[Q] Can Verizon HTC One M8 be converted to Developer Edition ?

Search This thread

rachitboom2

Oct 15, 2010
Can Verizon HTC One M8 be converted to Developer Edition like it was possible with M7 ?

If so then would please guide me to the page ?

Thanks in advance

MindfulSheep

Apr 20, 2014
Why?
I'm seriously asking.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

I apologize if your question was serious. But, as the poster above stated, a developer edition isn't really anything special other than that it comes factory sim and bootloader unlocked. There's really no such thing as converting to a developer edition.

rachitboom2

Oct 15, 2010
I apologize if your question was serious. But, as the poster above stated, a developer edition isn't really anything special other than that it comes factory sim and bootloader unlocked. There's really no such thing as converting to a developer edition.

Actually if I can install the developer edition rom on Verizon M8 I will have no Verizon bloatware and it gets the fastest software updates directly from HTC.

Like my At&t M7 converted to Developer Edition received kitkat update 1 month before At&t released it.

Also Verizon rom has removed a few options such as switching between 2g/3g. It only has a switch between 3g/4g. I live in India where only a few states have 4G ang I dont have 4G in my region. But this is just an example.

MindfulSheep

Apr 20, 2014
Actually if I can install the developer edition rom on Verizon M8 I will have no Verizon bloatware and it gets the fastest software updates directly from HTC.

Like my At&t M7 converted to Developer Edition received kitkat update 1 month before At&t released it.

Also Verizon rom has removed a few options such as switching between 2g/3g. It only has a switch between 3g/4g. I live in India where only a few states have 4G ang I dont have 4G in my region. But this is just an example.

I'm assuming you're speaking towards being able to receive the regular OTA's from HTC for the dev edition. While it should be possible to flash a stock dev edition rom, I can't say for certain whether you would actually be able to receive the OTA's.

Last edited:

kirdroid

Feb 21, 2011
Seattle
Can Verizon HTC One M8 be converted to Developer Edition like it was possible with M7 ?

If so then would please guide me to the page ?

Thanks in advance

No visit the GPE RUU conversion thread and it states that conversion works only for GSM models and doesn't work with CDMA. Bad luck you are with Verizon, screw them and use a gsm carrier like att or T-Mobile :)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

MindfulSheep

Apr 20, 2014
No visit the GPE RUU conversion thread and it states that conversion works only for GSM models and doesn't work with CDMA. Bad luck you are with Verizon, screw them and use a gsm carrier like att or T-Mobile :)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

The dev edition uses Sense. I can say that for sure because I have a dev edition. That being said, there still could be a conflict because of Verizon/CDMA since the dev edition is based on GSM.