Wide/Macro Lens for the Evo

Search This thread

rutter9

Dec 31, 2007
They are good but shipping usually takes 3 weeks. I have a jewelers eyepiece that does the same thing as these macro lenses. The one I have is only 1.5x you can buy then at 10x and more. You can buy them for a penny on ebay:

imag0026s.jpg
imag0027j.jpg
imag0029o.jpg

Last edited:

kmartburrito

Mar 17, 2006
Denver, CO
Yeah. But they arent for photographic sessions. They tend to fall off with heavy use.

Dang, that sucks to hear. I was hoping it would be a strong enough magnet to stay at least somewhat firmly attached. I guess you can't expect too much for something that wasn't specifically designed for the Evo.

In any case, it's cool though!

sanjsrik

Some of you might already know about this, but I just read an article that talks about a set of macro/wide lens that's compatible with the Evo. From the picutrestaken with it, it looks pretty terrific.

Sample shots here: http://www.goodandevo.net/2010/06/review-magnetic-macro-lens-for-htc-evo-4g.html

Can be purchased here: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.14953

Quite simply is there a reason not to love their weird selection of products. I've bought so much stuff from them that I have NEVER been able to find anywhere else. I think this company is great.

jgutz20

Mar 26, 2008
Looks like fun!

I placed my order, not to worried if they dont stick on there perfectly, they are fairly cheap, do the eyeglass pieces stick to the Evo as well or were those pics taken while holding it in place?

Fixter

Jun 6, 2009
Durham
Timothy. I have been a client of them for more than 2 years. No one will receive theirs until 2 weeks or more.

-------------------------------------
Sent via HTC Evo

Mast3rpyr0

Jan 27, 2010
Columbus
I went and got a walmart money card to get these things but paypal isnt liking it so i guess ill just have to wait til my new check card comes in the mail to order. Hoping i get as good of shots that engadget showed.

sniggle

Mar 11, 2008
so, has anyone received one that they've ordered yet? mine says it is 'in packaging'....lord only knows how long that is going to take...

expect to wait a bit, that's why shipping is free and it's so cheap. probably 1.5-2 weeks, as that's what happened when i bought a cheap fling monkey scream toy from them last year. that being said, at this price it's still pretty sweet. :)

on a side note, can anyone recommend any of the ones from that first amazon link? i'd prefer to have it shipped quicker and pay for higher quality if it's reasonable. thanks in advance!

Last edited:

rutter9

Dec 31, 2007
I placed my order, not to worried if they dont stick on there perfectly, they are fairly cheap, do the eyeglass pieces stick to the Evo as well or were those pics taken while holding it in place?

All I did was put the camera right over top of the jewelers lens. The macro shots are more of a novelty for a camera phone. I've always known about this and maybe tried it out 3 times tops on cell phones. Like I said you can buy the jewelers lenses for a penny on ebay, and they are much higher quality and you can pick the magnification.

lacrossev

Nov 9, 2008
SF Bay Area
Theres a product called jelly lens that does the same thing as this except it uses like silly putty or something around the ring to stick instead of using a magnetic ring