[ROM][CAVA][* 3VOLUTION series *][WM6.1 STD][Latest Stable Build 3VO.0.99.060509]

Search This thread

ookba

Oct 12, 2007
LA
New 3VOLUTION series ROMS! I cooked up these ROMS with packages from the new HTC SNAP. The new 3VOLUTION series of Smartphone ROMS will give all new life to our older devices. And since the CAV has a pretty fast CPU and descent RAM, it runs very well. Give it a run and please report any bugs found.

This ROM only flashes your phones Operating System and Splash screens. Your radio is seperate and will not be modified. I have not tested this ROM on Dopod devices, only HTC. Please flash, test, report, and enjoy!

Included in the ROM (basics for now):

* All new Phone Canvas and HTC Sliding Panels
* Some customized splashes, backgrounds, and icons
* HTC Weather Panels (6.1)
* HTC Album and Comm Manager
* HTC Camera and Camcorder
* New HTC Dialer
* Internet Explorer 6.0 (with mouse pointer!)
* New HTC Inner Circle Application
* CeleTask and CeleCmd
* All new Settings for better customization
* CHome Configurator
* Office Mobile
* SIM Manager and Task Manager
* USB to PC
* Adobe Reader LE 2.0
* ClockOnTop Application
* ROM is Application unlocked
* (Removed Windows Live for now, I can re add it later)

Current known bugs:

* 6.5 ROM has a Homescreen bug, please see workaround below
* The Cavalier hardware has major bugs. No OS newer than 19XXX will run correctly. Use Version 0.99 for a stable WM 6.1 release.

I know that for some, as for me, the Bluetooth problem is major. If anyone wants to take a stab at it and help find a fix, by all means, please do! I think it has something do to with btdrt.dll not registering properly.

Flashing instructions (Remove the SD card!!):

1. HardSPL Recommended! See here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=398945
2. Download and unzip the file
3. Run RomUpdateUtility.exe
4. Follow the prompts
5. The flash will take about 8-10 minutes
6. Upon first boot, it will seem frozen for a few minutes, maybe even go black. This is NORMAL!
7. Enjoy!

In case something goes wrong:

1. Remove the battery and the SD Card--> Put ONLY the battery back in.
2. While holding the camera button, press the power button
3. The multicolor boot screen will pop up
4. Plug in the USB cable and flash back your shipped (HTC or Dopod) ROM
5. Find out what went wrong and reflash this new ROM properly

Download Links:

**This ROM is preloaded with the HTC keyboard layout and eT9. If you have a Dopod or a Softbank, please download the appropriate files below.

**Many thanks to all who helped build this ROM. Thanks to NRGZ28!!! The best Chef in the West!! :)

Releases:

Stable:

[Released 6-5-2009] [WM6.1]
3VO.0.99.060509 Download Here <-- Older SYS but VERY stable :)
- Built on XIP 21048 and older SYS 19208
- Same HTC SNAP based packages as 1.XX
- ROM is very fast and all features seem to work well
- Homescreen timeout issue fixed (please test)

Testing:

[Released 7-1-2009] [WM6.5]
3VO.1.30.070109 Download Here <-- Test version
Changes:
- Built on 21812 WM6.5 Core :D
- Titanium layout and Titanium Weather
- JBED and Opera
- HTC Inner Circle
- Colored TopBar icons
- WM5torage
- Various tweaks and upgraded packages
- Homescreen Layout problem not fixed yet <-- working hard on this!
- Set up a Speed Dial key for the Facade Refresh shortcut in the Start Menu and run it when a Homescreen problems occurs
- Needs major bug testing, please report back

[Released 6-5-2009] [WM6.5]
3VO.1.20.060509 Download Here <-- Updated version pending
Changes:
- Built on 21234 WM6.5 Core :D
- Added extra packages
- Added "Enable HTC Weather.cab" to \My Documents (use to enable HTC Weather App if needed)
- Homescreen Layout problem not fixed yet <-- working hard on this!
- Needs major bug testing, please report back

[Released 6-1-2009] [WM6.1]
3VO.1.01.060109 Download Here <-- Download removed
Changes:
- Updated to SYS and XIP 21048 :D
- Added SMS based apps
- Added Windows Live
- Bluetooth fixed (please test)
- Added Tegic eT9 CABS in \My Documents (HTC S630 installed already)
- Please test and report bugs!

** note: These ROMS are not official shipped ROMS and I am NOT responsible for any damage it may cause to your device. ROM flalshing is meant for experienced users only.

