[KERNEL][stable: M1 (2.6.39.4) - exp: Alpha 31 (3.1.10)] Kowalski Kernel

2,140 posts
Thanks Meter: 23,027

By pengus77, Recognized Developer on 13th January 2013, 07:57 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th January 2013, 10:37 PM |#511  
Thanks Meter: 565

More
Congrats on the new kernel mate, they just keep getting better and better. 010 is absolutely amazing.

Faster and at the same time better battery life =
19th January 2013, 10:39 PM |#512  
OP Recognized Developer
Penguins' Republic of Antarctica

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiesOfAzel

This is by far your best kernel mate, i can't thank you enough for your work! I/O is unbelievably fast and zram is finally useful. I checked the later with a swappiness of 90 to test the efficiency of snappy and it lives up to the name indeed, the difference with the older algorithm is night and day.

The new lmk's behavior is excellent so far. It seems to adapt according to the current running processes, and the system is fast and responsive even when free ram is fairly low.

It's kind of ironic that so many nice addition to our phone come from Qualcomm. They used to be like nVidia with OSS, but they are constantly changing for the better, while nVidia is steady as a rock . Since i vote with my wallet, my next phone will have a snapdragon even if there are faster platforms out there by that time.

Hehehe true, Qualcomm really came out to oss in a totally unexpected way, but hey they did a great job. I had to spend quite some time to adapt their stuff to the 2.6.39.4 kernel, but it was definitely worth the effort. The new lmk is indeed adaptive, and calculates the oom values based on the active load. Glad you like the snappy zram and hope you enjoy the new interactive governor too... well aside that, tons of other subtle things and fixes happened and i think now it's reached a quite stable base to build on...
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pengus77 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th January 2013, 11:05 PM |#513  
Thanks Meter: 802

More
Nice stuff again!
Pengus, do you personally use Interactive or dyinteractive CPU on the newest kernel?
19th January 2013, 11:09 PM |#514  
Flag Goiânia
Thanks Meter: 38

Donate to Me
More
Pengus77, i need to install the new kernel and the std module?
19th January 2013, 11:10 PM |#515  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalya

Nice stuff again!
Pengus, do you personally use Interactive or dyinteractive CPU on the newest kernel?

Read last few pages, he already answered that question.

He uses Dyninteractive governor and ROW I/O with 1024 readahead. You can install "Trickster MOD" app to adjust readahead and it will stay on reboots.
19th January 2013, 11:17 PM |#516  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugoqueiroz94

Pengus77, i need to install the new kernel and the std module?

You don't have to... but i suggest you do
About the std module, only if your router has problems with the PSP Fast mode, or if you need more reception power
19th January 2013, 11:21 PM |#517  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brugobo

Read last few pages, he already answered that question.

He uses Dyninteractive governor and ROW I/O with 1024 readahead. You can install "Trickster MOD" app to adjust readahead and it will stay on reboots.

actually, he did switch to the "interactive" governor in the latest kernel, cause it's faster and more responsive (according to OP)
19th January 2013, 11:23 PM |#518  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by besho2222

actually, he did switch to the "interactive" governor in the latest kernel, cause it's faster and more responsive (according to OP)

Yes, i switched to interactive as "default governor" because apparently users want FAST and SPEEDY instead of stable and battery friendly. I personally use Dynamic Interactive because i like responsive and battery wise

Anyway i already explained this a few pages back after the release post. Go read the whole thing
The Following User Says Thank You to pengus77 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th January 2013, 11:35 PM |#519  
Thanks Meter: 129

Donate to Me
More
Re: [KERNEL][CM10/ICS - OLD/NEW BL][010 - 2013/01/19] Kowalski Kernel
so this kernel is working constantly on 1000mz ?
19th January 2013, 11:35 PM |#520  
Flag Goiânia
Thanks Meter: 38

Donate to Me
More
If i install the psp module i need to activate using terminal emulator or is automatic?
19th January 2013, 11:38 PM |#521  
Thanks Meter: 341

More
just interested, should we leave zRam at 18% - default or we can chose 26% ? ty
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
beware ! wild penguins, fish slapping takes place here, ics - cm10 - cm10.1, jelly bean, kernel, no polar bears - killer whales or sharks allowed, nvidia sucks - lg sucks more

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)