[guide]To install Xperia fastboot driver on windows 8

Search This thread

garvitdelhi

Jun 28, 2013
Delhi
hey guys this is the new thread as the previous thread can not be monitored now as the owner of that thread @Ivan93tm don't have xperia go anymore

so here i start

requirements

1. Download and install JDK tools form Java here.
  2. Download SDK android from this site.
  3. usb_driver.zip - 8.68 MB

for installing the new sdk in windows 8
  • extract the sdk to a convenient place
  • run sdk manager and download Extras file "google usb drivers".

if sdk manager don't run then follow these steps

1. open sdk/tools/android.bat with your favorite editor.
  2. find this code
  3. set java_exe=
    call lib\find_java.bat
    if not defined java_exe goto :EOF
  4. then replace this with
  5. set java_exe="D:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_07\bin\java.exe" (make sure you give your java.exe file path)
  6. save android.bat then run android.bat as administrator and you are done your sdk will run.

now follow the steps

1. go to settings in windows 8 then go to general then in advanced setup click restart now.
  2. then go to troubleshoot --> Advanced option --> Startup settings --> Restart.
  3. then you will get a window with some options choose number 7. Disable Driver Signature Enforcement.
    • or you can do it through cmd lines.
    • open cmd as administrative.
    • type "bcdedit /set testsigning on" and restart PC
    • and when bellow steps are done then at the end type this type "bcdedit /set testsigning off" in cmd and restart PC
  4. power off you phone.
  5. go to control panel --> system and Security --> System --> Device manager.
  6. now connect your phone in fastboot mode i.e connecting to usb while holding the volume + button
  7. USE USB 2.0 ONLY.
  8. now S1 fast boot device is appear click fastly on it and update driver.
  9. now when phone turn in normal mode unplag phone (keep open update driver windows).
  10. select driver from folder
  11. then select "chose manualy from a list of driver in computer".
  12. browse from disk and select "android_winusb.inf" from "...\android-sdk\extras\google\usb_driver" and select "android bootloader interface.
  13. before click next plug again the phone in fastboot mode.
  14. click next and your done.

EDIT :

For WINDOWS 8.1

just update your windows from store
or download from here

credits to @Ivan93tm

Last edited:

garvitdelhi

Jun 28, 2013
Delhi
Yeah I've tried everything. Connects fine normally.

tried

different USB ports, 2.0 and 3.0
enabling USB debugging mode
uninstalling drivers

Light on phone turns green, but then just goes into charging mode.

I'm on Windows 8 64
green...??? it must be voilet or blue while pluging in your phone your phone must be switched off and then connect to usb whole pressing the volume up key not down

green...??? it must be voilet or blue while pluging in your phone your phone must be switched off and then connect to usb whole pressing the volume up key not down

Really? I've got Xperia U, PC Companion tells me to press volume down...

---------- Post added at 05:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 AM ----------

Tried holdin volume up instead, light goes blue, but still get "USB device not recognised"

garvitdelhi

Jun 28, 2013
Delhi
green is for flashmode and voilet is for fastboot mode and try with volume up button pcc uses flashmode so it tells you to put with volume down and did your phone is detected by pcc if not try installing pcc again and then disable windows verification and then try again

2Radon

Feb 17, 2013
On my Windows 8.1 64-bit at step 8 it doesn't recognize it as S1 fastboot device.
When I select android_winusb.inf and click OK, it says the folder specified doesn't contain a compatible driver for my device, make sure it is designed to work with Windows x64-based systems.
So I can't. ;(

nagarjuna93

Nov 3, 2013
On my Windows 8.1 64-bit at step 8 it doesn't recognize it as S1 fastboot device.
When I select android_winusb.inf and click OK, it says the folder specified doesn't contain a compatible driver for my device, make sure it is designed to work with Windows x64-based systems.
So I can't. ;(

same problem with my windows 8.1 64bit

tymoe

Jan 20, 2010
same problem here. device manager displays unknwon device and wont accept the .inf - file...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hey guys this is the new thread as the previous thread can not be monitored now as the owner of that thread @Ivan93tm don't have xperia go anymore

so here i start

requirements

1. Download and install JDK tools form Java here.
    2. Download SDK android from this site.
    3. usb_driver.zip - 8.68 MB

for installing the new sdk in windows 8
    • extract the sdk to a convenient place
    • run sdk manager and download Extras file "google usb drivers".

if sdk manager don't run then follow these steps

1. open sdk/tools/android.bat with your favorite editor.
    2. find this code
    3. set java_exe=
      call lib\find_java.bat
      if not defined java_exe goto :EOF
    4. then replace this with
    5. set java_exe="D:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_07\bin\java.exe" (make sure you give your java.exe file path)
    6. save android.bat then run android.bat as administrator and you are done your sdk will run.

now follow the steps

1. go to settings in windows 8 then go to general then in advanced setup click restart now.
    2. then go to troubleshoot --> Advanced option --> Startup settings --> Restart.
    3. then you will get a window with some options choose number 7. Disable Driver Signature Enforcement.
      • or you can do it through cmd lines.
      • open cmd as administrative.
      • type "bcdedit /set testsigning on" and restart PC
      • and when bellow steps are done then at the end type this type "bcdedit /set testsigning off" in cmd and restart PC
    4. power off you phone.
    5. go to control panel --> system and Security --> System --> Device manager.
    6. now connect your phone in fastboot mode i.e connecting to usb while holding the volume + button
    7. USE USB 2.0 ONLY.
    8. now S1 fast boot device is appear click fastly on it and update driver.
    9. now when phone turn in normal mode unplag phone (keep open update driver windows).
    10. select driver from folder
    11. then select "chose manualy from a list of driver in computer".
    12. browse from disk and select "android_winusb.inf" from "...\android-sdk\extras\google\usb_driver" and select "android bootloader interface.
    13. before click next plug again the phone in fastboot mode.
    14. click next and your done.

EDIT :

For WINDOWS 8.1

just update your windows from store
    or download from here

credits to @Ivan93tm
    There is a working fix for windows 8.1 :)
    For x64 Win 8.1 and for x86 Win 8.1

I used the one for x64 and it worked :)

Anyone DO NOT INSTALL this,Microsoft relased update and it works now.
    Just install from Windows Update app.

Sent from my Xperia U using Tapatalk
    guys if you still haven't found the solution for x64 Windows 8.1 just install this windows update for compatibility issues http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2917929 and install the flashtool and drivers..
    guys if you still haven't found the solution for x64 Windows 8.1 just install this windows update for compatibility issues http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2917929 and install the flashtool and drivers..

There are 2 or 3 threads related to windows 8/8.1 maybe you would like to post it there.