extended batteries?

Search This thread

icemanwbs

Aug 25, 2011
Pennsylvania
yeah dude glitch is pretty amazing imo

I'm also having strange data drops. Thought maybe was from so many apps/Widgets I have. Not sure. Instead of the airplane trick, try shutting g off data, then turn it back on. Seams to work for me. I hope this rom smooths out though.it is supposed to be stable so idk.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda app-developers app

skepticmisfit

Jul 25, 2013
I'm also having strange data drops. Thought maybe was from so many apps/Widgets I have. Not sure. Instead of the airplane trick, try shutting g off data, then turn it back on. Seams to work for me. I hope this rom smooths out though.it is supposed to be stable so idk.

yeah data drops do happen. it's been an issue for a while. however, the problem isn't as big of a deal if you set "Keep wifi on during sleep" (settings/wifi/menu button/advanced) to always
usually for me toggling wifi can fix drops. whenever i reboot the phone for whatever reason with wifi on it likes to not connect to the internet, and turning off wifi and waiting for 3G to connect then re-enabling wifi fixes it

Reactions: icemanwbs

skepticmisfit

Jul 25, 2013
did you guys both having issues with data...? mine was not working at all though 3G symbol was there... I did try airplane trick but still not working,,, so i just head to original stock eh03 rom... btw did you know app / bloatware that cant be remove on stock rom...?

hey see my previous post about data drops.

yeah.. eh03 has bloatware. why do you think people resort to rooting?

icemanwbs

Aug 25, 2011
Pennsylvania
Thanks skeptic.....I changed wifi as per your advice. Data drops had me worried a bit. Fingers crossed.:thumbup:

pahlevy

May 1, 2013
Jakarta

will try that when i'm flashing back to cm 7.2 for now im still playing with stock.. :D

yes, i just want to make sure that I will not remove app that shouldn't be removed... so i can maximized the stock rom... :eek:

thanks skeptic...

btw, did we doing lots of oot in this thread now guys... :D

skepticmisfit

Jul 25, 2013
will try that when i'm flashing back to cm 7.2 for now im still playing with stock.. :D

yes, i just want to make sure that I will not remove app that shouldn't be removed... so i can maximized the stock rom... :eek:

thanks skeptic...

btw, did we doing lots of oot in this thread now guys... :D

well i mean i made this thread so i don't really think it matters. it's not like a ROM thread where going off topic turns into disaster. a mod will do what he/she sees fit, and frankly, this forum is a ghost town anyway so we could use some off-topic discussion.
btw, i ditched cm7.2 in favor of AOKP milestone 6 (ics 4.0.4). the data drops started to get really bad for me and i was kinda annoyed. ics never had data drops to speak of, although it seems to perform a bit laggier than cm7 as far as UI and RAM management go.

icemanwbs

Aug 25, 2011
Pennsylvania
Yep same here dude. I like the looks and all but I'm afraid I'm going to do the same. Funny, I was thinking of milestone 6 today at work! Lol. Agree that this is becoming a ghost town. Too bad.
I'm sure I have that file someplace. Just curious about kernel you may recommended with 6.

skepticmisfit

Jul 25, 2013
Yep same here dude. I like the looks and all but I'm afraid I'm going to do the same. Funny, I was thinking of milestone 6 today at work! Lol. Agree that this is becoming a ghost town. Too bad.
I'm sure I have that file someplace. Just curious about kernel you may recommended with 6.

built-in Glitch is fine for me. depends which m6 file you have. if you have a Devil m6 build (which also has linaro toolchain) then you may want to update to a newer version of devil kernel. but since my phone did not like that build, i use the old official milestone 6 which included IcyGlitch and the normal toolchain. i seemed to have trouble when using a newer Skunkworks Glitch build (well it was slightly slower for me, idk it might have been placebo :p) but it did fix native wifi tethering.
wifi tethering isn't as much of an issue for me since my data plan got downgraded from 4GB to 2GB shared with two other people. we don't use data much anyway so yeah. save money.

icemanwbs

Aug 25, 2011
Pennsylvania
Well, using the good ole ms6 with icy glitch and its great. Few Widgets , and such but its smooth with no data losses so far. Haven't messed with any performance tweaks just yet. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

skepticmisfit

Jul 25, 2013
Well, using the good ole ms6 with icy glitch and its great. Few Widgets , and such but its smooth with no data losses so far. Haven't messed with any performance tweaks just yet. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

yeah i don't feel the need to mess with performance tweaks. it seems fast enough. especially with nova launcher which is built in.
i've had a more stable experience on AOKP and CM9 than i have on even EH03 (the stock Verizon firmware). i don't know if that's sad (because a bedroom programmer did it better than Verizon) or if it's epic (same explanation) but whatever.

