[ROM/4.2.2] [April 17 2013] AOKP VJ 4.2.2 Jelly Bean v2.2

Search This thread

olive127

Jun 2, 2010
Thank you... Your ROM is very good... I downloading now.

Hi vijendrahs,

Thank you very much for your work.
I will install this version tonight.
Sorry for the dumb question, but, can't we use the themes that are available for your CM10 ROM?

Thanks.

Last edited:

JAsko_san

May 8, 2012
www.purgerinc.com
AOKP updated to Milestone1 build (check the change log from AOKP.co)
Fixed Bluetooth issue
Fixed Network issue
For 4.2 features please read my previous threads.

Note:
Flash Gapps as soon as you flash ROM (link @OP)
Run A2SD script
Update all apps then install required apps and reboot.

"I am working for a cause and I need your help and support (donate $1) to save some one life."

AMazing work, thanks for the new release, btw what about the camera/camcorder app ??? can I make a decent video clip ( 25-30fps ) with it ? or is it still choppy ?

btw have U looked up the new QISS rom, it has an amazing cam/camcorder app, that works smooth like a GB cam/camcorder app...videos are made with 30fps, pictures are crystal clear, no crashing at all :)

vijendrahs

Feb 13, 2012
Bengaluru
AMazing work, thanks for the new release, btw what about the camera/camcorder app ??? can I make a decent video clip ( 25-30fps ) with it ? or is it still choppy ?

btw have U looked up the new QISS rom, it has an amazing cam/camcorder app, that works smooth like a GB cam/camcorder app...videos are made with 30fps, pictures are crystal clear, no crashing at all :)

I will try to get some good working cam/camcorder, since I need to look into overall framework of camera functionality how it will affect both with hardware and software and make that compatible with CM10/AOKP/MIUI frameworks.

dunstan92

Apr 18, 2011
I will try to get some good working cam/camcorder, since I need to look into overall framework of camera functionality how it will affect both with hardware and software and make that compatible with CM10/AOKP/MIUI frameworks.

Thanks for your hardwork! Anyways, I installed need for speed most wanted on my phone with your rom. Somehow, the game keep exiting on its own either during game play or during loading time. I switched from croicorey's rom to your rom. There was no problem while I was on that rom. I cleared the data of the game and start from scratch and the issue is still there. There is no other problems other that. The rom is really smooth and fluid. I could never play nfs on any gb rom. Thanks for your hardwork.

Taxiback

Aug 17, 2005
Tunbridge Wells
I have to say you've done a remarkable job of breathing life into my ancient Desire. I couldn't get the file explorer to work (couldn't find anything on my phone) so I've un-installed it with Titanium and extracted and installed Huawei-File-Manager-TeamAndroid.apk from the MildWild V-4.3 Rom and everything can now be found.

Camera is buggy but you know that, not that I would use it even if it worked (I have a camera for that). All in all a job well done.

deino

Jul 22, 2010
I have a weird error to report: my navbar ring decided to be invisible. (ROM Control, Navigation bar, navigation bar ring / number of navbar ring targets). The function itself is working, but there is no animation, nothing. When I slide the homebutton up, I have some vibration feedback, and the set action goes trough, but no animation, which is a fraking shame, I loved it.

I thought it was a glitch, bc it worked for a while on the v2.0, but then it disappeared, so I shrugged, and said it's just a flake. But after updating to v2.1, my navbar ring is still invisible. I did a full wipe in recovery (wipe everything except SD card), and I tested it before I restored anything. It's not working. I have no idea what could be doing this... I mean I did format everything, fresh install, it SHOULD be working :(

ps.christos

Mar 12, 2012
hi i would like to know if viber is compatible with this rom.Last time i used aokp rom market didn't allow me to downloaded it.Sorry for asking such a silly question but i am waiting for my new sd to come in order to flash this rom that rom,so i am a bit anxious.Thanks a lot.

bungle2k3

Feb 27, 2008
London
I was using this rom combined with a data to SD script [ amarullz data to sd ext script (with a 2gb ext3 partition) ] as shown here:

http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1555496

....and it was working perfectly but for sum reason after trying a few different things and coming back again (with full wipes every time)
I went to try to reflash the ROM and then with the data to SD script, (same as I have been doing previously)
and as soon as the phone rebooted, and I got past the "set up" phone options
it launches Nova launcher (instead of giving u the choice of which launcher to use).

if I flash back to non data to sd (ie stock) then it goes back to giving me the choice again,
it seems strange because it was working perfect on data to sd for such a long time?

