HTC Universal SIM Unlock

Search This thread

madkat

May 19, 2004
Chesterfield
vijay555 said:
Now someone needs to work on a WM2003 downgrader :D .

I don't think there's anything wrong with WM5 per se, in fact I remember it ran OK on my XDA2. The more recent WM5 devices, however, use flash memory. This is because of idiots letting their battery run flat and then complaining when all their data was lost. Because file memory and program memory is still shared, that means program memory is also flash. Hence the reason it feels so sluggish. Very stupid decision in my opinion. Hopefully one which will be learnt from - it's time these kind of devices had a 4Gb storage and 256Mb of fast program memory as seperate stores.

gianga

Oct 17, 2005
Italy
HELP!

After a succesful unlocking I had the wonderful idea to update the bootloader from 1.00 to 1.01 AKU2 to upgrade the device to the latest Italian IMATE AKU2 ROM......

Now, both in soft and cold reset, the screen is frozen where it shows:

R 0.00.00
G 42.37.P8
D 1.12.43 GER

PLEASE HELP ME WHAT CAN I DO? SHALL I RE-INSTALL the BUZZ RADIO?

stupiddog

May 28, 2005
Bonn
www.andreas-buschka.de
Re: HELP!

gianga said:
PLEASE HELP ME WHAT CAN I DO? SHALL I RE-INSTALL the BUZZ RADIO?

Try putting the device in bootloader mode (like you did before for unlocking) and then flashing the AKU2 rom (windows mobile rom + radio rom, +extended rom if you like).

If your package is a single .EXE-File like T-Mobile Germany's AKU2-upgrade, extract the files from it with WinRAR. This enables you to skip the bootloader upgrade.

wtanph

Aug 15, 2005
after unlock, it works on non 3G sim card but on 3G sim card it show invalid or missing sim card, how to turn umts off?

d3vil

Oct 31, 2004
/dev/null
Man, i just bought my spv m5000 today, 10min after i got it the unlocker came up! worked like a charm, kudos to mamaich, buzz & others

u guys rock! :twisted:

bleugh

Apr 29, 2006
Buzz, get yourself some cash, PLEASE ebay this

you mayaswell, others are already doing it :-(

monakh

Jul 7, 2005
Lahore | Manama | Washington
Buzz. Congratulations! I KNEW you would do it eventually :)

And, of course, also a very hearty congratulations to all who helped:

arc
itsme
machinagod
mamaich
mwang
vijay555

You folks are the reason XDA-Dev is the place it is. Thank you.

If anyone starts a Buzz_Lightyear T60p laptop fund, the first $100 is mine to pledge.

elmirod

May 12, 2006
The radio updater does not work me for me either
alto the unlocker it self seems to have work either way!
ill try it out to enter 00000000
when it allows me cause now its showing enter unlock code
ill give ya news soon !

Elmir0d

ai118

May 21, 2006
UNlocked, problems!?

Ive unlocked my device (woohooo!!),
And unpgraded it (SPV M5000) to the latest orange rom (all three roms) with no problems. ANd now it works on both 2.5G O2 card, and 3 (WCDMA) cards.

I was having a problem before, and hoped it would be sorted in the new ROM, but its not. THe problem is that you cant switch the device off!!, and whenever I try, it goes into sleep, then when it comes out of sleep the backlight doesnt work unless I go to settings and remind it that the back light should be on!
Seems like a pretty bad design if you indeed cannot switch it off without removing the battery, ive checked the wiki but couldnt see anything on this so if anyone can help then muchos gracias por and por favor.

(and once again a million and one thanks to Buzz and all his miniards)

I've just listed an auction on ebay, to tell any interested parties that the software is available free at buzzdev.net, with the advice to download it from there and donate the the developer instead of paying the vultures on ebay.

Hopefully that will prevent the scum from making too many sales.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Buzz:

it is my impression that this error 150 is happening only recently to a few people (me among them...) i have downloaded the .rar file from your site. can you imagine that maybe there is something wrong wit the content of the package on your website? as mentioned earlier, i did use the maupgrade noiIDsoftware in the past uccessfully on an mda pro. and now this was the first time on vpa4 since there is no original german vodafone software available to restore to if necessary..so i did not want to fool around with the device...except that i took a shot with the sim unlocker...but that gave me this famous 150 error...

many thanks for the impressive work.

Andy
    AndyME said:
    Buzz:

it is my impression that this error 150 is happening only recently to a few people (me among them...) i have downloaded the .rar file from your site. can you imagine that maybe there is something wrong wit the content of the package on your website? as mentioned earlier, i did use the maupgrade noiIDsoftware in the past uccessfully on an mda pro. and now this was the first time on vpa4 since there is no original german vodafone software available to restore to if necessary..so i did not want to fool around with the device...except that i took a shot with the sim unlocker...but that gave me this famous 150 error...

many thanks for the impressive work.

Andy
    hi Andy,
    as long as you can unpack those archives, everything should be OK with it.

buzz
    Now, now, children, please don't quibble and quarrel amongst each other. Remember Uncle Buzz is here to help you.

I mean really folks! It's clear the unlocker works. We should all be thankful that Buzz & Co. did it. If it's not working for you, then it's your unique circumstances that have caused that and not the fact that the unlocker is not working. Sheesh. Just do the math!

What cracks me up is that now folks want a 'Re-locker'? We spent months agonizing over the creation and progress of Buzz's tool and now we want to be able to re-lock our devices? Don't play with fire if you can't handle the heat man! You should know that anytime you are messing with the bootloader mode you risk voiding your warranty.

You just can't make everyone happy!
    this warning displaying when I try to connect SPV in (bootloader mode) with PC
    Code:
    http://img207.imageshack.us/my.php?image=usb8fg.jpg