Just won a Kindle Fire HD on eBay which gives registration error ... work around?

Search This thread

GameGuru41

May 11, 2012
Dover
www.iosgamingnation.com
I just won and paid for it today (hasn't shipped yet) a Kindle Fire HD that receives the message "There was an error while registering your Kindle. Please try again later" when trying to register it on an Amazon account. It didn't have any bidders so I bid cheap and one thinking there must be a fix for it so I can register it with my Amazon account. So could I do it?

If not I can still root and put a customer ROM on it and access the Play Store right? I would like it to work with my Amazon account too though as I have a lot of books purchased from there.

So what is the prognosis for this?

r3pwn

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 11, 2012
r3pwn.com
Yes, that sounds like it will be easily fixable with a custom ROM, but it also sounds like you may never be able to register that Kindle on stock OS.

Sent from my Amazon Tate using Tapatalk

r3pwn

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 11, 2012
r3pwn.com
Would I be able to install a custom ROM and be able to register it with Amazon?
Unless you pick Kinology, there is no real "registering it with Amazon" on a custom ROM. You will be able to download the Amazon Appstore just fine and log in, if that's what you were wondering.

Sent from my Amazon Tate using Tapatalk

Ph0enix_216

If you really wanted to use the stock software or Kinology, you could spend about $35 and get a new motherboard, and swap it out with the old one. Once you power it on for the first time with the new motherboard, Amazon will think it's a different Kindle, and let you register it.

A bit of a drastic step, but... it works.