Android [GEARS] Boot Animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jhearrtot

Jul 24, 2011
EDIT: I managed to make it work. Used root explorer and navigated to /data/local and pasted here bootanimation.zip even if there's no old bootanimation.zip to replace/backup in this location. restarted and voila! :)

thanks!

Last edited:

gammaRascal

Apr 21, 2011
SoCal
Heya Agentfazexx .. I'm not sure how to answer that since I'm not familiar with CWM or flashing... I'll defer to your experience and just say that the bootanimation.zip just needs to be in /data/local - if you downloaded bootanimation_v2.zip - rename it and remove the _v2 part so it only reads as bootanimation.zip.

Reactions: agentfazexx

agentfazexx

Aug 10, 2010
Maryland, USA
Heya Agentfazexx .. I'm not sure how to answer that since I'm not familiar with CWM or flashing... I'll defer to your experience and just say that the bootanimation.zip just needs to be in /data/local - if you downloaded bootanimation_v2.zip - rename it and remove the _v2 part so it only reads as bootanimation.zip.

Thanks. And I presume that removing this will revert back to the "android" boot animation?

gammaRascal

Apr 21, 2011
SoCal
No idea. Someone said it will revert back to the stock boot animation but I haven't done this so I couldn't say.

If your concern is about updates, with a custom boot animation installed, then don't worry about it. The updates (as far as I know and I've gone through OTA incremental and 3.1) don't pay any attention to the boot animation. When I rebooted, it wasn't overwritten and it updated/booted fine.

Reactions: agentfazexx

popoyaya

Oct 23, 2010
London
Awesome! Best boot animation for Android.

Any chance you could do a version for 1024 x 600 tablets?
Also a 480 x 800 portait mode for phones?

gammaRascal

Apr 21, 2011
SoCal
I just picked up an LG Optimus T from T-Mobile - I will definitely be doing a bootanimation for it but whether its a redo of [GEARS] or something new, I don't know. Rooting and tweaking first.

KiraHack

Jan 30, 2011
HELP!

After putting this boot screen is stuck on turning my Ideos, I only see the droid that comes to life very slowly, then black screen and the animation starts again ...

How do I?

K

kjy2010

After putting this boot screen is stuck on turning my Ideos, I only see the droid that comes to life very slowly, then black screen and the animation starts again ...

How do I?

That boot animation is made for a tablet, higher screen Res than that tiny Ideos phone.:rolleyes:

KiserianSm

Oct 19, 2010
Caracas
*Important*

This thread is for discussion of the boot animations linked below - questions, complaints, comments, feedback etc.

If you have an idea for a boot animation or request? > Post it in this other thread only please <

Android [GEARS] *NO TAGS*

Preview Video <v.2>

Android [GEARS] is a replacement mod for the stock ANDROID loading logo animation with a touch of Honeycomb colors and flavor.

• Android Recovery animation - but flashy!
  • Animated Gears and eye candy! *heart pounding android luv (v.2)*
  • Tinted HC blue to be different than "recovery green"
  • Loops until tab is fully loaded

Should work on any cousins of the a500 running HC @1280x800: eg Eee Pad etc. Use at your own risk, however.

Android [GEARS] v.1>video by HarshReality<
Starting at the smallest size @4.2mb :
>Preview a single Android [GEARS] v.1 frame here<
>Download the Android [GEARS] v.1 boot animation attached below<

Android [GEARS] v.2 *with added snazzification*>video here<
A little fatter @4.7mb :
>Preview a single Android [GEARS] v.2 frame here<
>Download the Android [GEARS] v.2 boot animation attached below<

Want something different!? You have another option here: Acer a500 Boot Animation [CombBar v.1]

And three more here: Acer a500 Boot Animation [v.Clean, v.ACER & v.Full]

I hope you enjoy these (or at least the one you use) - I welcome any feedback. And if you have a moment, tell me which one you're using and why. If you're not an XDA member, sign-up already!

If you like my work, consider a donation. More to come - wallpapers, icons, boot animations - themes.