Any ideas why this is happening ?

Does nova launcher save any stuff into the ext partition? or to the memory card that is triggering Nova to restore?

x3m.zone

May 12, 2012
Cluj-Napoca
Xiaomi 11T Pro
I was using this rom combined with a data to SD script [ amarullz data to sd ext script (with a 2gb ext3 partition) ] as shown here:

http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1555496

....and it was working perfectly but for sum reason after trying a few different things and coming back again (with full wipes every time)
I went to try to reflash the ROM and then with the data to SD script, (same as I have been doing previously)
and as soon as the phone rebooted, and I got past the "set up" phone options
it launches Nova launcher (instead of giving u the choice of which launcher to use).

if I flash back to non data to sd (ie stock) then it goes back to giving me the choice again,
it seems strange because it was working perfect on data to sd for such a long time?

Any ideas why this is happening ?

Does nova launcher save any stuff into the ext partition? or to the memory card that is triggering Nova to restore?

Why you no use this ?

Reactions: bungle2k3

kormen

Mar 1, 2007
Some little things.

Hi!

I try the 2.1 and, found some bug/feature:

if i turn on the lamp, then the screen turning off, the lapp also turning off. If the screen turn on, the lamp not turning on. but the button on statusbar shows, the lamp is on.

The lockscreen change not work for me. i can't change elements, and number of elements. always 3 element, (google unlock camera)

The camera app sometimes can't connect the cam

the preview is fall apart in camera app.

the recording witht the cam is an embossed gray lagging horror.

Any suggessions?

I testing more...

Kormen

Taxiback

Aug 17, 2005
Tunbridge Wells
Hi!

I try the 2.1 and, found some bug/feature:

if i turn on the lamp, then the screen turning off, the lapp also turning off. If the screen turn on, the lamp not turning on. but the button on statusbar shows, the lamp is on.

The lockscreen change not work for me. i can't change elements, and number of elements. always 3 element, (google unlock camera)

The camera app sometimes can't connect the cam

the preview is fall apart in camera app.

the recording witht the cam is an embossed gray lagging horror.

Any suggessions?

I testing more...

Kormen

The camera is an easy fix, just install a different one from the Play store, Camera360 Ultimate works OK.

bungle2k3

Feb 27, 2008
London
This does not seem to work with int2sd?
Is there way of enabling this in the terminal emulator?

Last edited:

Taxiback

Aug 17, 2005
Tunbridge Wells
Does anyone know what would happen if I typed Y in terminal emulator for the second option on the last line shown below? I think it was move Data/data.

1. Type
su
and hit enter
Accept when you see the pop up with root permissions

2. Type
a2sd install
and hit enter
Then type
Y and enter, N and enter, Y and enter.

Reactions: Werkmannen

aardappel12

Dec 9, 2010
Does anyone know what would happen if I typed Y in terminal emulator for the second option on the last line shown below? I think it was move Data/data.

1. Type
su
and hit enter
Accept when you see the pop up with root permissions

2. Type
a2sd install
and hit enter
Then type
Y and enter, N and enter, Y and enter.

I'm guessing you mean when you type in YYY in the terminal?
If so then you also move data to your sd-card which will badly slow down your system.. But you can try it ofcourse, but don't recommend it with a slow sd-card

JAsko_san

May 8, 2012
www.purgerinc.com
Thanks for the updated version, I'll test it out, so far the old one worked good with some networking issues...will see about that in the v2.1

Thanks again :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The fastest/stable AOKP VJ Jelly Bean v2.2

For donations, PayPal couldn't receive donations to India, use "Send payment" service from PayPal

AOKP 4.2.2 is the Fastest, Stable and Smooth ROM for Desire with all the AOKP features working as per the AOKP Latest build
    Use MX player to play videos and select software decoder in options.

aokp-jelly-bean.png

Hboot : Stock for now

Existing issues/problems:
    Open and close the camera before use.

