[Q] Does the AT&T One X have an FM Transmitter?

Search This thread

relic120

Aug 16, 2008
I've searched around and only found that it DOES have one, but no other site mentions that and I can't find anything that says it doesn't.

If we have it, then how do I use it?

inb4 get bluetooth car stereo... stock radio, no bt, and $150 for custom mount

I've searched around and only found that it DOES have one, but no other site mentions that and I can't find anything that says it doesn't.

You are right, all One X's have the FM tuner but the AT&T version is missing the software component. To get around this you need to root your One X and copy FM_Radio.apk to /system/app. After that the FM Radio app shows up in the drawer and starts without any issues.

You can get the apk here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=25636866&postcount=2

Reactions: relic120

relic120

Aug 16, 2008
Ok so no transmitter. That's fine, thanks for clarifying!

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

maxi911

Mar 25, 2010
fm transmitter

SOOOOOOOOOOO many Nokia phones have FM transmitters, not just tuners, but transmitters. so you basically sit in ur car and put songs on ur phone and play them through the fm transmitter through your car radio. isnt that awesome! its like a basic thing in nokia now, most if not all nokia phones come with it. including the pureview 808, which has a 41 mega pixel camera sensor btw

iElvis

May 24, 2012
Modville
OnePlus 9 Pro
SOOOOOOOOOOO many Nokia phones have FM transmitters, not just tuners, but transmitters. so you basically sit in ur car and put songs on ur phone and play them through the fm transmitter through your car radio. isnt that awesome! its like a basic thing in nokia now, most if not all nokia phones come with it. including the pureview 808, which has a 41 mega pixel camera sensor btw

Way to bump a three month old thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: fungflex

fungflex

Oct 19, 2005
Denville, NJ

+1

Also, can't we all agree at this point that the quality, reliability, and functionality of audio streaming via bluetooth has relegated FM transmission to sort of useless.

Also, you will notice all of those Nokia phones with FM transmitters are not available in the United States where the FCC has very strict guidelines about FM transmission.

Put this thread back to sleep!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You are right, all One X's have the FM tuner but the AT&T version is missing the software component. To get around this you need to root your One X and copy FM_Radio.apk to /system/app. After that the FM Radio app shows up in the drawer and starts without any issues.

You can get the apk here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=25636866&postcount=2