however, i have had issues with chrome on AOKP, and occasionally i get a dialog that says "system has stopped responding." other than that i prefer aokp because unicornz

skepticmisfit

Jul 25, 2013
so i was on AOKP and guess what? i get a phone call and the phone lags.
more specifically, the screen lit up and then for about 10 seconds i saw the phone icon in the status bar but no ringtone or option to answer the call (most likely because i had a pattern and the phone was lagging trying to bypass it)
and when i finally did get the incoming phone call screen and ringtone, it lasted for 5 seconds and the touchscreen didn't work, making me miss the call.
so i go to open the phone app and i waited for about 10-15 seconds for it to load.

yeah i'm not going to be using AOKP anymore. CM9 for me from here on out.

icemanwbs

Aug 25, 2011
Pennsylvania
Yikes! Haven't seen that yet. But do have crashes using chrome. Just in case, happen to have a link for a stable cm9 ?

skepticmisfit

Jul 25, 2013
Yikes! Haven't seen that yet. But do have crashes using chrome. Just in case, happen to have a link for a stable cm9 ?

yeah i use THS build 15 and i found this from a guy at RootzWiki: https://app.box.com/s/111bvxb3jad5fjhhjuq9

build 15 is REALLY stable and the only bugs are the general ICS bugs (broken native wifi tethering, three-finger bootloop,etc.)

alternatively, if you want to use an official cm9 nightly, they keep old builds on their goo.im page: http://goo.im/devs/cm/fascinatemtd/nightly
i haven't tested any of those so you're on your own there.

icemanwbs

Aug 25, 2011
Pennsylvania
Have you any knowledge of a notification "phone storage space is getting low" on the ms6 rom ? Seams odd . I still show over 1gb available.

skepticmisfit

Jul 25, 2013
Have you any knowledge of a notification "phone storage space is getting low" on the ms6 rom ? Seams odd . I still show over 1gb available.

yeah, on ms6 you can go into a terminal emulator (assuming you have one), gain root access (just type su and allow access), and then type "datafix enable" and you may want to reboot too.
you could also download this app from google play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=by.zatta.datafix

the issue here is that the /datadata partition (which was a trick the devs put in to make /data and /system larger for ICS to fit) is where all the apps are going and that partition is only 100mb or so. stevespear added the datafix script to AOKP and probably most of his other ROMs.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    did you guys both having issues with data...? mine was not working at all though 3G symbol was there... I did try airplane trick but still not working,,, so i just head to original stock eh03 rom... btw did you know app / bloatware that cant be remove on stock rom...?

Ahh I see.....well, this ole fassy runs pretty dam good , rooted and with PA ROM so I don't see reason to give her up lol

i'm personally content with cm7. anything newer is either too slow or has weird bugs. (ics has weird bugs, JB+ is too slow for me)
    im thinking to use old stable and fast custom rom (or stock). Could you suggest me what is the best custom rom for cm7 or compare with stock rom...? sorry for out of topic... :eek:

Thank you...

i use cm7 stable, which you can download here: http://get.cm/get/2Kh
    i also use the Glitch kernel, which you can download here: http://androtransfer.com/tk-glitch/CM7kernels/Glitch 13.1/CM7Fascinate-Glitch-V13_1-REL.zip

this is the most stable setup i have ever used, and the UI is the smoothest i have ever seen. doesn't necessarily do so well in benchmarks but i can play most modern games without a hitch.
    and yes this is more stable than stock EH03, which liked to reboot itself often for some reason, and had a laggy UI, but it does a bit better in benchmarks for some reason.

yeah data drops do happen. it's been an issue for a while. however, the problem isn't as big of a deal if you set "Keep wifi on during sleep" (settings/wifi/menu button/advanced) to always
    usually for me toggling wifi can fix drops. whenever i reboot the phone for whatever reason with wifi on it likes to not connect to the internet, and turning off wifi and waiting for 3G to connect then re-enabling wifi fixes it

built-in Glitch is fine for me. depends which m6 file you have. if you have a Devil m6 build (which also has linaro toolchain) then you may want to update to a newer version of devil kernel. but since my phone did not like that build, i use the old official milestone 6 which included IcyGlitch and the normal toolchain. i seemed to have trouble when using a newer Skunkworks Glitch build (well it was slightly slower for me, idk it might have been placebo :p) but it did fix native wifi tethering.
    wifi tethering isn't as much of an issue for me since my data plan got downgraded from 4GB to 2GB shared with two other people. we don't use data much anyway so yeah. save money.