Note: Please do not make mirrors of download link.

Download link

Jelly Bean 4.2.2

Version 2.2
    Download with GApps

Version 2.1:
    Download with GApps

Version 2.0:
    Download with GApps

Version 1.0
    Download with GApps

Jelly Bean 4.1.2 earlier version:
    Version 2.2:
    Download here

Gapps for 4.1.2
    Download here

USB Tethering App
    Download here

Thanks to:
    AOKP (https://github.com/aokp)
    Evervolv (https://github.com/Evervolv)

Screenshots...
    Jelly Bean 4.2.2 changelog:
    Code:
    [B]Version 2.1[/B]
    Updated to latest AOKP source
    Fixed permissions
    Performance improvement
    More stabilization
    Extra features added
    Etc...

[B]Version 1.0[/B]
    After months of fixes, finally with almost all working (Camcorder with glitches)
    Latest AOKP code merge
    WiFi fix
    SD Card fix
    Telephone network fix
    USB Mass storage fix
    many more......

Jelly Bean 4.1.2 changelog:
    Code:
    [B]Version 2.2[/B]
    Fixed Notification lights, everything works except missed call notification light.
    Fixed Lock Screen lag 
    WiFi Tether tweaks 
    Slim the ROM size
    Bluetooth tweak
    Added Terminal Emulator

[B]Version 2.1[/B][URL="http://d-h.st/rhN"] Download here [/URL]
    AOKP updated to Milestone1 build 
    Fixed Bluetooth issue
    Fixed Network issue
    Check changelog from aokp.co 

[B]Version 2.0[/B]
    AOKP changed to latest AOKP build 5 from aokp.co
    AOKP updated with 4.1.2 source code.
    Video recording much better.
    Lot of AOKP features added, everything works great
    Much speed, smooth and stable
    Soft-nav bar reflect immediately on select.
    Lot more features.
    Latest Evervolv 3.1.0p1

[B]Version 1.4[/B]
    Updated to latest Evervolv build
    Patched the framework for changes to incorporate
    Camcoder now works but still has some choppiness

[B]Version 1.2 [/B]  
    Updated to latest AOKP build
    Updated to latest Evervolv
    Kernel - wifi, binder, and tweaks from faux123 for better performance.
    A2DP Audio over Bluetooth
    Lot more changes...

[B]Version 1.1[/B]
    Initial version
    Added Apps2SD script  support (use Android Terminal Emulator to enable)

[B]
    Version 1.0[/B]
    Initial version
    Use this version those are looking for AD2SDX  (script executes by default)

Working list:

Data
    WiFi
    WiFi Tether
    Bluetooth
    Rotation
    Mic
    Sound
    USB Mass Storage
    USB Tether (using app provided)
    GPS
    A2SD support
    Trackball wake
    HWA
    Camera
    Camcorder (glitches)
    Sensors
    Latest AOKP features
    Themes
    and more....

Jelly bean 4.2.2 screenshots
    AOKP 4.2.2 Update

AOKP updated to 4.2.2

AOKP Version 1.0:
    Finally AOKP 4.2.2 fixed with all the issues from past one month as I was updating the status
    Almost all features are working and just video recording issue is left.
    Please do post if any issues along with logcat

Note: Please do full wipe before flashing.
    Install A2SD with Y|N|Y from Terminal Emulator provided.
    AOKP 4.2.2 Update

AOKP Updated to : Version 2.0

AOKP Updated to latest source
    Fixed permissions for GApps
    Performance improvements
    Stabilized build

Note: Do full wipe before flash, test and let me know your feedback.
    Amazing work, hope this ROM gets updated to 4.2.1, too :) AOKP JB is my fav. so far :)

Actually I am working to bring AOKP 4.2.1 from past 2 weeks, in between I was busy with CM10.1 and Flyme 2.0.

AOKP is at final stage, all issues fixed for booting and at final fix needed for Virtual SD partition related for Multi-users.