Attachments

• Captured-1.JPG
    Captured-1.JPG
    15.4 KB · Views: 1,002
  • Captured-3.JPG
    Captured-3.JPG
    19.4 KB · Views: 684
  • Captured-4.JPG
    Captured-4.JPG
    11.1 KB · Views: 594
  • Captured-5.JPG
    Captured-5.JPG
    9.9 KB · Views: 567
  • Captured-6.JPG
    Captured-6.JPG
    16.9 KB · Views: 598
Last edited:

ookba

Oct 12, 2007
LA
3vo ROM updates

Screenshots for TEST 3VO.1.30.070109! :)

This is a WM 6.5 TEST build. This version is not as stable as 0.99 WM 6.1.

CAVA-Screenshot1.jpg

Last edited:

thisbejoe77

Jul 7, 2006
Tampa, FL
One small problem

Love this ROM, looks great, works very well for the most part, only one small problem I've found so far. When I open the start menu it shows recent items, but when you use the left softkey to open "All Programs" the button flashes, but nothing changes, you are just stuck at the recent items menu. You can't get to any other installed apps... Would love it if a fix were available...

thisbejoe77

Jul 7, 2006
Tampa, FL
More info

I am using the DOPOD C730. Just for the heck of it I re-flashed the ROM to my phone. That did seem to fix the issue, now when I press the "All Programs" softkey, the menu expands and shows all installed programs. Confirming that bluetooth does not work with this ROM on the DOPOD C730 either. WiFi works ok, and other features seem good. I'll report anything else I find as well. So you guys can ignore my previous post about the programs menu, its working after a ROM re-flash.

thisbejoe77

Jul 7, 2006
Tampa, FL
ROM expires?

I just rebooted my phone and noticed that this ROM appears to expire. I get a message saying this concludes the beta test of this software. I can't get past it and am going to re-flash the original ROM for now. Looking forward to a final build of this ROM to use!

mrglofish

Oct 15, 2007
I've got the same problem as joe- I'll bet htc put an expiration date on the rom. One (temporary) workaround would be to set an incorrect, earlier date, I suppose. But otherwise, an awesome rom! Great job!

Nokser

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 18, 2008
Warsaw
mcodingset.com
**This ROM is preloaded with the HTC keyboard layout and eT9. If you have a Dopod or a Softbank, please download the appropriate files below.
**Many thanks to all who helped build this ROM. Thanks to NRGZ28!!! The best Chef in the West!!

Tell me or by the keyboard may not work at all, for example, on my Samsung:confused:

mrglofish

Oct 15, 2007
oh, and also none of my apps seem to be able to use data. I did auto configure for at&t, and IE can get online, but neither skyfire, facebook, or seven email seem to be able to use the data connection.

ookba

Oct 12, 2007
LA
Love this ROM, looks great, works very well for the most part, only one small problem I've found so far. When I open the start menu it shows recent items, but when you use the left softkey to open "All Programs" the button flashes, but nothing changes, you are just stuck at the recent items menu. You can't get to any other installed apps... Would love it if a fix were available...
This might be due to the Home Screen timeout issue I am battling. Goes to "the layout cannot be loaded" after letting it sit at idle for a while. Try unchecking the "show recent programs" box in Home Screen settimgs. I am working on a permanent fix. Uploading another test version right now for you guys to try. Bluetooth fixed!!!! Please test A2DP, etc... :)

ookba

Oct 12, 2007
LA
I just rebooted my phone and noticed that this ROM appears to expire. I get a message saying this concludes the beta test of this software. I can't get past it and am going to re-flash the original ROM for now. Looking forward to a final build of this ROM to use!
WOW! You guys got that "time-bomb" It also happened to Excalibur users with NRG's Energy ROM. I am uploading a new version now with SYS 21048 that is not going to expire... (hopefully) :)

ookba

Oct 12, 2007
LA
oh, and also none of my apps seem to be able to use data. I did auto configure for at&t, and IE can get online, but neither skyfire, facebook, or seven email seem to be able to use the data connection.
Thats weird. I use 3G data with everything. Outlook, email, IE, Google Maps, etc. Check to make sure its set to use either Internet Connection or Media.net if on AT&T. Uploading 1.01 now. Check the first post for the link.

pl879

Sep 15, 2008
amoy
this link in china not work,Can you replace a new link?
:mad::mad:

Start -> Settings -> Home Screen -> Tme Out: Never
Home Screen doesn't work,Still at the end of solution:(

ookba

Oct 12, 2007
LA
this link in china not work,Can you replace a new link?
:mad::mad:

Start -> Settings -> Home Screen -> Tme Out: Never
Home Screen doesn't work,Still at the end of solution:(
Its the international firewall. Not sure where else I can upload it!? You have an FTP server?? Give me acces via Private Message and I can upload it.

Top Liked Posts