panel linkage?

Search This thread

nap007

Sep 28, 2008
something just occurred in my mind, it has been said that apparently X1 uses the default WMP to playback movies and music that being accessed from media experience panel; this would mean that there is some link that connect that panel to WMP.

Now the important question is, can the panel link be redirected into other media players? If this is possible, it will be a great thing!

*edit*

even better if the same could be applied into the internet explorer home UI -is that a panel?-, which mean we can use Opera or others

Last edited:

Kloc

Sep 18, 2008
It actually can play music through the panel directly also without using wmp

msalmank

Sep 12, 2008
Islamabad
xperiancer.blogspot.com
but it still use WMP right? or is it actually have it's own player?

In my opinion; It can be either... Panels are applications that not only are stand-alone applications, but they actually tie in with the device letting you communicate with other applications. Communication would of-course depend on the application in question... as in how much information it gives out that you can use in your panel and so on.

I love Panels over TF3D 'cos of customizability and its overall potential.

I myself am looking forward to implement panels - probably some completely stupid and useless stuff... :)
I downloaded the SDK and installed it when released, however was bummed out that for Panels you have to use C++. It has been AGES since i used that languge other than when really needed. I have been hearing that SE will support C# and vb.nEt in the end for Panel development, and i am really looking forward to that day. (maybe they already have, 'cos i haven't really checked for updates)