of stuff online from the UK as it is cheaper than getting it over here in Finland), that is the sites that will ship internationally, and including postage you are looking at nearly €700 :eek: . So it is Amazon Germany for me. :D

SuperMarioGalaxy

Apr 7, 2013
@SuperMarioGalaxy

I'm living in Finland and I have mine pre ordered from Amazon.de as it's the cheapest I can find in Europe. I checked the Sony.de site last night and they are no longer taking pre orders? Anyway, I am not interested in the speaker. I would be more interested in the charging dock. I previously checked all the UK phone sites (as I'm originally from Scotland and I get alot of stuff online from the UK as it is cheaper than getting it over here in Finland), that is the sites that will ship internationally, and including postage you are looking at nearly €700 :eek: . So it is Amazon Germany for me. :D
No preorders anymore. :( I'm also looking for the charging dock, but none seem to couple it with the phone. Maybe its Amazon for me too, unless someone can recommend another store in Ger for cheaper?

SuperMarioGalaxy

Apr 7, 2013
@SuperMarioGalaxy

Hey, did you have a sudden price bumb with your Z2? It says 599€ but when I was ordering it, it jumped to 624,01€ and I have no idea why.

Also, is there a hidden Paypal option? Why wouldn't you be able to pay with paypal?

I am ordering the dock with it for 30€. I like the idea of just being able to slam it in without having to fiddle with cables and covers and ports.

Well, I just ordered it but I feel scammed. There seem to be some tiny price increases here and there. Even after summing the final price and postage of the final items, they still add some random ,50€ to the total that isn't explained anywhere. I think I figured the previous price bumb. Maybe I'm paying Finland VAT for the German price.

Last edited:

stress40

Hey, did you have a sudden price bumb with your Z2? It says 599€ but when I was ordering it, it jumped to 624,01€ and I have no idea why.

Also, is there a hidden Paypal option? Why wouldn't you be able to pay with paypal?

I am ordering the dock with it for 30€. I like the idea of just being able to slam it in without having to fiddle with cables and covers and ports.

Yeah I got that too. It's because of the Finnish VAT rate of 24%. I checked my order confirmation and worked it out and it's because of the VAT :eek: . You can't pay with Paypal unfortunately as I would have liked that. But I have an account with Amazon anyway cause I use the UK site so often as I can get free delivery if I spend over €25. But not in the Z2's case. But I like the dock. I may just have to update my order. Good finding mate :good:

Chad_Petree

Apr 2, 2009
I pre-ordered mine in Black from Sony uk & got a free nfc speaker thrown in worth over £100, but I am not sure if you would get the same deal in Germany.
However Handtec are doing the same deal (free nfc speaker), if you pre-order before the 7th April & it's £55 cheaper than Sony :D
You could give them a call & see if the deal is available for you, which I think it is.

Here:

http://www.handtec.co.uk/sony-xperia-z2-black-free-sony-srs-btm8-speaker.html

Hope this helps :fingers-crossed:

Hmmm now I was considering it buying it con Handtec but its 626 euros and probably more with the international shipping? I don't really want or need the speaker, if it had been for the same price then of course yeah haha :crying: I'm guessing it will be amazon.de for me :( , still I'm waiting for the HTC unveil of the one to press the preorder button and get the Z2 if the M8 disappoints me like I think it will :(

One thing I don't understand is amazon's warranty, I tried to preorder the phone (just to see if it had an approximate date of delivery) and it gave the option to add a 60 eur 2 year warranty, so what does that mean? That amazon only offers a 30 day warranty ? :/

Last edited:

phil9309

Mar 10, 2014
One thing I don't understand is amazon's warranty, I tried to preorder the phone (just to see if it had an approximate date of delivery) and it gave the option to add a 60 eur 2 year warranty, so what does that mean? That amazon only offers a 30 day warranty ? :/

It has the normal 2 year warranty, you can add an A-to-Z-warranty by Amazon for premium service, but you don't need it.

Also you'll have warranty from Sony directly.

Chad_Petree

Apr 2, 2009
It has the normal 2 year warranty, you can add an A-to-Z-warranty by Amazon for premium service, but you don't need it.

Also you'll have warranty from Sony directly.

Oh thank you! I'm just confused because I got my macbook pro on amazon and I had a problem with the screen , apple repaired it but said they can only offer me one year warranty :/

Can you cancel a pre order from amazon? I want to pre order it but cancel in case the one (m8) has different specs than the leaked ones :'( aka a GOOD Battery and at least a 8 MP picture output

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Not only that but they also use excellent well respected delivery companies & dont forget you getting it cheaper than Sony plus a free wireless NFC speaker SRS-BTX300 ...what's not to like :highfive: