LG G2 D802 (made in korea) has broken download mode.

Search This thread

makgun

Sep 18, 2013
SORRY MY BAD ENGLISH
My d802 hadn't worked after ota updates since yestarday I think that it bricks.
After ota updates it started on twrp and i restarted sytem and it came back to twrp :(
After that i wiped data ,system ,dalvik ,cache and efs (full wipe) to restore my backup and then
i pressed restart to recovery bu it failed while restoring (err:mounting system) system has already mounted.
So, i decided to install orjinal rom via LG software but my download mode has broken down so I searched and i saw
the thread (url not showing for new users) i typed the code
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota
and dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/misc
after that i typed them all my download mode started but it has broken it got stuck DOWNLOAD MODE logo
and now wiping to system there is no recovery mode. i tried to switch on it on my ubuntu to install recovery
but ubuntu doesn't see the partitions of phone. my phone got stuck lg logo like download mode.
Thanks from now your reply
IT DRIVE ME CRAZY
HELP PLEASE

Last edited:

zimmerAndy

Nov 19, 2010
ze
SORRY MY BAD ENGLISH
My d802 hadn't worked after ota updates since yestarday I think that it bricks.
After ota updates it started on twrp and i restarted sytem and it came back to twrp :(
After that i wiped data ,system ,dalvik ,cache and efs (full wipe) to restore my backup and then
i pressed restart to recovery bu it failed while restoring (err:mounting system) system has already mounted.
So, i decided to install orjinal rom via LG software but my download mode has broken down so I searched and i saw
the thread (url not showing for new users) i typed the code
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota
and dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/misc
after that i typed them all my download mode started but it has broken it got stuck DOWNLOAD MODE logo
and now wiping to system there is no recovery mode. i tried to switch on it on my ubuntu to install recovery
but ubuntu doesn't see the partitions of phone. my phone got stuck lg logo like download mode.
Thanks from now your reply
IT DRIVE ME CRAZY
HELP PLEASE

Ihave almost the same problem i only have download mode but it says not support down left on the screen anybody can help us out??

so mine is back to life

Last edited:

makgun

Sep 18, 2013
Sorry there is no solution for now..

ze

Ihave almost the same problem i only have download mode but it says not support down left on the screen anybody can help us out??

so mine is back to life

I had researched a lot since that day but I haven't found a solution to fix it so I sent my phone to guarantee service. Now I am waiting their reply. they said me ''maybe this will broke my guarantee . I will reply to you if anything is wrong. '' I said OK.

I need to pray to god for fixing my phone because i used it only a week :(

I am from Turkey and you?

zimmerAndy

Nov 19, 2010
I had researched a lot since that day but I haven't found a solution to fix it so I sent my phone to guarantee service. Now I am waiting their reply. they said me ''maybe this will broke my guarantee . I will reply to you if anything is wrong. '' I said OK.

I need to pray to god for fixing my phone because i used it only a week :(

I am from Turkey and you?

ok! im from holland i fix my by upgrade tool while upgrading i disconnect the phone reboot and start upgrading again because of that action my phone came back alive now all is good!! i hope you get yours back soon..

makgun

Sep 18, 2013
I hadn't got any notifications from service

ok! im from holland i fix my by upgrade tool while upgrading i disconnect the phone reboot and start upgrading again because of that action my phone came back alive now all is good!! i hope you get yours back soon..

I sent my phone so that i can't try your solution and they hadn't give mine yet. It was a week but no feedback... :(