CM_Arcee's ICS Beta ROM Discussion Thread

Search This thread

mackster248

Aug 1, 2009
Palmdale, CA
I feel like it deserves its own thread in the General section as the other one mainly pertains to ICS development.

Anyways, my voice to text was working flawlessly at first but not anymore. Anyone else having the same problem?

And if you're still unsure about running it, here's a short vid on it and how it runs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IInyumYOtu0

JHaste

Jan 7, 2010
Tempe Arizona!
i get a weird problem that went im in the messenger app, if im typing in landscape and then go back to portrait the screen has a weird black overlay and I cant really see anything... it wont go away unless i restart the app... other than that stuff is running fine

Edit: I think this is a known problem because its an "android 4" app... he mentioned they would be glitchy

mackster248

Aug 1, 2009
Palmdale, CA
i get a weird problem that went im in the messenger app, if im typing in landscape and then go back to portrait the screen has a weird black overlay and I cant really see anything... it wont go away unless i restart the app... other than that stuff is running fine

Edit: I think this is a known problem because its an "android 4" app... he mentioned they would be glitchy

Yeah hardware acceleration isn't really fully working yet since its just a hack at the moment. That's why apps that utilize it are still weird at the moment. But hopefully he is able to fix that in the near future.

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

zoppp

Nov 17, 2011
The brightness only adjusts the capacitive buttons, not the screen.

Sent from my G2X

spencersir2

Sep 23, 2010
Lubbock
Boot loop

I posted on General ICS thread before I saw this one, but I used G2x Scrubber and I have tried normal Factory Reset, and Than I flash CM9 and Gapps( for 4.0), but it gets stuck at the Lg screen and goes into bootloop... I can still get to recovery but I cant get CM9 to work any suggestions?

MasterGGM

Nov 11, 2010

this should fix that http://kan.gd/1g6l

follow RC on G+

C0dy

Jul 10, 2009
California
The only real issue I have is when I tap the screen, sometimes it'll act as if I'm holding down on where I tapped. Camera works for me now, but attempting to take picture make it not respond, asking me to force close. Still, it's good been good enough to use all day for me.

Sent from my CM9 G2x

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I feel like it deserves its own thread in the General section as the other one mainly pertains to ICS development.

Anyways, my voice to text was working flawlessly at first but not anymore. Anyone else having the same problem?

And if you're still unsure about running it, here's a short vid on it and how it runs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IInyumYOtu0
    OK, so here's an update for those who haven't flashed yet. This is very stable for me so far. Of course camera is very iffy. Wifi works, data works, and I've put in some scripts and mods in mine so it flies. I will definitely make a rom based from AOSP source combined with CM_arcee 's fixes for sound, data, and camera when he releases the source. I have so many plans for this.

Sent from my G2X XDA app cuz I'm stalking your mom....
    You are right... but for me... I just need texting... calling... wifi... and web browsing... and camera... so this is perfect for me as a daily driver... :)

It's the same with me, but i hate all the people asking how to get this and that working, or how to fix the problem they are having. the ROM is not even finished yet, if something is not working for you, that's most likely because the code for it simply isn't there yet.

On the other hand I'm simply amazed at how much IS working at this point and I'm really excited to look at the code :)

Also, if you guys really love all this work that's going into this, don't forget to donate to the ones making it all happen!!!

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk
    You are right... but for me... I just need texting... calling... wifi... and web browsing... and camera... so this is perfect for me as a daily driver... :)

For those without an external sdcard, I made a flashable zip that should replace your vold.fstab, switching sdcard and emmc. I haven't tested this. Please don't expect support. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13887091/vold.fstab.zip

EDIT: I just re uploaded the file. According to a tester it doesn't work. It does not affect bootability. I am doing some research to get this working.
    EDIT2: reuploaded the file. It should work now. Thanks death1246.