Rooting Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is Resulting in Failure, Please Help! [Kingo Failure]

Search This thread

jakichan77

Apr 25, 2011
After attempting to root with Kingo, all that happens is that it goes through the first few steps, then my phone switches to "connected as media device" and Kingo says "waiting for device" as though it is no longer connected. My Note 3 automatically switches settings and does not allow for me to switch it back.

I know Kingo is frowned upon on XDA, but I know someone on here has to know what they're doing in terms of making it so my phone will just stick in installation mode rather than media device mode.

Thanks, XDA

PS. Please "Note" I am updated to 4.3, but I was under the understanding that Kingo could root a 4.3, MJ7 Note 3.

Last edited:

jakichan77

Apr 25, 2011
Wrong section to post a question. If you search carefully you will find that mj7 is not "rootable" without tripping knox.

Sorry about that :/
Thanks. Is there any way to root it and trip Knox? I'm not extremely worried about it. Root De LA Vega did not work after the OTA, I softbricked my phone. All fixed now, but still looking for a root method.

xclub_101

Oct 15, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
After attempting to root with Kingo, all that happens is that it goes through the first few steps, then my phone switches to "connected as media device" and Kingo says "waiting for device" as though it is no longer connected. My Note 3 automatically switches settings and does not allow for me to switch it back.

I know Kingo is frowned upon on XDA, but I know someone on here has to know what they're doing in terms of making it so my phone will just stick in installation mode rather than media device mode.

Thanks, XDA

PS. Please "Note" I am updated to 4.3, but I was under the understanding that Kingo could root a 4.3, MJ7 Note 3.

This one is the International Note 3 forum.

You should focus on the specific Verizon Note 3 forum:

http://xdaforums.com/verizon-galaxy-note-3

Also XDA is not the support service site of kingo.