373 posts
Thanks Meter: 105

By hippiesky, Senior Member on 10th January 2014, 06:17 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th January 2014, 09:13 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
I'm still dreaming of a stable JB at least. :banghead:

Still love this phone. I can easily get another one but I'm too busy to start over. I'm sure my next phone would be xda friendly.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

14th January 2014, 05:58 PM |#12  
Flag Droid
Thanks Meter: 368

More
I still have my g2x in case anything new happens with development although I don't know how many devs are really left lol. The nexus 5 is an amazing device.....it would have to be something really crazy in terms of development for the g2x to make me get the dust off mine and boot it up.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda premium
15th January 2014, 09:48 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
It stood well the test of time. I've reclaimed the very first Android phone, myTouch 4G from my cousin. I gave him my Nexus 4.

Anyway, I compare the G2X, still solid and smooth. The myTouch is just slow painful to use. How times have changed.

The other day used G2X on skype and had multiple crashes and phone has become very sluggish at running more than 2 apps. This is on CM7. The display and colors are bright and deep black colors. In my opinion, its a great display.

My main is Nexus 5. Still my favorite phone.
17th January 2014, 04:57 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Jumping ship and getting the nexus 5 as soon as I get a job.

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda app-developers app
17th January 2014, 06:36 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
- 50% of paint on metal stripe around phone is gone
- the back plastic plate that says "8M" fell off, I superglued it
- microUSB port looks scratched around the perimeter
- slot of the backplate looks uneven from billions of removals

will be 3 years this summer, still refusing to get rid of it. I will use till it vomits in my face.
The Following User Says Thank You to aplsux For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aplsux Ad-Free
17th January 2014, 11:03 PM |#16  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 105

More
Nice! Almost 3 years for me also. Don't feel the need to spend hundreds of dollars on a new phone when this does what I need it to do. When it dies is when I get a new one lok

21st January 2014, 05:47 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplsux

- 50% of paint on metal stripe around phone is gone
- the back plastic plate that says "8M" fell off, I superglued it
- microUSB port looks scratched around the perimeter
- slot of the backplate looks uneven from billions of removals

will be 3 years this summer, still refusing to get rid of it. I will use till it vomits in my face.

You can always spend $10+ on eBay for backplate and case replacements

The Following User Says Thank You to jpyumul For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jpyumul Ad-Free
22nd January 2014, 03:50 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpyumul

You can always spend $10+ on eBay for backplate and case replacements

naah. I love this feeling - at school, I've always had the crappiest calculator, the cheapest books in terrible condition I can find with human genitals drawn on them, and getting all the scholarships and research grants. I love this way of being. I love how everyone gets their new and shiny nexus and apple, and thinking now they are ready to make some good in their lives. Your belongings have nothing to do with it.
The Following User Says Thank You to aplsux For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aplsux Ad-Free
22nd January 2014, 05:59 AM |#19  
Flag Markham
Thanks Meter: 153

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

naah. I love this feeling - at school, I've always had the crappiest calculator, the cheapest books in terrible condition I can find with human genitals drawn on them, and getting all the scholarships and research grants. I love this way of being. I love how everyone gets their new and shiny nexus and apple, and thinking now they are ready to make some good in their lives. Your belongings have nothing to do with it.

+1. Absolutely right!

noobish comments:
-- As the story says, a kiss turned my G2X into an HTC Ruby!
23rd January 2014, 01:30 AM |#20  
Flag Droid
Thanks Meter: 368

More
Quote:

Agreed, belongings have nothing to do with the person you are, but that doesn't mean you should limit yourself to your material belongings when it truly serves no benefit upon doing so. With that said, I f***ing love my brand new Nexus 5 =)
23rd January 2014, 04:03 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Still have mine, been my daily for three years now. Running my own little cooked up version of a stripped down CM7.2 for about a year with no issues.

It does what I need it to do as a phone so I have no reason to shell out some cash to upgrade and I will probably have it until it dies on me.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)