Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!
Post Reply Email Thread

Thanks mikechannon, awesome job !

Thanks af974 for the artwork

ORDER Social Group

Come on guys, join in!

Hi, my name is Ezequiel and I have had ORD since 2005. Because of this, I have created a group which I not only maintain, but also I am a proud member of. This kind of group therapy might not give out any results (as we would need someone who has been able to recover from it), but at least we will be able to get past the feeling that we are in essence lonely in this world since no one outside of xda-devs seem to understand what we go through

So, what exactly is ORD?(thanks Fallen Spartan for the definition)

Quote:

I have finally figured out what is wrong with us all.

We got something that can be called ORD

Obsessive-ROM Updating Disorder

you might have it if you:

-Flashes new roms as soon as they are available

-Need to have the lastes OS build

-Need to have the latest packages, it do not matter if there is no changes to the application, just as long as it has a higher build number.

-Is often forgetful in daily activities cause you are thinking of what the next leaked update will be

-Often does not follow instructions and fails to finish schoolwork, chores, or duties in the workplace because your urge to browse websites sutch as Htcpedia or xda-developers.

-Difficulties completing household chores as you are constantly refreshing your browser for updated roms

-Often having difficulty concentrating on conversations as you are constantly backing up contacts etc, setting up mail and customizing graphics on the newest rom

-Appearing not to listen when spoken to (often being accused of beeing obsessesive with "that damn phone"

The idea is based on a thread started by G1Bricked

I...Hate...XDA
26th March 2010, 07:21 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
My name is Blair and I am an Addict!
I have been an addict since I got a Kaiser 2 years ago.
Now I cook my own personal ROM's, helped Root a couple Android Devices, and cant stop visiting XDA waiting to get or help with the latest and greated WinMo/Android Mod.

Phewwwwwww!
I feel better already.....ohhhh wait is that a new WinMo build...........
26th March 2010, 08:39 PM |#3  
XDA Portal Team / Retired Senior Moderator
Flag T r a v e l i n g Likes: HTC & XDA Dislikes: apples...
Thanks Meter: 3,183

More
Lol!

I´m Orb and I´m a humanoid, so I can type more and faster
I´m waiting that a profession: Psychologist for not humans to be created, so I´ll be in the first list to get an appointment, I have problems

The real story:

I started on Winmo world back in 2004 when I saw a friend of mine with a Blue angel, I was amazed with it and later on I got an Universal from a trip to Europe, since that I got in love with WM/HTC world, but something was missing....I was bored...
Until I came across XDA!! and all changed, the possibilities were almost infinite on flashing (flashed so many times I´ve lost the count)and customizing, money was my limit to buy more devices so I stayed only with great Uni from 2005 till 2009 that I got the chance to buy a Rhodium (I am not counting my wife´s Excalibur on this story).
Later on I wanted to have a Maple to upgrade my wife´s Excalibur and was looking for one for several months, and recently I´ve found a great deal!
Flashing continues...

That´s the end of the story....for now
26th March 2010, 08:49 PM |#4  
OP Member Advocate Admin - Spirit of XDA
Flag At The Good End Of My Hammer, Likes: My Family & XDA, Dislikes: Incompetence
Thanks Meter: 10,784

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by orb3000

Lol!

I´m Orb and I´m a humanoid, so I can type more and faster
I´m waiting that a profession: Psychologist for not humans to be created, so I´ll be in the first list to get an appointment, I have problems

With close to 8600 posts, I would dare say that you have time rather than problems
27th March 2010, 02:33 AM |#5  
Flag T r a v e l i n g Likes: HTC & XDA Dislikes: apples...
Thanks Meter: 3,183

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by egzthunder1

With close to 8600 posts, I would dare say that you have time rather than problems

Lol!
Yeah, my work (believe or not I have a work) allows me a lot of free time which I spent happy here (only not happy is my wife)
So yes.... I do have a problem!
27th March 2010, 02:58 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Hi my name is Gulli I've had ORD since February 2007. but I'm curred now.
To be curred I had to sell all my HTC devices and buy an iPhone but untill there is some other was to cure ORD I can't return to Windows Mobile or Android Doctors orders. I still have my Topas but it's for sale and I've had the offical 2.53 rom on it for more then a week.
13th August 2010, 05:58 AM |#7  
Flag Mesa, Arizona
Thanks Meter: 4

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I have finally figured out what is wrong with us all.

We got something that can be called ORD

Obsessive-ROM Updating Disorder

you might have it if you:

-Flashes new roms as soon as they are available

-Need to have the lastes OS build

-Need to have the latest packages, it do not matter if there is no changes to the application, just as long as it has a higher build number.

-Is often forgetful in daily activities cause you are thinking of what the next leaked update will be

-Often does not follow instructions and fails to finish schoolwork, chores, or duties in the workplace because your urge to browse websites sutch as Htcpedia, XDA-Developers or MobileUnderground.info.

-Difficulties completing household chores as you are constantly refreshing your browser for updated roms

-Often having difficulty concentrating on conversations as you are constantly backing up contacts etc, setting up mail and customizing graphics on the newest rom

-Appearing not to listen when spoken to (often being accused of beeing obsessesive with "that damn phone"

There, made it better.
13th August 2010, 06:40 AM |#8  
Flag NorCal
Thanks Meter: 541

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by codybear

There, made it better.

When did we start accepting advertisements?
13th August 2010, 06:48 AM |#9  
Flag San Antonio
Thanks Meter: 613

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRomMistress

isn't that nice. He wants all the noobs to follow him to mobile underground.
13th August 2010, 06:58 AM |#10  
Flag Mesa, Arizona
Thanks Meter: 4

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRomMistress

lol. Then take out the links in your signatures, the mention to htcpedia in the OP, the donate links, links to chef's other sites.
I pointed it out because if you're a true rom junkie and a chef, you know of this place. It has more resources than you'll ever want/need for building roms.

Glad to see XDA destroyed by cancer.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
addiction, flashing, flashing rom, obsessive rom updating, ord

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)