Android [GEARS] v.1 / v.2
bootanimation
by gammaRascal
for xda members & guests

Please do not redistribute without permission. Point your friends to this XDA thread to download :)
Want a custom Boot Animation for your ROM? Contact me!
Dude, can we use your boot ani for a CFW for the kyros series? developers are working to put honeycomb on it so having this one would be SWEEEET! can we? =D Thnx anyways :D

aksolanki

Mar 14, 2011
Lugo, Italy.
www.thisiswhatwedo.com
No. These are standalone boot animations. If you want me to make one for you ROM, contact me privately.
Hi gammaRascal, I would love to use the plain green vanilla version of the gears boot animation on my LG O2X, 480 x 800. But after searching for 45 mins I can't find one .

Could anyone kindly provide me with a download link that actually works?
I would be most grateful. Regards. Anil

EDIT. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1202005 This link works, I wish I had just waited another 10 minutes.

Last edited:

Jughead295

Jan 22, 2016
tinyurl.com
Modified Animation Not Working

Sorry if this is considered necro-ing.

I tried to modify your Android Gears v2 boot animation to work on my OnePlus 2. I modified all the images so that they were all 1080×1920, and then changed the first two numbers in desc.txt to 1080 1920. I compressed the file with store, moved it to /system/media, and changed permissions to rw-r--r--.

I would attach the .zip file I modified, but I can't find an "attachment" button.

Is there something I did incorrectly? Could you please help me by making a version for my phone? Thank you!

EDIT: I was able to make a version that worked on my phone using the Bhoot app. It's uploaded as "Android Gears" and this thread was listed as its source.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *Important*

This thread is for discussion of the boot animations linked below - questions, complaints, comments, feedback etc.

If you have an idea for a boot animation or request? > Post it in this other thread only please <

Android [GEARS] *NO TAGS*

Preview Video <v.2>

Android [GEARS] is a replacement mod for the stock ANDROID loading logo animation with a touch of Honeycomb colors and flavor.

• Android Recovery animation - but flashy!
    • Animated Gears and eye candy! *heart pounding android luv (v.2)*
    • Tinted HC blue to be different than "recovery green"
    • Loops until tab is fully loaded

Should work on any cousins of the a500 running HC @1280x800: eg Eee Pad etc. Use at your own risk, however.

Android [GEARS] v.1>video by HarshReality<
    Starting at the smallest size @4.2mb :
    >Preview a single Android [GEARS] v.1 frame here<
    >Download the Android [GEARS] v.1 boot animation attached below<

Android [GEARS] v.2 *with added snazzification*>video here<
    A little fatter @4.7mb :
    >Preview a single Android [GEARS] v.2 frame here<
    >Download the Android [GEARS] v.2 boot animation attached below<

Want something different!? You have another option here: Acer a500 Boot Animation [CombBar v.1]

And three more here: Acer a500 Boot Animation [v.Clean, v.ACER & v.Full]

I hope you enjoy these (or at least the one you use) - I welcome any feedback. And if you have a moment, tell me which one you're using and why. If you're not an XDA member, sign-up already!

If you like my work, consider a donation. More to come - wallpapers, icons, boot animations - themes.

Android [GEARS] v.1 / v.2
    bootanimation
    by gammaRascal
    for xda members & guests

Please do not redistribute without permission. Point your friends to this XDA thread to download :)
    Want a custom Boot Animation for your ROM? Contact me!
    @gammaRascal - My apologies, on re-reading this complete thread I realise I was confusing it with one of your other threads"What Would You Like To See In A Boot Animation". In that thread you had given me some pointers to creating an animation and I now realise that it was most improper to dump an amateur animation in this thread of yours. I am going to delete it and possibly start a new thread where posters can submit their bootanimation efforts. Once more my apologies.
    Updated OP with v2.
    woooooooooohoooooooooo lush v2! Thanks for the new one, will be waiting for a new one from you with baited breath! You little legend ;)
    Thread closed - it's way past its sell-by date!